PDA

View Full Version : Who is going to run CMC and who is going to run CMC-2 in 10?

Alien
10-12-2009, 11:31 AM
To pick up on Jerry's thread from last year...
http://www.aicmctexas.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2256

CMC
Jeff W
Rob L
Gary R
David F
Chuck P
Eric V (?)
Greg H (?)
Nick V
Gary H
David L
Corey R (?)
Nick R (?)

CMC2
James P
Al F
J Jordan
Jeremy G
Jeremiah K
Steve M
Mitch W
Chuck S
Bryan L
Chris M
Sam C
Wade Z
Randy E
Michael M
Glenn L
Boudy
Ross

(bold = 95%+ certain; not bold = best guess; ? = ???)

Fbody383
10-12-2009, 11:43 AM
Uno.

Hopefully with full power.

Al Fernandez
10-12-2009, 12:19 PM
I for one would LOVE to see all of us in the deuce. One cmc field is so much better than two. Interclass racing/getting in the way would drop dramatically. But, more importantly...think about the battles on track! No matter where you run in the pack, we'd double the car count of people you run against.

Think about this...this year, five cars won all cmc1 races. Five cars won all cmc2 races. Combined ten drivers would be fighting for the one win? Talk about awesome!! We averaged 10 cmc and 8 cmc2 cars per event this year. Combined we'd be knocking on the door of 20 cars in one class, all racing each other!!!

I know we have a lot of 3rd gen cars looking for some answers to make cmc2 power...but I am cautiously optimistic we'll have a lot more answers in Nov. after our Buttonwillow test sessions. If the right news comes out of that, is it feasible for you 3rd gen guys to make some changes? How about you 5.0 guys?

Alien
10-12-2009, 12:29 PM
Not for me. With 500+ more layoffs planned in the next 60 days here at work, I'm not chancing spending any more money than necessary. This season I made all 6 events on the same set of 888's for that exact reason.

Even a relatively cheap LT1 swap (if that gets approved) is just that, relative. My best guess is $3-4k for LT1, T56, clutch, ECU, wiring harness, trans crossmember, fuel lines, p/s lines?, clutch master/slave? and exhaust. A $800-$1000 (if/when that solution is found) upgrade to jump class is more doable in an offseason, just not this year for me.

Yes, it would be nice to have one huge class. Maybe in 2011.

*edit* don't get me wrong, I like the LT1 option, just not for me at this time. *edit*

AI#97
10-12-2009, 12:36 PM
I for one would LOVE to see all of us in the deuce. One cmc field is so much better than two. Interclass racing/getting in the way would drop dramatically. But, more importantly...think about the battles on track! No matter where you run in the pack, we'd double the car count of people you run against.

Think about this...this year, five cars won all cmc1 races. Five cars won all cmc2 races. Combined ten drivers would be fighting for the one win? Talk about awesome!! We averaged 10 cmc and 8 cmc2 cars per event this year. Combined we'd be knocking on the door of 20 cars in one class, all racing each other!!!

I know we have a lot of 3rd gen cars looking for some answers to make cmc2 power...but I am cautiously optimistic we'll have a lot more answers in Nov. after our Buttonwillow test sessions. If the right news comes out of that, is it feasible for you 3rd gen guys to make some changes? How about you 5.0 guys?

With total optimism here, 20+ car field would be AWESOME! Any chance Toyo could bump the bucks program to support the 6-20 place racers?!

David Love AI27
10-12-2009, 01:00 PM
Any chance Toyo could bump the bucks program to support the 6-20 place racers?!

SPEW warning please!! Glad I'm still sitting around in my towel and the coffee wasn't too hot... :shock:

NickV
10-12-2009, 01:03 PM
If the right news comes out of that, is it feasible for you 3rd gen guys to make some changes? How about you 5.0 guys?

Depends on what the answer is. I've still got $1,000 worth of RA-1's to purchase for next season, plus fixing a few other items on my car. Another grand worth of headers/rockers/whatever probably won't make it in to the budget.

