PDA

View Full Version : Mark Bettin...need prayers...

AI#97
07-20-2009, 09:27 PM
I know a few of you know Mark from Open Track circles and a few might not have heard.

Mark apparently had a serious biking accident in the last 24 to 48 hours and is in the ICU at Baylor. He is unconscious and unresponsive with a very serious head injury and I think a broken pelvis. The stories are a little sketchy as everyone is so shocked by what seems like a VERY freak accident. Things do not look good as they are worried about the swelling in his skull.

I have only met Mark a couple of times but he seemed like a genuinely good guy and it makes me sick to hear stuff like this about people I like.

I think Wayne and Dave Schwartz have been by the hospital and may have more details but I thought those that know him might want to know if you didn't already.

:cry:

Todd Covini
07-20-2009, 10:29 PM
Thanks Matt....Mark's an all-around great guy. Been at the track a few times with him. He also ran OTC with Monroe many years ago.

Thoughts & prayers go out to his family so that we can hear from him as to what the heck happened!

Careful out there everyone...you never know when it's your day....

-=- Todd

AI#97
07-20-2009, 10:46 PM
Thanks Matt....Mark's an all-around great guy. Been at the track a few times with him. He also ran OTC with Monroe many years ago.

Thoughts & prayers go out to his family so that we can hear from him as to what the heck happened!

Careful out there everyone...you never know when it's your day....

-=- Todd

Yeah, through the years I have been around, I have seen/heard Chris Marvel talk about his motorcycle close calls and Jeff Lacina's big wreck on his motorcycle a couple years ago. When you think of the other racing legends that got hurt or died off the track...it sort of makes you think about the risks you take when not surrounded by the proper safety gear. It sort of made me think about the risks I was taking just two weeks ago on some mountain roads in a Kia SUV... in hind sight...it was probably pretty stupid.

Either way, I hope you are right and Mark recovers and tells us the story from his perspective.

donovan
07-21-2009, 07:59 PM
Thanks for the info Matt...

Mark is a great guy, I have talked with him at a couple track events. He also helped me out with some wiring issues on my car when I was building it up. Great guy, hope to see him soon at the track again.

DD

BSharp
08-03-2009, 09:58 AM
Mark succumbed to his injuries yesterday afternoon. He will be missed.

Bud

AI#97
08-03-2009, 10:19 AM
Mark surcummed to his injuried yesterday afternoon. He will be missed.

Bud

I got one of the updates over the weekend about his condition worsening but hadn't heard he passed. :(

Godspeed Mark and wish the best for your family.

donovan
08-03-2009, 10:31 AM
Mark surcummed to his injuried yesterday afternoon. He will be missed.

Bud

Godspeed Mark and wish the best for your family. :(

David Love AI27
08-03-2009, 12:55 PM
Sad thing... prayers to his family and friends..

Tex89
08-06-2009, 12:31 PM
There will be a get together after the service this Friday afternoon to reminisce about Mark and the good times we had with him over the years. Everyone is invited. It will be at:

Fox and Hound English Pub & Grille - Dallas/Richardson
Enhanced food menu!
112 W Campbell Road
Richardson, TX 75080
Phone: (972) 437-4225

Starting ~ 3:15-3:30? The service is at 2:00.

David's Detail Service (214)232-1899
Terrell, Texas

Tex89
08-06-2009, 12:34 PM
Hi everyone,
Just wanted to let you guys know some of the details about Mark's service. We have scheduled a service for 2:00 P.M. on Friday, August 7th at Charles W. Smith and Sons in Sachse, TX. The actual address for the funeral home is 2925 5th St. in Sachse. The announcement will be in Tuesday or Wednesday's Dallas Morning News. However, there will be additional details on the funeral home's website. Their website is www.cwsfuneralhome.com.

I will be going to Wisconsin soon to have another service with Mark's family. We have not finalized the detail but the hope is the week of August 10th or the following week.

Thank you for all of your support and kindness.
Lisa

Age 47, passed from this life August 2, 2009 in Dallas, Texas. Mark was born in West Allis, Wisconsin March 29, 1962 to Harold and Lorraine (Fischer) Bettin. He grew up in West Allis and loved biking, which he has loved throughout his life. Mark graduated from the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee in 1985 with an electrical engineering degree. Mark came to the Dallas area in 1986 and has worked as an electrical engineer for various companies in the Dallas/Plano area. He was currently employed at AMX Corporation in Richardson, Texas. He was a uniquely gifted and talented engineer. He loved his photography, biking and passionately his cars. Mark was avery loving husband, son and brother Mark is survived by his wife of 20 years Lisa (Bolin) Bettin, parents Harold and Lorraine Bettin sisters, Cory Mankowski, Pauline Dettmann and husband Terry and Susan Esker and husband Gary, , parents-in-law, Richard and Audrey Bolin and nieces and nephews, Ann, Mike and wife Stephanie Mankowski and great niece Grace, Jason and wife Chris, Adam and Luke Zeunges and great nieces and nephews and brother-in-law Randal McMahone. He was preceded in death by his nephew Terry "TJ" Dettmann, Jr. MEMORIAL SERVICE will be held 2 P.M. Friday August 7, 2009 at Charles W Smith & Sons Chapel, 2925 Fifth St., Sachse, Texas 75048, 972-414-5050. Memorials may be made to Best Friends Animal Society, 5001 Angel Canyon Road, Kanab, Utah 84741-5000, 435-644-2001 in care of Mark Bettin, E-mail: carquy89@verizon.net