PDA

View Full Version : Who is running AI and AIX in 2010...?

AI#97
11-16-2009, 01:16 PM
So let's get a show of hands for who is running AI or AIX in 2010.

I am again running a budget limited schedule and only planning on Hallett for sure, Cresson is a strong possibility and possibly the first event at MSRH to attempt to reclaim a track record for AI.

Post your expected class and number of events. If we have a good idea on car counts, we might be able to scare up some regional sponsorship stuff for things like GoPro's and brake pads. Just some thoughts to get things off center now that we have some 2010 rules items nearly behind us.

David Love AI27
11-16-2009, 01:52 PM
:?:

GlennCMC70
11-16-2009, 01:52 PM
i will be running AI durring the weekends you are not.

AI#97
11-16-2009, 02:26 PM
i will be running AI durring the weekends you are not.

Gee Glenn, does everything have to involve YOU?! :roll:

Here's what I am thinking of tracking down or getting setup for season awards.

Maybe a GoPro for regional champ or group buy discount for our group to document just how badass racing AI in TX really is. Maybe there would be a go pro partnering with AI/X and some contingencies? Gift certificates from vendors for new lap records, sweeping a weekend of wins and maybe some other stuff like drawings for gear at weekends with more than 6 cars showing up. Would like to do some vendor drawings for Hallett to hype that weekend up as well and maybe a Title sponsor for AI/X weekend with some nicer trophies than the usual plastic coins.

The more we as a group get vendors involved in decorating our cars and paying our way is going to go a long way for promoting additional car count and cutting our weekend costs as racers.

I need to talk to Donovan and a few of our other local supporters to use their connections with key vendors and see what kind of swag we can parlay into a nice booty of fun stuff this year.

Let's make 2010 a Model year for the national guys to take notice we ARE American Iron in TX!!!!

David Love AI27
11-16-2009, 02:34 PM
:idea:

GlennCMC70
11-16-2009, 03:31 PM
this thread involves everyone who is gonna run AI. so yes, in this one instance it does.

David Love AI27
11-16-2009, 03:51 PM
The more we as a group get vendors involved in decorating our cars and paying our way is going to go a long way for promoting additional car count and cutting our weekend costs as racers.

Let's make 2010 a Model year for the national guys to take notice we ARE American Iron in TX!!!!

Maybe you could get some help from the sanctioning body... ROFLMFAO!!!

That would go against the mission statement: "Screw 'em... and if they say anything... screw 'em harder!!"

DAMN IT MATT... why do I let you set me up like that????

mitchntx
11-16-2009, 03:54 PM
Hallett is looking like the only race I'll make in 2010. So I will probably run in AIX.

marshall_mosty
11-16-2009, 04:00 PM
AIX
Only going to run MSR-C and TWS. I'm going to leave the ballast out of the car. No dyno cert, but nothings changing in the motor dept, so should still be around 310HP/312TQ.

Car should be 2800# coming off the scales.

R888 for MSR-C
RA1 for TWS

That's my plan at this point.

David Love AI27
11-16-2009, 04:05 PM
Hallett is looking like the only race I'll make in 2010. So I will probably run in AIX.

If you will add Cresson, ECR and the Enduro weekend at TWS, I will sponsor you. What size tires are you running? Oh, and your will have to run a LiiR sticker on your car. Seriously... I don't care where you stick it, but you gotta stick it somewhere...

AI#97
11-16-2009, 04:16 PM

If you will add Cresson, ECR and the Enduro weekend at TWS, I will sponsor you. What size tires are you running? Oh, and your will have to run a LiiR sticker on your car. Seriously... I don't care where you stick it, but you gotta stick it somewhere...