And a LT1 swap is not on my "want" list at all. I'm not about to go rip out the Painless harness and everything else Costas and I spent so much time installing and getting right just to do it all over again. Pass :)

michaelmosty
10-12-2009, 01:35 PM
I am 95% sure I will be in "2" next year.

AI#97
10-12-2009, 01:39 PM

SPEW warning please!! Glad I'm still sitting around in my towel and the coffee wasn't too hot... :shock:

It's a fair question David. If Toyo WOULD have been paying out $1000 per weekend for two classes, then those two combine. It would seem fair to atleast spread some love down to 10th place maybe...? Hell, if I build a 2 car and end up mid pack...I want some money too!!!

Wirtz
10-12-2009, 01:43 PM
This will be a good thread...

Still on the fence here. Current thinking is CMC1 but like most, really like the idea of getting back into one big group. I'm waiting to see what pans out in November.

David Love AI27
10-12-2009, 01:54 PM

It's a fair question David. If Toyo WOULD have been paying out $1000 per weekend for two classes, then those two combine. It would seem fair to atleast spread some love down to 10th place maybe...? Hell, if I build a 2 car and end up mid pack...I want some money too!!!

FAIR is right... I bought $2,000 worth of Toyos this year... Started ALL of the Regional contingency races plus Nationals... got $100 in Toyo bucks... Hell, I could get nearly that much from Burch if I can convince him I'm a CMC rookie (JB que "David Love CMC Nationals (Part 1)"... then get back to me on those Toyo bucks

OT:

CMC #3, any questions?

Rob Liebbe
10-12-2009, 04:30 PM
Liebbe - Undecided

GlennCMC70
10-12-2009, 05:20 PM
likely CMC due to new job and taking some time off. gonna build a new car and finish ones i've already started.

Rsmith350
10-13-2009, 12:32 AM
the duece for me

mitchntx
10-13-2009, 04:15 AM
Considering CMC1. Right now ... today ... 70/30 staying in CMC2

2010 looks dismal for me.

Work schedule and the preliminary scheduled events are not aligning very well.

I know I'm not going to Houston. I hate the freaking track.

Cresson and the spring TWS are out due to work conflicts.

Hallett for sure.

TWS in August sucks and I certainly didn't miss not running at ECR.

So Hallett might be my only race weekend next season. If so, I'll stay in the duece and not have to buy any tires. If I run more weekends than I can forsee, I will probably go back to CMC.

Wirtz, Leibbe and Mosty scare me ....

Rob Liebbe
10-13-2009, 07:59 AM

Then you are screwed no matter where you end up. Mosty is likely going to CMC2 and I'll likely stay in CMC1, Wirtz is just scary-fast no matter where he races. :?

AllZWay
10-13-2009, 08:08 AM

This sure would make the deuce pretty crazy.

I'll probably stay in the deuce, but I could switch back if more cars don't move to 2 and stay in 1.

I originally moved thinking that would be where the most cars would be.

Sidney
10-13-2009, 09:04 AM

Unless Toyo steps up big time then you guys will be throwing THOUSANDS of dollars away in Toyo Bucks from races and Regional Championships.

Sidney Franklin
Midwest Region
CMC1 #64

Wirtz
10-13-2009, 09:13 AM

Don't be scared. Leibbe and Mosty are nice guys once you get to know them.... Now Al and Proctor - those guys are nuts ;)

GlennCMC70
10-13-2009, 09:30 AM
i'll move up. but i want to see the Fox'es go w/ me.

David Love AI27
10-13-2009, 09:33 AM
i'll move up. but i want to see the Fox'es go w/ me.

