PDA

View Full Version : New Track: New Orleans

RichardP
09-23-2009, 01:59 PM
Hopefully this one happens. The Saturday night parties could be fun...

http://nolamotor.com/

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/12/2009/09/500x_NOLA_Motorsports.jpg

NOLA Motorsports Park is bringing one of the longest road courses in America to the New Orleans metro area. Measuring 5 miles in its longest configuration, the track is scheduled to open next fall.

Three courses are planned for the facility, measuring 2.4, 1.3 and 1.3 miles in length respectively. Several different configurations will be possible, while all together they combine to create a 5-mile mega track.

The track's designer, Alan Wilson, is also responsible for GingerMan Raceway in Michigan, Carolina Motor Sports Park, Barber Motorsports Park, Mid-America Motorplex, Arizona Motorsports Park, Motorsports Park Hastings, BeaveRun Motorsports Park, Autobahn Country Club, Calobogie Motorsports Park in Canada and Miler Motorsports Park near Salt Lake City. As you can see from the map above, NOLA Motorsports looks like a challenging track with many different kinds of corners.

NOLA Motorsports will be a club-type facility with activities including club driving, track days, high performance driving schools, club racing, and Kart activities planned.

gt40
09-23-2009, 02:09 PM
Given how many have failed around here, I'm not holding my breath (yes, I'm still pissed over Gunterring's failure.)

Any idea where this will actually be located?

jeffburch
09-23-2009, 02:27 PM
What happened to the one in Terrell?
Didn't TDE go in on that one?
Notice they didn't mention ECR in Wilsons resume?

Jb

ShadowBolt
09-23-2009, 02:36 PM
What happened to the one in Terrell?
Didn't TDE go in on that one?
Notice they didn't mention ECR in Wilsons resume?

Jb

Rick was pushing it. I assumed it died since I have not heard anything about it in two years.

JJ

Waco Racer
09-23-2009, 02:43 PM
There was a big introductory ceremony this summer. Our controller Tom attended the event. Ask him about it at ECR.

AllZWay
09-23-2009, 02:49 PM
Given how many have failed around here, I'm not holding my breath (yes, I'm still pissed over Gunterring's failure.)

Any idea where this will actually be located?

Same here....and still waiting on the Terrell one.

AI#97
09-23-2009, 03:18 PM
Nothing, not even a "Miller quality" track could get me to ever return to within 150 miles of New Orleans. That place is a shit hole I refuse to ever go near.

Having spent the last two days in Southeast Dallas just reaffirms my distaste for the entire state of Louisiana.

I don't know how much Larry Miller spent on MMP...rumors were 100 million, but I don't see anything like that happening in the ruins of NOLA...