Talk about setting yourself up?! :oops:

David, National is listening more than you know. All it takes is someone willing to make an effort and a phone call to JWL or Kunzman. Seriously, we need to stop bitching and make things happen. I made Todd reconsider Donovan as regional AI directors because AL is busy with CMC stuff and we need more attention. I ain't doing much this year and maybe David and I together can do something to bring AI back to the status it was a couple years ago with good car counts and close racing. I'm working on a few other things too that might affect EVERYONE in this group to solve a bunch of the "bitching" over the last 5 years too. I have decided to be a part of the solution instead of just bitching about the problems....although, I might gripe every now and then for fun! ;)

While I LOVED the year end video, I could not help but notice it was DOMINATED by CMC/2 video input. Practically NOTHING from AI and if we are going to keep AI viable around here, we need to take the reins and do something about it OURSELVES. I am calling on EVERYONE that is going to run AI/X this year to get camera of any kind and start recording incar, roof cams, out the rear window and other cool shots this year. We MUST do better.

evarner
11-16-2009, 04:56 PM
I am calling on EVERYONE that is going to run AI/X this year to get camera of any kind and start recording incar, roof cams, out the rear window and other cool shots this year. We MUST do better.

This :!:

donovan
11-16-2009, 05:53 PM
Matt, I'm all in... I will be running in either AI or AIX depending on a few things, but I will run as much as I can.

I am willing to do anything we can to promote the series and the local group. I am willing to work with my vendor connections for awards, contingencys... if it comes down to it, I will put them up myself!!!

DD

BlueFirePony
11-16-2009, 09:32 PM
I am planning to run a drama-less AIX season on American-made tires ('cause Canada don't make any race tires :roll: ) in an underpowered car ( no difference than this year...though we are planning on experimenting a bunch :twisted: ) and just having fun...I think that will be at least one of my contributions to growing the series.
Planning on MSR-H, MSR-C and Hallet...whole season if I can swing it.

AI#97
11-16-2009, 09:56 PM
Matt, I'm all in... I will be running in either AI or AIX depending on a few things, but I will run as much as I can.

I am willing to do anything we can to promote the series and the local group. I am willing to work with my vendor connections for awards, contingencys... if it comes down to it, I will put them up myself!!!

DD

Badass! I want to try and work on something for all the local shops that support us road racing addicts here in this region and it could be as little as them donating t-shirts or shop decals to make sure we can help give back for the efforts they have given for us.

I'll be in touch over the rest of this year. I just need to find a way to stay closer to home and resolve a few other things as well as get my own car back on four wheels ASAP. Time is sort of a premium for me with traveling so much but that ends next week! Whoop!!! back to working in the garage and getting to the track!

michaelmosty
11-17-2009, 09:07 AM
[quote=donovan]Matt, I'm all in... I will be running in either AI or AIX depending on a few things, but I will run as much as I can.

DD

Badass! I want to try and work on something for all the local shops that support us road racing addicts here in this region and it could be as little as them donating t-shirts or shop decals to make sure we can help give back for the efforts they have given for us.

I'll be in touch over the rest of this year. I just need to find a way to stay closer to home and resolve a few other things as well as get my own car back on four wheels ASAP. Time is sort of a premium for me with traveling so much but that ends next week! Whoop!!! back to working in the garage and getting to the track!

You should have said: Back to snappin necks and cashin checks, PAH!! :P

AI#97
11-17-2009, 12:37 PM
I turn 35 next week so I think those days of being that way are behind me. Looking ahead to my future a lot more now.

Fbody383
11-17-2009, 02:19 PM
Looking ahead to my future a lot more now.

Who is this? What did you do with MFW?

Tommy55
11-17-2009, 05:50 PM
COunt me in for Hallett AI.

AI#97
11-17-2009, 07:05 PM
Looking ahead to my future a lot more now.

Who is this? What did you do with MFW?

People have been saying that a lot lately but you clowns don't know the real me and have this assumption about the way I am that is WAY off base.

Anyway, thanks for the responses and I'll add in a couple of folks I know that are supposed to join us in Houston and will move forward with contacting folks for setting up the awards program.

donovan
11-17-2009, 07:12 PM
Matt, Just and what if...