HEY... leave some for me and Wirtz

GlennCMC70
10-13-2009, 09:38 AM
we could call it 3rd gen Challenge for the next 12 months if it would make you feel better.
sorry, bad joke. :)

michaelmosty
10-13-2009, 09:42 AM
we could call it 3rd gen Challenge for the next 12 months if it would make you feel better.
Nice. :lol:

Rob Liebbe
10-13-2009, 10:01 AM
Announcing Team Fox-Body Total CMC Domination Tour 2010

Mosty is going to move to CMC2 and dominate

Liebbe is going to stay in CMC1 and dominate

Fox-Body Mustangs will rule Texas. And because Texas rules over all the other regions, we will dominate all of CMC!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Bring it to Hallet ladies and gentlemen.

David Love AI27
10-13-2009, 10:09 AM
we could call it CCC for the next 12 months if it would make you feel better.

Edited

michaelmosty
10-13-2009, 10:42 AM
Announcing Team Fox-Body Total CMC Domination Tour 2010

Mosty is going to move to CMC2 and dominate

Liebbe is going to stay in CMC1 and dominate

Fox-Body Mustangs will rule Texas. And because Texas rules over all the other regions, we will dominate all of CMC!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Bring it to Hallet ladies and gentlemen.
I like it!!!!! :D

cjlmlml
10-13-2009, 11:00 AM

I'll probably stay in the deuce, but I could switch back if more cars don't move to 2 and stay in 1.

Is anyone racing in the ocho?

ShadowBolt
10-13-2009, 12:48 PM
Tony raced CMC and CMC2 with the black car. I don't have 16" wheels and tires but it is nice to be able to run either one. Now I just hope it rains at every race next year.

JJ

Waco Racer
10-13-2009, 01:02 PM

Is anyone racing in the ocho?

We need to start sending event write-ups to OSQ.

jeffburch
10-13-2009, 09:00 PM
I've been perusing the Spec 944 rule set.
They don't even allow a brake bias adjusting valve.

jb

Al Fernandez
10-13-2009, 10:16 PM
what on earth is the ocho?

Shortcutsleeping
10-13-2009, 10:32 PM
OMG I have TOTALLY been following ya'll ALL SEASON on the ocho! It is the ONLY thing for me!!!

Costas
cars and such...

roadracerwhite
10-14-2009, 06:08 AM
what on earth is the ocho?

Every seen the movie Dodgeball?

Al Fernandez
10-14-2009, 11:10 AM
nope

Sidney
10-14-2009, 04:14 PM

jb

But they don't have a HP rule like CMC so the cost to compete in Spec 944 is heading the way Spec Miata has gone with $10,000 motors.

Sidney

Jrod
11-13-2009, 10:15 PM
Here I was all ready to say CMC for 2011, but I have time to feel out the rules saga. I still need a year (well, actually much more) of HPDE to learn not to drive into walls before I get turned loose with a real racecar. The fox setup for 2 looks pretty easy to do, so we'll see. Hope to be group 3ing around MSRH and TWS at both stops next year in a black fox coupe.

Who wants to sell me a Mustang ready to run?
Jared

michaelmosty
11-13-2009, 11:36 PM
Here I was all ready to say CMC for 2011, but I have time to feel out the rules saga. I still need a year (well, actually much more) of HPDE to learn not to drive into walls before I get turned loose with a real racecar. The fox setup for 2 looks pretty easy to do, so we'll see. Hope to be group 3ing around MSRH and TWS at both stops next year in a black fox coupe.

Jared
Jared, I have a fox I'd let go for $20k. Worst case we'll get together at MSRH and talk licensing. :) What are you currently HPDE'ing?

Jrod
11-13-2009, 11:42 PM
I'll be sure to track you down in Houston; that's a little more than I was planning to spend, but with my luck I'll spend more for less car... maybe we should look it over.
I've been out a couple times in my former C5Z and a fox coupe. It'll be all mustang from here on out.

michaelmosty
11-13-2009, 11:52 PM
Hehe, not wanting to sell the car but $20k could change my mind.
We can definitely talk Mustangs. Us Mustang guys try to communicate alot better than those crazy f-body guys and can get you pointed in the proper direction. :P

silversvo
11-14-2009, 01:55 AM
One of these days when I get my budget right, I will be racing CMC2 in my fox... Michael, I am going to call you tomorrow and catch up some. It has been a while.

