PDA

View Full Version : Rookie Stuff - "Pay attention to changes in your car&qu

Rob Liebbe
12-20-2009, 09:44 PM
This is the race at TWS (R3 - Aug 09) when the panhard bar mount broke while I was leading. Its interesting to see how the car is changing as the mount is getting weaker before it breaks. Notice how much more steering correction is needed as time goes on. There is also a clunking sound on upshifts that was getting louder as well.

I noticed that the car was getting looser as time went by, but thought it was because I was running it too hard. There were about 14 of my closest friends right on my rear bumper the entire time. I pulled over rather than continue because I didn't know what was wrong with the car. I felt that was the safe thing to do. I did manage to "fix" it with a bunjee chord the corner workers gave me and drove it back to the pits after the race. No tow truck time required. My weekend was over because of a poorly designed, previously broken part that I failed to repair/replace properly. This was the second time that mount had broken. It was a homemade job that has now been replaced by a Maximum Motorsport piece.

Enjoy

http://www.vimeo.com/6025959