PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts and prayers for Randy

Al Fernandez
07-26-2009, 11:06 AM
Guys, I just got off the phone with Randy English, who is in the hospital after a heart attack yesterday. He's in good spirits and feeling relatively ok under the circumstances. Looks like he'll be in the hospital a few more days while they run more tests and figure out what to do from here.

Just goes to show you how important appreciating life is. Randy is a very healthy guy; goes to the gym at lunch, eats right, etc. You just never know.

GlennCMC70
07-26-2009, 11:44 AM
wow. i just saw him last week.

this really sucks. :cry:

jeffburch
07-26-2009, 12:19 PM
Get well soon and hope to see you @ ECR!

Jb

mitchntx
07-26-2009, 12:36 PM
Al, any contact info for him?

AllZWay
07-26-2009, 03:29 PM
Randy....glad to hear you are doing ok. Hang in there and get well soon.

Hope to see you at the track very soon.

michaelmosty
07-26-2009, 08:00 PM
Thoughts and prayers are with you Randy, see ya soon!!

Todd Covini
07-26-2009, 11:25 PM
Hope you feel better, Randy. Geez, you never know.
What were you doing when it happened?

I've mowed the lawn and done other activities recently where I could see the 'ol ticker was workin overtime.

-=- Todd

Al Fernandez
07-27-2009, 08:16 AM
All I have is his cell phone Mitch. I know he's at the Healthsouth Hospital, just off i45 and FM1960.

marshall_mosty
07-27-2009, 08:36 AM
Prayers for a speedy recovery Randy.

Al Fernandez
07-28-2009, 07:41 AM
Wow, these things move fast sometimes. I talked to Randy yesterday, who says he's ready to take on the world! :lol: They ran some tests and using dye and real time x-ray found an artery with serious blockage. They went in and did an angioplasty (a little ballon to push the artery open) and put in a stent (what amounts to an expandable metal tube liner) to keep the artery open. So after all that apparently Randy is feeling great. No word yet on long term recovery/activity restrictions/diet/medications but he was thinking they'd let him out of the hospital in two days.

mitchntx
07-28-2009, 07:47 AM
To piggy back onto Al's post, late yesterday I called and talked with Randy for about 45 minutes.

He was in great spirits, laughing and joking all the while.

He said the Doc came by and told him he could possibly go home this afternoon or tomorrow morning and in a couple days resume normal activity.

He said he looked up at the Doc and then Linda. Linda then asked for the Doc to define "normal". :lol:

I fully expect to see randy this weekend ... maybe not in his car, but he was certainly jonesing for a track visit.

He might sign up for Nationals in TT, who knows!

rleng1
07-28-2009, 08:52 PM
thanks all for your thoughts and prayers. I'm home having a double cheeseburger (NOT)!!!
The procedure went well and I am home recovering. The power of prayer triumphs again.
I'm feeling good, but i doubt if the LAW Motorsports new creation, CMC2 #7 will be at TWS. But if I keep improving, you never know.
I encourage anyone who is getting long in the tooth, >50, to get a stress test. If you want to know what a heart attack feels like... it is sort of like spinning out on the cool down lap.
Take care and i really appreciate all of you.
Randy

AllZWay
07-28-2009, 08:57 PM
Great news Randy.... :)

Todd Covini
07-29-2009, 09:25 PM
If you want to know what a heart attack feels like... it is sort of like spinning out on the cool down lap.

Randy

<<GASP>> That's a horrible feeling!!! :shock:
Hope to see you trackside soon, Randy!

David Love AI27
07-29-2009, 09:59 PM
I encourage anyone who is getting long in the tooth, >50, to get a stress test.

The guys are gonna get one this weekend... I'll bring high amp battery charger just in case... CLEAR!!!

Glad your home... hospitals suck