What if we want to do an awards for Fastest Lap of the weekend and an award for the First race on Saturday and Sunday...

But, we can't get someone to commit that large...

We could so something like:

Round 1 = Vendor A
Round 2 = Vendor B
Round 3 = Vendor C
Round 4 = Vendor A
Etc....

just a thought...
DD

Al Fernandez
11-18-2009, 11:29 AM
Matt, or whoever you are :lol: :wink: , I appreciate your thoughts and efforts. Its not entirely correct that I'm too busy on CMC stuff since AI really is taking a substantial amount of the time I can dedicate to racing...but its all on the admin side to keep the show running and not on the contingency side you're reaching out to. Thanks for volunteering to make some things happen on this side!!

AI#97
11-18-2009, 11:48 AM
Matt, or whoever you are :lol: :wink: , I appreciate your thoughts and efforts. Its not entirely correct that I'm too busy on CMC stuff since AI really is taking a substantial amount of the time I can dedicate to racing...but its all on the admin side to keep the show running and not on the contingency side you're reaching out to. Thanks for volunteering to make some things happen on this side!!

I guess you hadn't heard....we voted you out as regional AI director. Guess we forgot to tell you. :lol:

We'll handle it but don't leave us out of the loop on that admin stuff as it certainly involves us as racers/customers... I tend to agree that the way the AI rules cluster has been handled was poor at best. I'll hold onto the "still waiting" jokes for next friday when we still don't have them.

David, I'm in Abilene for work till thursday. I hope to be around the house all weekend for the first time in a month or more and will put together a "matrix" of sorts for each event and maybe a unique prize for each track so it's not the same boring presentation each time. You and I can mull it over and start thinking of which shops to ping for opportunities. We can probably pull Patterson into the thought process too as it appears he has some connections as well. One thing I am really going to be big on is using a "weekend points" award. I'd really like to see weekend trophies awarded for 1st, 2nd, 3rd for total points scored in teh weekend instead of the POS plastic medals we always forget to pickup or could care less about having 900 of them in the desk drawer. Real trophies with event names and something to be proud of in the trophy room. Sort of setting the example for all other classes. Honestly, I'd rather see my $20 "fee" at the beginning of the year fund trophies rather than a banquet, then fund the banquet separately at the end of the year. Yes it increases costs slightly, but REAL trophies/plaques would be SO DAMN COOL!!!

Between the three of us, PST and a few of the other shops around the DFW, Houston and Austin areas, I am sure we can scare up some good stuff. would like to start hitting the phones hard December 1st so we have a good 60 days before the first event to get things ironed out and on track.

MikeP99Z
11-18-2009, 12:32 PM
Happy to be involved for the awards thing - whether it be points based, contingency, or humor.

Bring back the manties...

michaelmosty
11-18-2009, 12:39 PM
Bring back the manties...
YES!!!!!
Buy a value pack, we will need them for Hallett. :twisted:

edrock96GT
11-18-2009, 02:54 PM
I'll be running in AI for 2010 as soon as I get my license and everything all ready to go. Planning to make all the events.

cjlmlml
11-18-2009, 04:01 PM
Sorry guys, making a bunch of changes to the car so I can run A sedan from here on out.

David Love AI27
11-18-2009, 04:19 PM
Sorry guys, making a bunch of changes to the car so I can run A sedan from here on out.

I know, right... I've been checking it out... what happened to Dickey and the rest?? No mention in the stats

Adam Ginsberg
11-18-2009, 05:46 PM

Just saying that proves you're full of shit. ;)

Tommy55
11-19-2009, 09:48 AM
What if Nasa set up a program that had a bunch of info that we could take to sponsors to show what everything is about. With Nasa's help on a national level they could probably drum up a pretty attractive portfolio that might attract some more of these perspective sponsor's. We as racers could do the leg work and Nasa could supply the portfolio. Let some of these sponsors know we work as a group and what better way to get the word out. Worth a try :?:

MikeP99Z
11-19-2009, 10:16 AM
http://www.americanironracing.com/American-Iron-press-kit.pdf

David Love AI27
11-19-2009, 10:21 AM
http://www.americanironracing.com/American-Iron-press-kit.pdf

Thanks Mike... I was just saying yesterday how there seems to be a lack of promotion for the series... Kudo's to to who ever got that out...

marshall_mosty
11-19-2009, 11:04 AM
That press kit is a bit sparce compared to what they had several years ago, if I recall correctly.

