PDA

View Full Version : Big Word of THANKS!

CMC17
06-05-2006, 07:46 AM
1. Adam - for letting me use one of his wheels after I cracked one of mine during qualifying. <salute>

2. Meeting up with Daron to discuss CMC events and Hallett. Hope to see you and Adam at Hallett. Should be a lot of fun!

3. Chris Marvel and Richard P. OMG!!!! I was out at TWS to drop off the borrowed wheel to Daron and I was offered a ride in AI91. Of course I happened to have my helmet with me (it's like American Express). Once strapped in we were set to take on TWS CC. I've only done clockwise once during a parade lap and knew I was in for a treat!! All I can say is I was in awe!!! I marveled (pun intended) at the driving style and smoothness emanating from the driver's side of the cockpit. Taking T7 at 5300rpms, which is somewhere over the 120mph mark was better than any Disney ride ever built!! I was stoked and waved to all of the cars we were passing in rapid succession. I can't imagine anything faster out there. The car was glued to the pavement and one day I want to drive like Chris and Richard. Thanks guys for the fun on Sunday!!!

mitchntx
06-05-2006, 08:12 AM
TWS 2.9 CW is a totally different track.

T7 is a very important turn and T6 becomes sack grabber.

The T2 and T1 "complex" is pretty damn cool, too. Looking at the end of pit road wall can be kinda un-nerving, especially with a loose race car.

The 1.8 is just as cool. It reminds me of those AX days ...

Glenn and I drove by your house Saturday ... your house is on I45, right?

:D

CMC17
06-05-2006, 08:22 AM
TWS is definitely a different animal going CW. I'm not sure if I would be willing to race it that way though. Looks like there are more things to hit, more often in the CW direction. :shock:

But, I would be game since it would add another dimension to the racing. I would like to see some of the other tracks run the opposite way to give us more "tracks" and options.

My neck is still sore from holding it up from all the g's!! lol

Yes, if you were on I-45, at one point you were within 5 miles of de casa. :D

mitchntx
06-05-2006, 08:26 AM
Do you have "mixed feelings" about being in that right seat?

I can do it without too much anxiety as long as I know the person driving and/or car.

But just jumping into a stranger's car gives me the "willies" sometimes.

CMC17
06-05-2006, 08:38 AM
Do you have "mixed feelings" about being in that right seat?

I can do it without too much anxiety as long as I know the person driving and/or car.

But just jumping into a stranger's car gives me the "willies" sometimes.

TBH, I was very comfortable and was never in any doubt the entire time sitting there as a passenger. The way Chris was driving is art in motion and words cannot do it justice to describe the smoothness and confidence he has behind the wheel.

The right seat isn't my favorite place, especially with a green student. lol

AllZWay
06-05-2006, 10:09 AM
[quote=mitchntx]
The right seat isn't my favorite place, especially with a green student. lol

No kidding... I learned pretty fast that I probably couldn't cut it as an instructor at the LG day a couple years ago, when I filled in as an instructor at TWS. :shock:

We were running the 1.8...which was a good thing with this crop of complete rookies.

oz98cobra
06-05-2006, 03:52 PM
Eric, at least your neck is only hurting from corner G's, and not from being slammed into a tire wall! :cry:

It's ironic seeing all the talk about TWS dangers and instructing in this post as not long after you left, my green student had a major brain fart and smacked the wall at Turn 4 with me aboard.

I'll post the story in another thread.

CMC17
06-05-2006, 03:59 PM
Eric, at least your neck is only hurting from corner G's, and not from being slammed into a tire wall! :cry:

It's ironic seeing all the talk about TWS dangers and instructing in this post as not long after you left, my green student had a major brain fart and smacked the wall at Turn 4 with me aboard.

I'll post the story in another thread.

Dang! Hope you and the driver are ok! As I rode around (thrilled) with Chris, I was able to look around and see where the "problem" areas would be in a braid fade or mechanical problem type condition. T4 was one of the places that there is very little room for error. :(

cmarvel
06-06-2006, 01:12 PM
<blush> </blush>

You are too kind Eric!

It was fun to share the experience. It is difficult to appreciate what Richard has accomplished with the handling of that car unless you are inside it. That is the source of most of the confidence and smoothness.

macstang
06-06-2006, 11:11 PM
I was also lucky enough to get a ride CW at TWS with Chris in the AI91. Ever since then, I have been driving and racing in Texas.