PDA

View Full Version : New York City!?!?!?! need some insite please.

GlennCMC70
09-02-2009, 11:45 AM
i'll be flying into Laguardia Airport (NYC) and driving up to Middletown, NY. any words of wisdom for getting out of NYC alive?
i'll be arriving there a little after 1pm local.

Chuck
09-02-2009, 12:06 PM
i'll be flying into Laguardia Airport (NYC) and driving up to Middletown, NY. any words of wisdom for getting out of NYC alive?
i'll be arriving there a little after 1pm local.

I was there in March. Laguardia is not bad to rent a car and get out of. It is on a major road. Traffic should be flowing at 1:00, and you are going away from NYC. Best tip is to mapquest where you are going and follow the directions. With New York drivers, it is hard to read signs and dirctions with bastards cutting you off from 5 lanes away.

Unless you have a ton of time to kill, going into the center of NYC do not try it. The traffic on the bridges in/out of NYC is measured in hours.

Chuck
CMC#14

PS: Good luck Glen!

ShadowBolt
09-02-2009, 02:54 PM
I though you spelled it wrong (you did) and were looking for Enzyte. Too late.

http://consumerist.com/5043005/whos-smiling-now-enzyte-scammer-gets-25-years-in-prison

JJ

Al Fernandez
09-02-2009, 03:05 PM
Stay away from Mexican food. Italian and Chinese are your best bets.

ShadowBolt
09-02-2009, 03:08 PM

Never eat Mexican food North of Dallas, or for sure North of the Red River.

JJ

gt40
09-02-2009, 03:34 PM

JJAnd never eat BBQ North of the Mason Dixon Line. (And certainly not in Connecticut!)

GlennCMC70
09-02-2009, 03:34 PM

JJ

yep, did that once in South Carolina.

AI#97
09-02-2009, 04:30 PM
I though you spelled it wrong (you did) and were looking for Enzyte. Too late.

http://consumerist.com/5043005/whos-smiling-now-enzyte-scammer-gets-25-years-in-prison

JJ

Yeah, some guys from the Postal Inspection Service told me about that a while back. Apparently someone in the USPS wasn't amuzed it didn't work...now they send it Fedex or UPS! LOL!!!!!

Funny thing is, dumbasses at USPS killed their revenue by ending USPS shipments....classic.

Adam Ginsberg
09-02-2009, 05:57 PM
Be sure to visit the Bronx.

If you have time, visit Battery Park, the Statue of Liberty, Rockefeller Center, and Times Square. IMO, well worth the time. Try the street vendors - pretzels, roasted almonds/nuts, best damn hot dogs in the US, falafal. Search for the good deli's - Stage Deli (open nearly 24hrs a day), Katz's Deli. Oooo...go to Serendipity3 and try their frozen hot chocolate....had dinner there one night when Seth and I were to film a commercial. Yeah, I love good food.

Parking in the city is f'n ridiculous - damn expensive shit.

Todd Covini
09-02-2009, 08:49 PM
Security at La Guardia is probably the most serious in the country. Be very mindful of your packing and be ready for a strip search. No joking around either. Last time I went thru there they had AK-47s.

-=- Todd

PS - Everyone talks like Adam there. You'll love it!

AI#97
09-03-2009, 12:01 AM
Security at La Guardia is probably the most serious in the country. Be very mindful of your packing and be ready for a strip search. No joking around either. Last time I went thru there they had AK-47s.

-=- Todd

PS - Everyone talks like Adam there. You'll love it!

Todd, if they had AK's, I am guess it was VERY low security. Our security forces carry MP5's and M4 AR-15's.... If they had AK's, they were terrorists....

Rob Liebbe
09-03-2009, 08:01 AM
[ Our security forces carry MP5's and M4 AR-15's.... If they had AK's, they were terrorists....

With our current administration its kinda hard to tell the difference between foreign terrorists and our government.

ShadowBolt
09-03-2009, 09:47 AM
[ Our security forces carry MP5's and M4 AR-15's.... If they had AK's, they were terrorists....

With our current administration its kinda hard to tell the difference between foreign terrorists and our government.

True dat.

JJ

AI#97
09-03-2009, 05:25 PM

So did they look like the top or bottom unit? (Yes, I realize the bottom is not an AK but close enough! ;) )

Glenn, make sure you're packing heat up there....those are some crazy a-holes running around in that place!

ShadowBolt
09-03-2009, 05:55 PM
How bout we all think positive thoughts (or say a prayer) for Glenn. He is in NY and he needs this job.

Good luck Glenn! We are pulling for you.

JJ

David Love AI27
09-03-2009, 07:36 PM
How bout we all think positive thoughts (or say a prayer) for Glenn. He is in NY and he needs this job.

JJ

Ditto

GlennCMC70
09-03-2009, 07:37 PM
Thanks guys. i'm hoping for the best. if this falls thru, i'm finally putting my hat in the ring for a trip to Afganistan for a year or so.

as for New York....... i'm not impressed....... yet.

AllZWay
09-03-2009, 08:50 PM

JJ

Definitely good luck.

AI#97
09-03-2009, 11:39 PM
Thanks guys. i'm hoping for the best. if this falls thru, i'm finally putting my hat in the ring for a trip to Afganistan for a year or so.

as for New York....... i'm not impressed....... yet.

Glenn, I've traveled up there a lot and always just kept it simple. Get in, get out and stay focused on the job at hand. When you start to stray or try to "take in the sites"....that's when crap happens.

Honestly, the city isn't bad and if you can, get a car service or cab, or atleast get the GPS unit when you rent. The roads will get you turned around in about 3 seconds and all kinds of crap is underconstruction...the 9 years per mile plan. I always took a cab from Laguardia into the city, then a towncar service back. worked great....just need lots of cash on you to cover it.

Good luck!