PDA

View Full Version : 2009 AI/CMC Texas Banquet

Al Fernandez
11-16-2009, 05:54 PM
For those of you that couldnt make it...and because I know Adam just loves a good post event report...

The annual Texas AI/CMC banquet was this past Saturday at the Texas Sports Hall of Fame...what a party! Over 75 drivers, family, and friends gathered to celebrate a tremendous year of racing!

Texas CMC and AI has been growing steadily since its birth just a few years ago, and now boasts the highest attendance average in the country for these pony car classes with over 20 cars racing each weekend.

We premiered the 2009 Texas AI/CMC video, a compilation of racing by Eric Varner, and handed each attendee a full HD DVD copy. We're working on getting this hosted so all of you can see what racing in Texas is all about.

Special prizes were handed out by raffle:
- Over $350 worth of dyno time and Motul oil courtesy of Alamo Autosports
- Over $250 worth of shock tuning and data acquisition services courtesy of PST Performance
- A GoPro video camera setup courtesy of Donovan Racing
- Over $1000 worth of certificates for brake pads courtesy of Carbotech

Of course we handed out awards for this season's 1st-5th finishers including the Regional Champ travelling plaques and special car decals. We also awarded our Rookies of the Year in each class with special powdercoated aluminum plaques!

Special awards included:
Crew Chief of the Year to Wayne Kellam
Wife of the year to Kendra Proctor
Screwball to Bryan Leinart
Hard Luck Emergency Repair Kit to Frank Robertson
TWS Golden Helmet to Matt White for the most spectacular off

A very special thanks to Glenn's wife Tammy for managing the entire event logistics, food, etc., making the event possible at all.

We also displayed a really innovative award: the Texas Champion Ring. This will be awarded each year to the Champ in a class that demonstrates quantity and quality of racing above all others. In other words, a symbol that this champion won at a level of competition unsurpassed and is really a driver to fear. This is all courtesy of Robert Boudreaux at Argent Labs. Watch for details and examples of the artwork coming soon!!!!

Its been a great year here in Texas. Now its family time for the holidays and some quick car prep because 2010 racing starts the last weekend of January. See you guys in a a few weeks!!!

BryanL
11-17-2009, 09:15 AM
SWEEEEEEEEETTTTTT. Did I win any Motul with the Screwball award?? My wife was so pleased with me when I told her I won this first annual and definitely prestigious award. I already have plans in the works to defend my crown.

Hate I missed the banquet. Great hearing about all the door prizes. Really looking forward to seeing EV's video.

Bryan

michaelmosty
11-17-2009, 10:24 AM
I already have plans in the works to defend my crown.

AWESOME!!! :lol:

macstang
11-23-2009, 05:48 PM
AICMC Texas Rocks!!!!

I miss yall. Hope we can all race together again.

Congrats to all the champs and award winners.

GlennCMC70
11-23-2009, 11:17 PM
AICMC Texas Rocks!!!!

i still have your cordless drop light. shoot me an address and i'll mail it to you.

michaelmosty
11-24-2009, 12:11 AM
AICMC Texas Rocks!!!!

i still have your cordless drop light. shoot me an address and i'll mail it to you.
How about you come down and race with us and Glenn will give it to you in person. We miss you, you run Watkins Glenn Landrum yet? 8)

BryanL
11-24-2009, 05:57 PM
Something that came up today. Why did I win the Screwball award or maybe an explanation of the criteria used to determine the winner?

AllZWay
11-24-2009, 06:01 PM
Something that came up today. Why did I win the Screwball award or maybe an explanation of the criteria used to determine the winner?

You really shouldn't have to ask.... and I am thinking the award should just be named after you. :lol:

ShadowBolt
11-24-2009, 06:08 PM

You really shouldn't have to ask.... and I am thinking the award should just be named after you. :lol:

What did I tell ya?

JJ

Wirtz
11-24-2009, 07:40 PM
Any news on posting the video somewhere?

Al Fernandez
11-25-2009, 08:34 AM
Work in progress Jeff...been away from the computer for a bit.

Bryan...since you havent seen your award yet...its a baseball with a big screw sticking through it and several other screws to help it stand up. Its a work of art!

BryanL
11-25-2009, 12:57 PM
I can't wait to pickup the award. I'll see how long it will last on the nightstand next to bed. Then it will go in my office as a great conversation piece. Now only if the hospital would have let me keep my finger my office decoration would have been completed.