08-06-2009, 10:17 AM
Is his new job with ACORN?
LOFL!

Jb

GlennCMC70
08-06-2009, 10:21 AM
817-350-3542
feel free to call me to talk about it.
its likely there is more to this than you know.

AI#97
08-06-2009, 10:22 AM
He's just like a pussy...

Sometimes he has sand in it and bleeds a lot....

Other times he's fun to play with!

:P :P

Rob Liebbe
08-06-2009, 10:49 AM
its likely there is more to this than you know.

Funny, I thought I would ask a question "out loud" so that the entire group might benefit from the answer and information. There have been a few instances of private conversations regarding rules etc. in the past that only caused more confusion. The statement "it's likely there is more to this than you know" is a recurring theme with NASA "management" that harbors frustration among the racers. We saw this a while back with another national decision/change made by NASA. The decision/change was dictated down from on high with no explanation. It stirred a commotion within the racing community until Tony G. finally responded with a clear, concise and legitamite reasoning why the decision/change was done. As soon as his post was read and the reason for the decision/change was explained, all the confusion and bitching stopped immediately. The lesson learned is that good information goes a long way and "management" dictation does damage. Having said that, I understand that NASA is an owned business and they are entitled to make decisions about that business. Just remember that the racers are the customers of that business and should be treated respectfully. No business succeeds with dissatisfied customers.

David Love AI27
08-06-2009, 10:54 AM
Better watch the rock throwing about attitudes... some of you guys live in glass houses and it could get messy... I live in a mud hut so I can throw all the rocks I want....

GlennCMC70
08-06-2009, 10:54 AM
my comment you quoted was w/ regards to the thread that was deleted.
but since you feel i'm hiding things, i'll fill you in.

Mitch posted a responce that i took in jest, so i deleted it and sent him a note as to why. he took offence to it. JB made a comment that didnt need to be there. i took it down w/ an explanation. Ross made a positive comment towards Jeff B, i took it down.

i'm done w/ explaining this. it is what it is......

Wirtz
08-06-2009, 10:58 AM
The real question to me is why is anyone censoring or editing posts they did not make....

AllZWay
08-06-2009, 11:24 AM
It didn't take long this time for the racing high to wear off for everyone. :lol:

GlennCMC70
08-06-2009, 11:25 AM
The real question to me is why is anyone censoring or editing posts they did not make....

because i didnt want to wade thru 10 pages of JB's shit for sale, and Ross begging JB to stay, and Rob and God knows who else wondering what the spec tire is gonna be (dont we have a thread for this already?), and whatever else you guys can talk about past the first 5 posts. i wanted to collect some data and once again, work w/ the other directors on coming up w/ a viable solution for the 3rd gens (who is the main issue right now). i need to know how its going to impact them w/ info about how many cars will be in CMC w/ them. if there is alot, the timeline is not as short. but i need to know how urgent it is. and i dont have time to wade thru 10 pages of BS to get the info i asked for. info i need to help the series, not myself. my move to CMC-2 is easy, change the plate and go. my concern lies w/ someone other than myself.
and yet here i am taking a verbal lashing for it.
i was told this was a thankless job, i knew it coming in, but its always nice to be reminded.

Hood
08-06-2009, 12:24 PM
Glen, it's not that we don't appreciate what you do for the series. It is often misunderstood about the way you go about getting the information you need to do your job. I can understand that a firm ruling is needed from time to time but when disseminating information to the body of racers that trust you to do the right thing, you might consider that they too might be having a bad day or have had a bad weekend (Matt, Rob, Frank) and just require a bit more sensitivity from the leaders.
To quote Rodney...
"Can't we all just get along?"

Steps off soap box...

Everybody else needs to ease up a bit on Glen as well. It is truly a thankless job and is one that I personally would not want... at least any time soon. (notice I said 'ease up'... not 'brake hard' :wink: )

mitchntx
08-06-2009, 12:25 PM
coming up w/ a viable solution for the 3rd gens (who is the main issue right now). i need to know how its going to impact them w/ info about how many cars will be in CMC w/ them. if there is alot, the timeline is not as short. but i need to know how urgent it is.

And those 50 words would have gone a long way to meeting your goals.

