PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Prep

jeremiahkellam
10-11-2009, 08:35 PM
Alright, so I've got some plans to make the #18 CMC2 SN95 ecen better. First off is a diet. That's right! We are shooting for 40lbs. I see 30 lb no problem, the last 10 will be a challenge.

One question I have for those with PBR calipers. I get a lot of brake drag on the front. So much that It is pretty hard to turn the rotors with the wheels off. Any ideas??

GlennCMC70
10-11-2009, 09:09 PM
when the wheels are off, make sure you put the lugnuts back on to ensure the rotor is not "cocked" on the hub. 4th gens are like this and it makes a difference when checking for "free wheel" of the rotor.
i normally put them on flat side in and hand tight only.

if you have a set-up that has guide pins that need to be lubed, make sure the lube is in good shape. i had to step up to some crazy synthetic stuff. its got a 3K temp rating.
Permatex number 24125
http://www.google.com/products?hl=en&rlz=1T4AMSA_enUS307US307&q=permatex+caliper+lube+24125&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=U4_SSpflA4eiMeG2peoJ&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4&ved=0CCIQrQQwAw

Al Fernandez
10-12-2009, 08:10 AM
Get yourself a different front sway bar :wink:

AI#97
10-12-2009, 09:18 AM
Alright, so I've got some plans to make the #18 CMC2 SN95 ecen better. First off is a diet. That's right! We are shooting for 40lbs. I see 30 lb no problem, the last 10 will be a challenge.

One question I have for those with PBR calipers. I get a lot of brake drag on the front. So much that It is pretty hard to turn the rotors with the wheels off. Any ideas??

Sounds like the calipers need to have better piston seals in them. The OEM crap is very "grabby"...look for a silicone based or o-ring type rebuild kit that is "slippery when wet" with brake fluid. Or just get some rebuilt calipers! ;)

As for the rest...you are fast enough...don't sweat it! ;)

jeremiahkellam
10-12-2009, 09:28 AM

Nah... I'm working on building some adjustable endlinks

michaelmosty
10-12-2009, 09:32 AM

If you need help with those end links Mr. "drill press" will make sure they turn out right. :lol:

AllZWay
10-12-2009, 09:44 AM

If you need help with those end links Mr. "drill press" will make sure they turn out right. :lol:
BTW.. Remind me to never loan my drill or bits to Jeremy again. :lol:

AI#97
10-12-2009, 10:01 AM

BTW.. Remind me to never loan my drill or bits to Jeremy again. :lol:

and don't let him put nuts and bolts together....his original name was "Mr. Crossthread".

jeremiahkellam
10-12-2009, 10:28 AM
Sorry JG, I never intended this thread to bash you... :wink:

Whatever keeps me flying under ther radar...

cobra132
10-12-2009, 11:16 AM
"Jeremy the drill"
"Mr. drill press"
"The perforator"
"Highspeed"
"Hole"

David Love AI27
10-12-2009, 11:28 AM
"Jeremy the drill"
"Mr. drill press"
"The perforator"
"Highspeed"
"Hole"

"Highspeed".... EVERY person who walked up there... the first words out of their mouths was: "HEY!! SLOWDOWN!!" my side was already hurtin' when Dr. Frank walked up and said the same... it took alot of effort not to spew beer out my nose... especially with the "snort" in the background...\

GOOD TIMES!!

AI#97
10-12-2009, 11:51 AM
"Jeremy the drill"
"Mr. drill press"
"The perforator"
"Highspeed"
"Hole"

"Highspeed".... EVERY person who walked up there... the first words out of their mouths was: "HEY!! SLOWDOWN!!" my side was already hurtin' when Dr. Frank walked up and said the same... it took alot of effort not to spew beer out my nose... especially with the "snort" in the background...\

GOOD TIMES!!

If it's easier for everyone NOT to try and remember 30 different goofy nicknames for him, I just call him "dumbass" which pretty well covers ALL the other nicknames with plenty of color for fun.

rpoz27
10-12-2009, 12:11 PM
"Jeremy the drill"
"Mr. drill press"
"The perforator"
"Highspeed"
"Hole"

GOOD TIMES!!

I thought I was going to cry at that point. :lol:

jeremiahkellam
10-12-2009, 04:00 PM
when the wheels are off, make sure you put the lugnuts back on to ensure the rotor is not "cocked" on the hub. 4th gens are like this and it makes a difference when checking for "free wheel" of the rotor.

I unbolted the calipers and it was pretty hard to get them off the rotors. I had to work around a little to get the calipers to slide off the rotors.

MFW - do you have a line on a rebuild kit??

michaelmosty
10-12-2009, 04:57 PM

I unbolted the calipers and it was pretty hard to get them off the rotors. I had to work around a little to get the calipers to slide off the rotors.

MFW - do you have a line on a rebuild kit??
FYI, I've been running O'Reilly calipers for 4 years. The first set were spread after this last TWS event so I had new calipers on there for ECR. I think they are about $50 each.

Rob Liebbe
10-12-2009, 07:07 PM
My PBR - Corvette style - have been on for five years with no problems.

Jeremy Gunter
10-12-2009, 08:00 PM
WOW! you guys are so sweet...

Frank asking what in god's name is that noise? WEEEEEEEEEEEHHHEEEEHHE....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm always in a hurry guys, sorry 8)