Wirtz
11-14-2009, 10:37 AM
I'll sell you Robs car for $899. It sure is purdy...
http://vimeo.com/5051145

Jrod
11-14-2009, 10:40 AM
I'll sell you Robs car for $899. It sure is purdy...
http://vimeo.com/5051145

Sold! :D bading-ding-ding

Rob Liebbe
11-14-2009, 11:08 AM
Wait a second!!!! I'll sell you the current CMC Champion Jeff Wirtz' car for $898. Might as well get the best.

AI#97
11-14-2009, 11:14 AM
Jared

Interested in AI?

NASA13
11-22-2009, 12:30 AM
I cant decide where to go, any changes to anyones plans?

I wanna push Rob around the course some more, he likes that.
If Rob and Wirtz and Glenn do the uno my mind is made up.
I will miss Mosty though....hmmmmm
Where is that old drag racing ace gonna be? Varner was it?

This is where everyone tells me to stay in one, and when I show up everyone is wearing twos! :oops:

Corey

AI#97
11-22-2009, 12:38 AM
I cant decide where to go, any changes to anyones plans?

I wanna push Rob around the course some more, he likes that.
If Rob and Wirtz and Glenn do the uno my mind is made up.
I will miss Mosty though....hmmmmm
Where is that old drag racing ace gonna be? Varner was it?

This is where everyone tells me to stay in one, and when I show up everyone is wearing twos! :oops:

Corey

Is this Corey Who?

GlennCMC70
11-22-2009, 01:49 AM
i'll likely end up in 2.

Rob Liebbe
11-22-2009, 08:50 AM
I will start the season in CMC1. Might transition to CMC2, but don't know yet.

michaelmosty
11-22-2009, 10:38 AM
I'm definitely going to "2". Going to install the cam over the Thanksgiving break and hopefully work on the fenders, if I get the official "Fox fender answer" from Al. :wink:

kbrewmr2
11-23-2009, 11:42 AM

jb

But they don't have a HP rule like CMC so the cost to compete in Spec 944 is heading the way Spec Miata has gone with $10,000 motors.

Sidney

people said that about SpecE30 and it hasn't yet either.

if the ruleset catches on outside of NASA then maybe, but even then I'd bet you ALOT of money that they will institute a max whp number if need be before letting the class run amok ala regular SM. Its codified in their rules that the series is about low cost equal racing....

btw - check out SSM (Showroom Spec Miata) when you get a chance, its all of what was good about SM with "fixes" to prevent the $10k motor crap.

AI#97
11-23-2009, 12:12 PM
btw - check out SSM (Showroom Spec Miata) when you get a chance, its all of what was good about SM with "fixes" to prevent the $10k motor crap.

Clifton ran this at Utah with his car. Sounds great but a little PITA having to have a "special" shop do all the work on the car.

OT...Depending on Gunter's situation, I might try to team up with him and get my 5 races on the miracle I find another trip to utah in my back pocket and still have a race car by then. That GT500 convertible I drove yesterday was NICE!!!

chris-CMC#35
11-23-2009, 01:04 PM

jb

Sidney

Sidney -

I would be VERY surprised if Spec 944 costs got out of control. Chuck Taylor is the National Director for the class, and he's based in the Rocky Mtn region. Chuck is a fanatic about controlling things, and keeping it an inexpensive class.

Jeff - if you have any questions about Spec 944, go directly to Chuck.

-chris

kbrewmr2
11-23-2009, 01:52 PM
Clifton ran this at Utah with his car. Sounds great but a little PITA having to have a "special" shop do all the work on the car.

just the "sealing" part... I think. Still some bugs to work out, but it looks much more attractive than plain-jane SM thats for sure :)

Sidney
11-23-2009, 02:44 PM

jb

Sidney

Sidney -

I would be VERY surprised if Spec 944 costs got out of control. Chuck Taylor is the National Director for the class, and he's based in the Rocky Mtn region. Chuck is a fanatic about controlling things, and keeping it an inexpensive class.

