PDA

View Full Version : NASA Tech

Mike Bell
06-03-2006, 09:55 AM
I was one of the drivers caught without NOMEX socks last event, fined $50. Expensive socks, or lack of them.

Now I read over on the Spec7 website at the same event all but one of their drivers were caught without NOMEX socks and were given a warning instead of a fine.

Something else from the race. After we had to go to impound and everyone, but Mark, got a warning about not having nomex socks on. Yes we are required to have them on but didnt. Tech. said they will be checking for safety equipment and the cars for violations. We told them that we only care about race enhancements rules and not door panels,wiper bottles, ect.. So just be warned.

I have that "happy to be here" feeling all over again. :evil:

marshall_mosty
06-03-2006, 10:32 AM
Mike,
I wish I would have known that you didn't have socks... I though I lost mine after the March event, so I bought a new pair, only to find my old set in my shoes... ohh well.

Regarding your situation, I would be calling Shannon and basically saying "WTF???" 50 bones is still 50 bones.

Mike Bell
06-03-2006, 10:36 AM
I found my pair in my kit right after I got the penalty, but thanks for the offer to help.

I got no beef with getting fined, I was not compliant and accepted the penalty but to hear that others were found without them at the same event and NOT fined just doesn't sit too well with me.

Life goes on.

chicane23
06-03-2006, 06:45 PM
Someone must have needed beer money, that is all I can say and not get into trouble!

Adam Ginsberg
06-03-2006, 09:37 PM
Those that were fined at the MSR-H event for failure to wear Nomex socks, please contact me offline to discuss.

mitchntx
06-03-2006, 09:49 PM
Off line?

The appearance of impropriety is just as bad as the real thing.

Be public or contact HIM off-line so it's secret squirrel stuff.

Funny how "it is what it is" ... most of the time

:lol:

Mike Bell
06-04-2006, 03:48 PM
Those that were fined at the MSR-H event for failure to wear Nomex socks, please contact me offline to discuss.

Email sent.

GlennCMC70
06-04-2006, 04:19 PM
i wonder how long i should keep my thoughts in a word doc before i post them over here?

AI#97
06-04-2006, 09:30 PM
i wonder how long i should keep my thoughts in a word doc before i post them over here?

Don't waste your time.....spend some time with the family instead! :wink:

Mike Bell
06-05-2006, 06:57 AM
Guys,

Let's give AG some latitude and time to work with NASA TX on this topic. It quite possibly could have been a miscommunication or something simple rather than an evil plot to lighten a few wallets. ;)

I appreciate Adam's willingness to got to bat for us with NASATX on this issue and I'd hate to mess up an opportunity to get our fifty bucks back!

mitchntx
06-05-2006, 07:13 AM
Give AG latitude? Ha!

It's all in fun, Mike.I take a lot of good natured ribbing about owning a GM. It's all in good fun.

Todd and Adam do an admirable job and have our best interest at heart ... most of the time. :P

GlennCMC70
06-05-2006, 11:31 AM
i dont think Todd or Adam are @ fault here. i do think NASA is. if you fine one person, you fine them all.

AI#97
06-05-2006, 11:53 AM
i dont think Todd or Adam are @ fault here. i do think NASA is. if you fine one person, you fine them all.

Well, they already did that once after the R4 incident and "probation for EVERYONE" after the first cressen event.... :wink:

Sounds like you want to eat the cake too?! :P

gt40
06-05-2006, 12:40 PM

Well, they already did that once after the R4 incident and "probation for EVERYONE" after the first cressen event.... :wink:

Sounds like you want to eat the cake too?! :PSounds like it. You fine one person -- you fine everyone.

chicane23
06-05-2006, 12:54 PM
The problem I see is that not everyone was checked!

gt40
06-05-2006, 02:27 PM
The problem I see is that not everyone was checked!I don't have aproblem with that, provided its a truely *random* check. If it's not, it stinks.

Mike Bell
06-05-2006, 02:35 PM
Guys,

I'm gonna ask again, nicely, can we please drop this until AG has resolved any mixup with NASATX. You know me, if it was just my $50 on the line, I'd say "Fire Away!" but there were others who were fined and I'd hate for a thread I started to jeapordize their chances of getting a refund. 8)

I'm already wearing enough albatrosses for one neck...... :shock:

AI#97
06-05-2006, 02:48 PM
The problem I see is that not everyone was checked!

Probably because we didn't go to the scales after qualifying!!! :wink: Great way to save $50! :P

chicane23
06-05-2006, 04:07 PM
Actually, you are probably correct and for that I was wrong in my statement.

Sorry AG!

David Love AI27
06-07-2006, 08:45 PM
Guys,

I'm gonna ask again, nicely, can we please drop this until AG has resolved any mixup with NASATX. You know me, if it was just my $50 on the line, I'd say "Fire Away!" but there were others who were fined and I'd hate for a thread I started to jeapordize their chances of getting a refund. 8)

I'm already wearing enough albatrosses for one neck...... :shock:

I too was fined, I was working on the car just befor gridding and forgot (had 3 pair in the camper). Random checks are good IMO, but I believe if you show that it is an honest mistake and that you came prepared with all safety equipment, a stern warning for a first offense would be adequate. HOWEVER, according to the rules, I was WRONG and like Mike I paid my fine and muttered something like "there goes my beer money, hope JB brought some extra" as I walked away...

OK, so I lied a little... Amber paid my fine and I never had any beer money...

It is so cool to have a kid old enough to pay you fines, post you bail, testify in court... opps TMI