In a perfect world, everyone would have gotten in a straighten, marched altogether and would have given 1 word responses to make it convenient.

Unfortunately, the world and all of us aren't perfect and aren't mind readers.

What we are tired of is surprises.

Sorry for the skepticism, but fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice ...

Rsmith350
08-06-2009, 12:29 PM
Ross begging JB to stay

Screw you pal <----delete that! I simply said I hope he didn't leave. He has been instrumental in helping me with my car and other race related issues. So excuse the F*** out of me for expressing some gratitude.

cjlmlml
08-06-2009, 12:44 PM

because i didnt want to wade thru 10 pages of JB's shit for sale, and Ross begging JB to stay, and Rob and God knows who else wondering what the spec tire is gonna be (dont we have a thread for this already?), and to be reminded.

Glenn, you need to chill, and stop deleting crap.

Dont look at this forum for a few days, it may be healing for you

(PS, I deleted the JB for sale post)

Need to get back to work.............

jeffburch
08-06-2009, 12:47 PM

Rob Liebbe
08-06-2009, 12:50 PM

This brings up a point about permission levels on the forum. I personally DO NOT feel that anybody other than myself should be able to edit my posts. I also feel that only posts that are grossly offensive or completely inappropriate be deleted. None of the posts that were edited or deleted should have been touched in this instance. Glenn, you had the option to ask for clarification about posts on your thread, you could have asked that off topic discussion be taken somewhere else, you could have clarified your post if it seems like the responses were off topic.

Glenn, your actions in deleting and editing were improper and I ask that you not do that again or I will have a discussion with the other moderators about it.

David Love AI27
08-06-2009, 12:50 PM
Glenn, you need to chill, and stop deleting crap.

Dont look at this forum for a few days, it may be healing for you

Whooooooooo aaaarrrre you... who who who who... who the f@ck are you???

GlennCMC70
08-06-2009, 12:53 PM
Ross begging JB to stay

Screw you pal <----delete that! I simply said I hope he didn't leave. He has been instrumental in helping me with my car and other race related issues. So excuse the F*** out of me for expressing some gratitude.

not sure why that was taken as a derogatory comment. i just didnt want a bunch of folks going off on a tangent. your post was the only open door they need. as i said, i deleted one positive comment - yours. i was trying to not be biased towards only deleting the negative stuff, but rather ALL off topic stuff.

Rsmith350
08-06-2009, 01:13 PM
Ross begging JB to stay

not sure why that was taken as a derogatory comment. i just didnt want a bunch of folks going off on a tangent. your post was the only open door they need. as i said, i deleted one positive comment - yours. i was trying to not be biased towards only deleting the negative stuff, but rather ALL off topic stuff.

Granted

GlennCMC70
08-06-2009, 01:14 PM
:?

David Love AI27
08-06-2009, 01:21 PM
Have we beat it to death yet... or do we need to wait for others to get home from work???

AI#97
08-06-2009, 01:25 PM
Have we beat it to death yet... or do we need to wait for others to get home from work???

I still have some popcorn left...give it some time!

Todd Covini
08-06-2009, 01:31 PM
I have a cat.

Adam Ginsberg
08-06-2009, 01:32 PM
I have a cat.

If your cat doesn't tow the line, Glenn will send a hitman over.

MikeP99Z
08-06-2009, 01:36 PM
According to Varner's avatar, the cat is well armed.

Waco Racer
08-06-2009, 01:40 PM
I'm just glad that it's not me, for now. Thanks Glenn!

Rsmith350
08-06-2009, 01:44 PM
I vote we delete this thread (Glenn can handle that) then all of us can get back to being excited about all the awesome racing that went down this weekend and look forward to ECR :) Anybody disagree?

Adam Ginsberg
08-06-2009, 01:45 PM
Negative - pushing Glenn's buttons is much more fun.

Chuck
08-06-2009, 02:18 PM
I have a cat.

What, no picture of the cat? You are slipping Todd.

Chuck<---Missed the whole 'for sale' ad...
CMC#14

AllZWay
08-06-2009, 02:20 PM
I have a cat.
Chuck<---Missed the whole 'for sale' ad...
CMC#14

Not really.... A lot to do about absolutely nothing. :lol: Typical for this bunch though. :P