Also, having a magazine cover from 2004, does that really show what we are currently doing?? (5 year old ads??)

AI#97
11-19-2009, 11:30 AM
I have a "partnering" phone call with jwl and probably Todd to discuss an updated press kit in the coming weeks.

mitchntx
11-19-2009, 11:59 AM
When did this edition come out?

BlueFirePony
12-13-2009, 04:21 PM
Figured it was time for a summary:

Bill Griffin - AI - ?
DD - AI/AIX - ?
Ed - AI - all once he gets license (make MSR-H and get 'er done!)
Frank - AI - full season??
Me - AIX - We'll start with MSR-H, MSR-C and Hallet and see how that goes
Misty - AIX - All?
Marshall - AI/AIX - TWS, Hallet
Mason - AI - MSR-C, TWS, Hallet
MFW - AI/AIX - MSR-H, MSR-C, Hallet
Robert - AIX? - ?
Sam - AIX? - ?
Tommy - AI - Hallet

Who am I missing?

Sady DL tells me he is emphatically out :(
- I'll miss ya out there David! Is Jason gonna run the #27?

GlennCMC70
12-13-2009, 05:30 PM
Al told me today there was a new guy (Dave?) w/ an AI car he just bought from the GL Region. he should be running w/ us by years end.

AI#97
12-13-2009, 07:48 PM

DD - AI/AIX - ?
Misty - AIX - All?
Robert - AIX? - ?
Sam - AIX? - ?
Tommy - AI - Hallet

Who am I missing?

With Mr. Love...count me out all year unless we get a new director.

Todd Covini
12-13-2009, 10:21 PM
??? where's the rub ???
I didn't get this impression on Saturday when I saw you?!?!

David Love AI27
12-13-2009, 10:31 PM

DD - AI/AIX - ?
Misty - AIX - All?
Robert - AIX? - ?
Sam - AIX? - ?
Tommy - AI - Hallet

Who am I missing?

Jason holds a 50% stake in the 3 car and due to his hard work (on the track) and desire to improve, he will be the sole driver in 2010. I feel he will need more seat time to get the car back on the CMC poduim. Jason quiety follows the forum and is fully aware about my rants. He and I discussed his future with the series and this was HIS choice. I gonna stick with him and try and make some lemonaid.

The 27 car was on a waiting list at a shop specializing in race car builds. The owner specializes in American Stock Car builds and is an ace with carbed SBCs and road racing suspensions. I lost my place in line and will be scrambling to do the build myself. :cry:

My priority is to crew for Jason and give him a chance at CMC podiums. 2nd on my list is to pass along the "love" from AI/CMC Texas and take the sponsorship that I recieved and "pay it forward". I am in negotiations with a driver who is in a similar situation as I was, last year. Finally, I'm going to focus on getting a job and running the 27 car in ST2 or TT and AS in SCCA. I hope to qualify for the National Championships in both series. If I go to NASA Nationals, it will be in either the 3 car in CMC trim, the 27 car in AI trim or my other 3rd gen in CMC2.

Mason
12-14-2009, 07:58 AM
AI75 will return in 2010.

I will not be able to make it to Houston, but MSR-C, TWS, Hallett look doable.

AI#97
12-14-2009, 11:50 AM
??? where's the rub ???
I didn't get this impression on Saturday when I saw you?!?!

Then you weren't listening at all were you...? :? :roll: