PDA

View Full Version : contact past drivers

ShadowBolt
12-19-2009, 05:30 PM
Since we are going to have to promote our series (or it won't be promoted) lets call everyone that has a car that did not race lst year. I sent Lewis Tanner a PM on Corner Carvers just now asking him to come play with us in CMC. I have never met LT (as far as I know) but I think he has a car so I contacted him. I know Lewis has issues with the "house" but I do to but I'm not going to let them screw me out of racing.

What about the rest of you? Maybe more of you can contact Lewis and let him know he is welcome. We can all contact all others who have cars that are not racing. Morgan........who else?

JJ

GlennCMC70
12-19-2009, 07:03 PM
good idea Jerry. Adam and Todd did this alot in the past.
i'm pretty sure i do not have a contact list for most active folks, much less those who havent raced w/ us in a while.

LT did race w/ us backin 2005/6 or so. he was teamed up w/ Adam before LT built his own car. he had a problem w/ NASA TX and decided to not race w/ them. i've had several talks w/ him trying to get him to come out. he's a Corner-Carver keyboard warrior now.

Morgan - i sure hope he can get back on that horse. he was really coming into his own just before he dropped out.

on a positive note - Ron Jones will be joining us at MSR-H w/ his newly finished CMC (former AS) car. look for him to possibly show up at a local Houston/Austin Dyno Day.

Rob Liebbe
12-19-2009, 10:03 PM
OK - I reach out to Todd Covini. Come to the track again, as a racer. 8)

Corey Rueth can stay home. :twisted:

ShadowBolt
12-19-2009, 10:20 PM
i'm pretty sure i do not have a contact list for most active folks, much less those who havent raced w/ us in a while.

LT did race w/ us backin 2005/6 or so. he was teamed up w/ Adam before LT built his own car. he had a problem w/ NASA TX and decided to not race w/ them. i've had several talks w/ him trying to get him to come out. he's a Corner-Carver keyboard warrior now.

Morgan - i sure hope he can get back on that horse. he was really coming into his own just before he dropped out.

on a positive note - Ron Jones will be joining us at MSR-H w/ his newly finished CMC (former AS) car. look for him to possibly show up at a local Houston/Austin Dyno Day.

I know LT has issues with NASA Texas but so do I but I'm not going to let them stop me from racing.

JJ

GlennCMC70
12-19-2009, 11:20 PM

I know LT has issues with NASA Texas but so do I but I'm not going to let them stop me from racing.

JJ

same thing lots of folks have told him. your welcome to try.

ShadowBolt
12-20-2009, 03:23 PM
LT is planning on racing with us in the future. Even his wife tells him he needs to. His car is not ready but he does intend to come back.

JJ

GlennCMC70
12-20-2009, 04:00 PM
i cannot tell you how glad i am to hear that. LT - while driving Adams car held MSR-C track record at one time. he's a good level headed driver.

ShadowBolt
12-20-2009, 05:18 PM
i cannot tell you how glad i am to hear that. LT - while driving Adams car held MSR-C track record at one time. he's a good level headed driver.

I told him to come post here and to come to MSRH if you can make it.

I guess you and I Glenn are the only ones that care about doing this? I woud think it would make you feel good to have someone call and invite you back. How many others are out there besides Morgan that have a car to race?

JJ

AllZWay
12-20-2009, 06:31 PM
I have already been talking with a former driver, but I am not sure he wants me to post his future plans.
I'll let him if chooses too.

ShadowBolt
12-20-2009, 07:04 PM
I have already been talking with a former driver, but I am not sure he wants me to post his future plans.
I'll let him if chooses too.

If we could get LT, Morgan, Boudy, and a few others we could be looking at 25 to 30 drivers per race counting the rookies.

JJ

Chuck
12-20-2009, 11:32 PM
How about Skip Smith and son? They had two cars at one point. I did not know them, only met Skip once before I was racing.

What happened to the other car Richard Pederson had at MSRH? Forgot who the driver was? What about Richard?

Chuck
CMC#14

GlennCMC70
12-20-2009, 11:40 PM
How about Skip Smith and son? They had two cars at one point. I did not know them, only met Skip once before I was racing.

What happened to the other car Richard Pederson had at MSRH? Forgot who the driver was? What about Richard?

Chuck
CMC#14

Skip and Scott stopped racing w/ us. Not sure why, but i dont expect them back. Scott is a family man now. Both cars are for sale, or so i have been told.

Pederson is crewing for the "Team Red SHift Racing". Chris Marvel was a driver but someone else owns the car. Last year they said he would also be driving. I'm told they will be running a full season.

you are right. CMC will be big this year.

David Love AI27
12-21-2009, 09:54 AM
Since we are going to have to promote our series (or it won't be promoted) lets call everyone that has a car that did not race lst year. I sent Lewis Tanner a PM on Corner Carvers just now asking him to come play with us in CMC. I have never met LT (as far as I know) but I think he has a car so I contacted him. I know Lewis has issues with the "house" but I do to but I'm not going to let them screw me out of racing.

What about the rest of you? Maybe more of you can contact Lewis and let him know he is welcome. We can all contact all others who have cars that are not racing. Morgan........who else?

JJ

Nick Runyon?

GlennCMC70
12-21-2009, 10:22 AM

JJ

Nick Runyon?

i've been in contact w/ him. his new CMC car should be at Houston and run w/ us all season.

ShadowBolt
12-21-2009, 10:46 AM
So how many drivers are we likely to see this year after the rookies are in with us?

Jerry

GlennCMC70
12-21-2009, 10:48 AM
alot!