PDA

View Full Version : HPDE Help

way2neary
12-27-2009, 08:27 PM
Guys,

I wanted thank you all for inviting me into your Rookie Day at TWS. I wanted you to know I signed up for the Forum and won't miss the next event. Also, the handouts you provided at TWS were great, thank you.

That said, now you guys have me thinking about running with you all.... So, I asked Jeff for some info, which he was kind enough to send.

As I am going through the material, I clearly need HPDE (which both Sam Crumpacker and David Love can attest too). I did reference the main NASA web site for recommendations on HPDE, they are suggesting Mid-Ohio and a couple in CO. The price varies widely and I would rather stay in Big-TX. I also noticed courses at MSR and Hallot. Given these options, what would you all suggest as the best path?

Also, I was wondering if the TWS DE is eligible toward my experience for provisional? Would a combo of TWS and Hallot's final course work too?

Any suggestions?

mitchntx
12-27-2009, 08:34 PM
According to the NASA TX website:

January 30 - 31/ MSRH
March 13 - 14 / MSRC
April 24 - 25 / TWS CCW w/ 8 hour Enduro
June 12 - 13 / Hallett
July 30 - August 1 / TWS CW
October 2 - 3 / Eagles Canyon

Each of those weekends will have DE sessions.

Micheal Mosty is the man you need to talk to about getting a provisional.

David Love AI27
12-27-2009, 08:49 PM
Take advantage of as much local "seat time" you can get... the sooner you can show your NASA instructor that you have car control, corner worker awareness and proper car and safty equipment maintenence the sooner you get licensed... I have had three competition licenses in my family and all three took different amounts of time (and for good reason)... With MSR Houston, and Cresson and a couple of TWS events in between you should be well on your way...

AND you really need to do the dyno day and get you annual tech so you can be ready when you get signed off...

Boudy
12-27-2009, 11:04 PM
Welcome aboard.

michaelmosty
12-28-2009, 12:05 AM
Shoot me a PM with your phone number and we can talk and get you on the right path through the Comp License process.
The more NASA events the better that way you can be evaluated through your HPDE and Comp License schooling.

I look forward to speaking with you soon!!