PDA

View Full Version : Points

David Love AI27
08-03-2009, 01:27 PM
ok so I've been doing this for a couple of years now and never concerned myself much with the points battle. I don't know how you CMC guys do it. Last year the Jeffs were down to the last race and a switch in positions made the difference for the whole season.

This year I was determined to be in the top three in AI... man I'm I going to be disappointed.... The DownUnder guys will of course win due to work done both this year and last, however, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th may come down to a similar situation as the Jeffs last year. Currently after this weekend and including drops it looks like this:

2nd: Frank w/1150
3rd: LiiR w/1110
4th Mike w/1043

If Mike has a perfect weekend at ECR (possible) that would be 408 points, and I had a miracle weekend with 4 3rds 340 points (not gonna happen) and if Frank had a bad weekend (please don't, I felt so bad being right behind you when you had your "off") 4 5ths, 300 points, Mike would beat us both by 1 poiint 1451 to 1450 and Frank and I would be tied... To be more realistic I usually finish 5th so that would be 300 points for 4 races, then all Mike has to do is collect both poles and 4 seconds which would be 368 or totals of 1411 to 1410.... for 3rd overall...

SO... keeping in mind that I am working on being optimistic instead of pessimistic, instead of wishing bad luck to Mike, I am going to look at the "positive" side and hope that my fellow competitors kick his a$$.

BlueFirePony
08-11-2009, 10:26 PM
Hey Dave, count on me to keep last place out of your reach ;)

David Love AI27
08-11-2009, 10:42 PM
Hey Dave, count on me to keep last place out of your reach ;)

you coming out to play at ECR???

BlueFirePony
08-11-2009, 10:59 PM
It'll take a miracle, approval from the Boss and a realignment of the stars in heaven, but I am going to try - tranny still needs work but I did ECR in third gear last time so I figure I can do it again ;)
I need a new set of tires and both front/rear pads so not sure I'll get the nod on that spend right now - 4 in college ya know and we are trying to start a business so $ is tight.

Worst case I'm going to try to be in town that weekend and at least drop by to hang with you all.

donovan
08-12-2009, 12:12 AM
Good luck!!!

It looks like I will be at ECR as well, I will put an X on the car just for you! :wink: