PDA

View Full Version : New Points sheet trail run. NOT Official 2009 Points!!!!!!

GlennCMC70
08-08-2009, 06:40 PM
here is a new points sheet that i've been able to get some help w/ over the last week or so.
this sheet will automatically determin which of your finish results are your "low score" or "drops" and drop them and display them in the drop column. the only input that is required durring the season is to change 1 numbers on the 3rd tab. you must tell it how many races we have run for the season. the sheet is setup to change the number of drops based on the number of races.

play w/ it and telme what you think. this is very timely since our last event is coming soon. to see what you need to do to move up or to not drop in the season points durring ECR is to go to the 3rd tab and change the 19 in the Numbe of Races cell (one cell for each of the 4 classes) then go back to the 1st tab and input various race results of your choosing for yourself and whoever. the non-drop season points column will be in greatest to smallest sort and the drop column will not affect the orderin which the names are displayed.

feedback please.

see attachment in my next post. fixed some issues.

GlennCMC70
08-09-2009, 09:07 AM
anyone play w/ it?

michaelmosty
08-09-2009, 09:35 AM
It looks like it is working great!!
The only thing I noticed was that the "pole points" don't seem to be calculating. The new form had JW's points off by 6, mine by 1, etc.

jeffburch
08-09-2009, 09:40 AM
Sounds neato.
ECR was definitely a PITA last year.
Y'all saw me with the laptop.
I was sweating it.
Prolly not needed this year. :roll:
Will look @ later.
In the garage.
Jb

GlennCMC70
08-11-2009, 08:14 PM
ok. fixed the issue w/ it not totaling point w/ drops for other class's and fixed an issue that MM found w/ it not adding in pole award points.

i'll remove the old one and put the new one here.
please play w/ it and look for problems.
for now, use at your own risk! i have a few more things i want to add and i'm working w/ some really smart Excel guys to do it.
i want average finish for each driver (average place, not average score) and platform.