PDA

View Full Version : 60 day countdown thrash

Hood
11-30-2009, 06:13 PM
With SO much time on my hands and SO much to do on the car, I figured I'd copy a JB effort, albeit not to the extent of the quality, and rewire the Firebird. I've only got EVERYTHING apart on the car as well... no trans, no suspension, no steering, no rearend... ARRRRGH! Panic is about to set in with only 6 weeks 'til dyno day!

Wirtz
11-30-2009, 07:08 PM
Looks nice Gary. Gotta keep the Third Gens looking sexy so they will race fast...

I'm in panic too. Have not been able to spend much time yet in the garage and feels like there is a ton of things to do.

MikeP99Z
11-30-2009, 07:44 PM
A couple of door bars got added to my cage, and hopefully my diff leak is fixed. Otherwise, I'm still waiting on rules...

Also, was about to re-install the window net and checked the tag - expired last month. Ordering a new one tomorrow.

Check your belts/nets etc. for dates and that good stuff - can't pass tech with expired safety items regardless of what the safety item is (no pass go until next race on safety things).

AllZWay
11-30-2009, 07:50 PM
Dad and I repainted the bumpers and and a new hood for my car on Saturday.

We will add the black this week, then I still have some things to do.

Shocks and brake vents, trans fluid, motor oil change, and rear end gear oil, are the major things on my list to do.

Dang the off season just flies by.

AI#97
11-30-2009, 08:35 PM
Looks good Gary! Keep it up!

ShadowBolt
12-01-2009, 08:23 AM

Shocks and brake vents, trans fluid, motor oil change, and rear end gear oil, are the major things on my list to do.

Let me know if we owe you anything for the ECR bump.

JJ

AllZWay
12-01-2009, 09:19 AM

Let me know if we owe you anything for the ECR bump.

JJ

Just a hazard of racing..... :lol:

kbrewmr2
12-01-2009, 11:35 AM
are we really 60 days out from MSR-H??? :shock:

Al Fernandez
12-01-2009, 11:52 AM
I ordered brake parts today. I have the rear suspension apart waiting to do some repairs on my broken torque arm. Of course all the usual fluids and filters are on the list, as is digging out my broken temp gauge and replacing with one that doesnt read 275 all day long. I'd like to get some body work done...but that's last on the list.

michaelmosty
12-01-2009, 12:05 PM
Motor is apart and waiting for me to get off my ass to put the new cam in. I'll test that portion at the TWS rookie day.
Still waiting to hear from certain directors to determine what I can do regarding fender/quarter mods for CMC2. :wink:

mitchntx
12-01-2009, 01:14 PM
#9 has been in the trailer since October 4th.

No end in sight ...

GlennCMC70
12-01-2009, 03:10 PM
Motor is apart and waiting for me to get off my ass to put the new cam in. I'll test that portion at the TWS rookie day.
Still waiting to hear from certain directors to determine what I can do regarding fender/quarter mods for CMC2. :wink:

Give me a call, i've got some stuff in the works and i need a test car to work/mold off of.

Rob Liebbe
12-01-2009, 03:34 PM
I washed mine then stored rolls of attic insulation on it for a few weeks. It's ready for rookie day.

Hood
12-02-2009, 03:12 PM
$600 plus order to Summit for various needed items should keep me busy for the next few weeks. I'm not sure it will be ready for Rookie Day but I'm trying...

Fbody383
12-02-2009, 04:19 PM
I'm not sure it will be ready for Rookie Day but I'm trying...

Oh yeah... because you need a bunch of "rookie" training...