-chris

Chuck may be a great guy but he's smoking crack if he doesn't think someone is blueprinting their engine! Without a HP limit...it's the most money wins. SM started out as a $10,000 class and now there are used cars trading hands for $40,000. Guys spending the entire day on a chassis dyno comparing motor oils is nuts and happening all the time.

CMC absolutely rocks both SM and Spec 944 with our strict parts list AND HP/TQ rules!

Sidney

ShadowBolt
11-23-2009, 04:08 PM

jb

Sidney

Sidney -

-chris

Chuck may be a great guy but he's smoking crack if he doesn't think someone is blueprinting their engine! Without a HP limit...it's the most money wins. SM started out as a $10,000 class and now there are used cars trading hands for $40,000. Guys spending the entire day on a chassis dyno comparing motor oils is nuts and happening all the time.

CMC absolutely rocks both SM and Spec 944 with our strict parts list AND HP/TQ rules!

Sidney

They sound like Shit too. V8 Power baby!

JJ

Boudy
11-23-2009, 04:58 PM
Boudy is running CMC2 in '10.

kbrewmr2
11-23-2009, 05:17 PM
JJ

:lol: if only your cars did this thing called turning :P :twisted: but maybe is more fun that way. Anyone want to lend me a CMC car for a session? :wink:

michaelmosty
11-23-2009, 07:46 PM
JJ

:lol: if only your cars did this thing called turning :P :twisted: but maybe is more fun that way. Anyone want to lend me a CMC car for a session? :wink:
Not sure on the car but I bet you could bum a ride in a passenger seat. You can get one to turn fast but you have to hang out your marbles while driving. 8)

chris-CMC#35
11-23-2009, 08:16 PM
JJ

We have WAAAAY too much fun in Rocky Mtn when we have CMC and Spec 944 in the same race group. And btw, I out-corner them on a very regular basis. :lol:

-chris

AI#97
11-23-2009, 09:30 PM
JJ

Ken, I am working to have my car ready before the rookie day and hope to have a passenger seat in it. You are welcomed to a ride....but beware, you might just like it!!! Oh, might want to bring extra undies for the near death experience into T1 and T7! ;)

kbrewmr2
11-24-2009, 11:44 AM
its a shame I don't have a passenger seat in my "new" car to return the ride-along favor. I love hearing passengers hit the imaginary chicken brake :lol: :wink:

Al Fernandez
11-25-2009, 08:38 AM
CMC cars handle a hell of a lot better than they get credit for. Then again I'm probably biased as I've never driven a spec e30 or a spec 944. That said, lap times are lap times and cmc cars smoke both the e30s and 944s.

David Love AI27
11-27-2009, 05:10 PM
:wink:

Todd Covini
11-30-2009, 11:27 PM
As soon as I buy a house, I'll be in the market for a CMC2 or AI car.
(I'd like to get an AI car at CMC price/reliability.)

AI#97
12-01-2009, 12:29 AM
As soon as I buy a house, I'll be in the market for a CMC2 or AI car.
(I'd like to get an AI car at CMC price/reliability.)

So you are saying you are purposely delaying the rules to devalue current AI cars for sale....or, are you saying that it might be mid year before we see the rules as a comparison to your house hunting skills?

Sorry Todd, sort of done with being cordial about this....it's sort of fucking stupid at this point and I ain't the only one that thinks so.

Todd Covini
12-01-2009, 12:39 AM
Tell your girlfriend that my househunting skills have nothing to do with the AI rules. We'll have them out this week.

David Love AI27
12-01-2009, 12:57 AM
Mitch??? oh Mitch?? what have you done???

AI#97
12-01-2009, 01:02 AM
Mitch??? oh Mitch?? what have you done???

Set things back to normal...that's all. It was getting too touchy feely in here anyway....especially with Mitch talkinga about Kings and Queens and the Duece...too damn gay.