PDA

View Full Version : Borrow Some 4th Gen Rear Springs for ECR?

Fbody383
09-17-2009, 09:20 PM
Taking Mr. Da Man's advice on making changes and trying to get the car better...

Do any of you 4th gen guys have some stock length rear pigtail springs in the 275-350lb range I could borrow/rent/try/lease-to-own at ECR?

Or, if you think that's going completely the wrong way PM me and I'll tell you where I am setup wise and what i'm working on.

Must... try... to be.... faster.

NOTE: All driver skill, or perceived lack thereof, related comments can be sent as well.

mitchntx
09-17-2009, 09:35 PM
The heaviest I have are 275s.

They are 11" free height. That is significantly lower than stock.

They are in my trailer and you are free to try them out.

rpoz27
09-17-2009, 10:12 PM
Maybe. I'll have to check the garage.

GlennCMC70
09-17-2009, 10:14 PM
Taking Mr. Da Man's advice on making changes and trying to get the car better...

Do any of you 4th gen guys have some stock length rear pigtail springs in the 275-350lb range I could borrow/rent/try/lease-to-own at ECR?

Or, if you think that's going completely the wrong way PM me and I'll tell you where I am setup wise and what i'm working on.

NOTE: All driver skill, or perceived lack thereof, related comments can be sent as well.

i think your going the wrong way. isnt your car too loose?
tell us the issue and what your set-up is (front and rear).
i run 700-250. ran 700-225 for Hallett.

David Love AI27
09-17-2009, 10:32 PM

I'll bring a host of springs... you can borrow what I'm not using..

Fbody383
09-18-2009, 12:50 PM
Appreciate all the help guys/gals, direct and PM.

Good memory; Houston/Cresson was horrible (which is not really a strong enough word) oversteer that I now think was partly/mostly a diff issue. Cresson was masked some by the wet conditions as car was quicker relative to the field the wetter it was.

New diff and rear gear installed prior to Hallett. Car understeered at Hallett but was again quicker relative to the field in the wet, and understeering at TWS. Car sat on 750/175 at both.

Car now sits un-driven on 700/225 though I'm going to try to get it out the week before ECR. My thinking is to get the course tuning done and then work on the swaybars and shocks. Shocks currently "1/2ish" firm in the front and full firm in the rear.

I don't mind the oversteer nearly as much as Jerry and Steve. :shock:

GlennCMC70
09-18-2009, 01:18 PM
sway bar size?
camber? caster?

Fbody383
09-18-2009, 03:47 PM
sway bar size?
Don't know; whatever came on the automatic car

camber? caster?
Will have to check the alignment sheet but -2.5 camber / +4.5ish (i think) caster

ShadowBolt
09-18-2009, 04:07 PM
I don't mind the oversteer nearly as much as Jerry and Steve. :shock:

WHAT?

I don't mind oversteer but I hate understeer. What you talkin bout Willis?

JJ

GlennCMC70
09-18-2009, 04:08 PM
the push is due to too much camber and too small sway bar in the rear.
drop camber to 2-2.1 and put a 21mm rear bar on. if you keep the 19mm, go to a 250 rear spring.

AllZWay
09-18-2009, 04:12 PM
the push is due to too much camber and too small sway bar in the rear.
drop camber to 2-2.1 and put a 21mm rear bar on. if you keep the 19mm, go to a 250 rear spring.

Da Man has spoken and is giving really good 4th gen fbody info here.
:lol:

Fbody383
09-19-2009, 09:19 PM
What you talkin bout Willis?
JJ

You know, lookin at the Team Jordan car through either of the side windows. You guys have seen more of the sides of my car than anybody but Gary.

Listen up son and I'll tell you how it's done

Glenn, thanks for the notes. I can still count the number of sessions I have in this car and maybe, just maybe, it's getting better.