PDA

View Full Version : 1992 CMC Mustang For Sale on Racing Junk - $3700!!

Adam Ginsberg
12-27-2009, 08:55 PM
http://www.racingjunk.com/category/1083/NASA_Camaro_Mustang_Challenge/post/1721660/1992-Ford-Mustang-CMC-Car.html

I know NOTHING about the car nor owner. Happened to see it on www.racingjunk.com while looking around.

It's definitely not 100% CMC legal (based on the images posted), but it doesn't appear to need many changes.

$3700 is hard to ignore. It's located in Newbury Park CA.....about ~15 minutes from my house. If anyone is interested, I'd be glad to perform an inspection, and get fresh pics.

GlennCMC70
12-27-2009, 09:49 PM
looks to be a solid car. upper intake and battery are the first two things that jump out at me.
would be a nice start for a "do it yourselfer".

Adam Ginsberg
12-28-2009, 12:10 PM
looks to be a solid car. upper intake and battery are the first two things that jump out at me.

Yep - the intake (upper and lower) aren't CMC/CMC2 legal, but that's an easy swap that would likely net the owner a few extra $$'s even after buying a Cobra replacement.

The hood looks to be a cowl unit.

would be a nice start for a "do it yourselfer".

Especially at the price he's asking. Unfortunately, he doesn't mention if it has a logbook (either SCCA or NASA), but from the pics, it appears to be a decent hooptie to get started with.

michaelmosty
12-28-2009, 12:24 PM
The cage looks pretty iffy also with the main diagonal bar and rear down tube mounting location. It also looks like some of the internal sheet metal is cut out.