PDA

View Full Version : OK Happy Kampers ... Hallett Food List inside

mitchntx
06-05-2006, 08:14 AM
Are we gonna have a GTG for grilling on Saturday night? What about Friday night?

I'm planning on burgers and brats ...

The grill is available for anyone to use. I'm stationed in stalag 17/18 ...

===================
Stolen from matt's post ....

Mitch ... brats and grill

Glenn ... Fajita meat

Daron ... Burgers

Matt....Chips and buns for brats

Boudy ... Margaritas, choizo, eggs

Lewis ... Shiner, Tortillas

Jerry ... Octane boost salsa

=====================
Needed ...

Flour tortillas
Salsa
shredded cheese
chips (burgers/brats and salsa)
Burger buns

Mike Bell
06-05-2006, 12:18 PM
Mitch,

I think I'm doing the "hotel" deal this trip. Sorry I'll miss the festivities!

donovan
06-05-2006, 12:25 PM
We are planning on camping at the track as Hallett is one of the best camping tracks!

David D.

oz98cobra
06-05-2006, 02:32 PM
Leah wasn't originally going to be able to make Hallett, so I planned to camp - but now she is coming, and we are still going to camp anyway.

We usually stay at Sand Springs, but that 25 minutes drive at 7:00am gets old fast, and the closer hotels aren't as comfy as a tent and air bed, so we'll give camping a go this year.

AI#97
06-05-2006, 02:44 PM
Will be in the "casa de trailor" so yes, brats, and TX beer will be on the menu....to heck with that low alcohol content OK beer!!!! :wink:

What else do we need to bring this time?

Mitch, brats and grill

Daron....

Matt....Chips and buns for brats

Others....

jeffburch
06-05-2006, 03:19 PM
Will be in the "casa de trailor" so yes,

I hope you got an El Muffler for El Generator! :roll: 8) :lol:

jb

AI#97
06-05-2006, 03:45 PM

jb

Actually have a 150' extension cord to keep it away from everything. I think it was reverbing off the pit wall and back to you guys...I was wondering why it shut off early and still had gas in it. was fearing it ran low on oil and shut off but given it's brand new....?

I am also working on an extension cord to power from the land service if available at hallet to run the A/C only. If that's there, then the generator won't be needed....at night!

jeffburch
06-05-2006, 03:50 PM

jb

Actually have a 150' extension cord to keep it away from everything. I think it was reverbing off the pit wall and back to you guys...I was wondering why it shut off early and still had gas in it. was fearing it ran low on oil and shut off but given it's brand new....?

I am also working on an extension cord to power from the land service if available at hallet to run the A/C only. If that's there, then the generator won't be needed....at night!

Oh......sorry. I thought you had seen the chock had been turned on.
I was sleep walking and, and I stumbled, and and my knee must have bumped it. Yeah, that's what happened. 8)

jb

Boudy
06-06-2006, 01:12 PM
Hey guys. I'm in San Antonio for a couple days on my way to Padre' for the weekend. (Just thought I'd rub in vacation a bit :lol: )

I've got a 7.5Kw generatior (w/muffler), 2 flavor margarita machine, PA system, large grill, 2 place stove, many single burners, and pots on pots. Just tell me how cozy you want to be, I travel heavy.

Boudy

jeffburch
06-06-2006, 01:29 PM
Hey guys. I'm in San Antonio for a couple days on my way to Padre' for the weekend. (Just thought I'd rub in vacation a bit :lol: )

Say hello to everyone in SA for me.
I just signed for my NBA Finals credential. 8)

Go MAVS!

jb

oz98cobra
06-06-2006, 06:26 PM
What's needed? Burgers?

macstang
06-06-2006, 11:05 PM
Yall want some of that homemade salsa again?

Lewis Tanner
06-06-2006, 11:32 PM
I'll bring a case of Shiner and a stack of tortillas.

AllZWay
06-07-2006, 07:59 AM
Say hello to everyone in SA for me.
I just signed for my NBA Finals credential. 8)

Go MAVS!

jb

Rub it in..... :evil:

Boudy
06-07-2006, 10:54 AM
Lewis: If you've got the tortillas, I can bring chorizo and egg for breakfast tacos on Sat & Sun mornings. Beats track food.

Boudy

GlennCMC70
06-07-2006, 11:04 AM
Lewis: If you've got the tortillas, I can bring chorizo and egg for breakfast tacos on Sat & Sun mornings. Beats track food.

Boudy

bring a skillet son, that stuff dont sit well on a grill! :wink:

i hope you have better luck finding some quality stuff than i have had. its hard to find good quality chorizo here in the Big D. after living here for 9 years, nothing yet compairs to the mom-in-laws back in Arizona.

Boudy
06-07-2006, 11:28 AM
Don't worry brutha, I'm in South Padre this weekend and good chorizo is not hard to find in this neck of the woods. As for cooking utensils, I travel heavy for eating well at the track. It's tough keeping my pumkin figure.

Boudy

GlennCMC70
06-07-2006, 02:18 PM
yep, it takes alot of calories to maintain my figure. :wink:

mitchntx
06-11-2006, 09:01 PM
Now you guys realize Glenn isn't buying fajita meat for all the racers, right?

I see 1/2 dozen folks bringing food. Is that all that's gonna grill and eat?

Or do we just need to segregate and wave politely at each other from our respective patios?

AI#97
06-11-2006, 09:22 PM
Now you guys realize Glenn isn't buying fajita meat for all the racers, right?

I see 1/2 dozen folks bringing food. Is that all that's gonna grill and eat?

Or do we just need to segregate and wave politely at each other from our respective patios?

Mitch, I regretfully have to bail on you as I will not be at hallet....motor will not be done and I don't think I will be competitive pulling a fred flintstone!!!

I will make up for it at TWS though!

mitchntx
06-11-2006, 10:16 PM
Completely understand, Matt. You concentrate on that motor and hope it all comes together for TWS.

It's beginning to look like Hallett will be my last race.

Too many things going on to list, but my plant has a fall outage this year. That's the primary reason.

Adam Ginsberg
06-11-2006, 11:37 PM
Count me in for brats and burgers.

GlennCMC70
06-11-2006, 11:42 PM
Adam and Lewis, i have you guys covered for fajitas. paybacks for last year w/ the steaks.

Boudy
06-12-2006, 12:35 AM
I'm preparing breakfast on Sat. & Sun. @ 7:00 AM. The entire group is welcome. It'll be chorizo & egg and potato & egg tacos.

Also, put me down for anything needed on Sat. night.

Mitch: Hope things get better. :wink:

Boudy

Adam Ginsberg
06-12-2006, 06:08 AM
Adam and Lewis, i have you guys covered for fajitas. paybacks for last year w/ the steaks.

Most gracious, Glenn. What else do we need, then? Whatever it is, we'll chip in.