PDA

View Full Version : 2006 drivers - whatever happened to them?

GlennCMC70
12-29-2009, 10:48 PM
Since it was asked, i thought it would be a good thing to look at and see. As we all know priorities change over time and racing often moves up or down on that list. here is a list of the 2006 drivers (per the 2006 shirt since i dont have the points sheets here w/ me), as well an explanation of where they are if they are not w/ us now.
should be fun.

Adam Ginsberg - move to Cali. still racing w/ CMC.
Chris Burton - he's a friend of ours that Mitch tried to get back into racing by sharing his car w/. his income has changed and decided to cut racing from the budget. wants to race w/ us really bad.
Chris McComb - moved to Colorodo. still in CMC.
Chuck Buehler - never really raced w/ us. was listed as a co-driver for Mitch as a team in hopes he would race w/ us. his work comitments will not allow it.
Cory Rueth - still w/ us.
Daron Cooke - still w/ us.
Eric Varner - still w/ us.
Glenn Landrum - still w/ us.
Jeff Burch - still w/ us (up to 2009).
Jerry MacNeil - moved to NYC i think. still runs w/ NASA and CMC last i was told.
John Thurman - one time runner w/ us. he's realized he's not ready for CMC and stayed in DE's.
Lewis Tanner - looks to be coming back. got married and had a kid when he stopped racing w/ us. also had issues w/ NASA TX and not AI/CMC.
Micah Bishop - moved over sea's. work related.
Michael Mosty - still here.
Mike Bell - moved on due to issues involving AI/CMC.
Mike Patterson - still w/ us.
Mitch Warren - still w/ us.
Morgan Dawdy - quit for personal reasons after wrecking his car the 2nd time in a short period. from what i understand, he wants to come back... i sure hope he does.
Nick Runyon - still here. been building a new car the last couple years and dealing w/ work issues.
Rob Liebbe - still here.
Robert Boudreaux - still here.
Rober Carr - sold his car due to loosing his job and being unemployed.
Scott Smith - got married and has a kid. stopped racing w/ us due to thinking all the top cars were cheating.
Todd Covini - still here.
Amber Love - still w/ us to some degree. life got in the way for her and its possible she will be returning.
Bud Sharp - not sure if he ever really raced w/ us. possible a 2nd driver of a team.
Chris Lyons - still here.
Chris Marvel - still w/ us.
David Donovan - still w/ us.
David Irwin - economy got him really bad.
Jeff Brooks - moved to Cali. not racing due to economy.
John Goerge - left due to AI/CMC leadership issues.
Marshall Mosty - still here.
Matt White - was here up to 2009.
Misty Cain - still here.
Raybob Coleman - still here.
Richard Pedersen - stopped racing due to costs of racing. still involved w/ the series and w/ a team in the series.
Robert King - still here.
Tommy Schlender - still here.
Bob Hann - raced w/ us once to get some lap times and finish results for a car he needed to sell. no reason for not racing w/ us.
David Armstrong - moved on due to AI/CMC leadership issues.
David Capps - again, the economy got him really bad.
David Irwin - didnt i cover him already?
David Love - was w/ us till 2009. likely stopped racing w/ us due to AI/CMC managment issues.
David Mixon - Kevin Mixons dad? ran w/ us to get lap times on the T2 camaro BL bought so it could be sold.
Jason McMahon - not sure who this is. a little help?
Skip Smith - quit over the result of a ruling against him over car to car contact.
Spencer Sharp - not sure i know the answer to this. he was a "hired gun" to drive the Capp's /Irwin Mustangs to help sort them for those guys. he never had plans to run AI/CMC.
Tracy Alvey - he ran w/ Capp's/Irwin. not sure what his story is.
Wiley Alexander - not even gonna touch this one.

so as you see, there are about 3 folks i know of that left due to AI/CMC managment issues. take note that i was not involved w/ the running of the series in 2006. i came on board early 2007.
i hope this answers the question that was asked.

feel free to correct me where i am wrong.

David Love AI27
12-29-2009, 11:58 PM
McNeil is deployed in Iraq, his home is on the east coast, I plan to join him at Watins Glen in 2010, he loves AI/CMC Texas

Robert Carr... Moved to San Antonio and last I heard he moved the #27 to a dirt car, I bought his old AI #27

Bob Hahn was a SCCA racer and was taunted into coming over to race with us

Mr. McMahon bought a Panoz and attended the Hallett event

Chris Lyons.. has issues, he's just not aware of them, yet

michaelmosty
12-30-2009, 12:11 AM
David, let me know what the plans are for Watkins Glen in 2010, I'd love to fly out with you for the weekend!!

David Love AI27
12-30-2009, 12:15 AM
David, let me know what the plans are for Watkins Glen in 2010, I'd love to fly out with you for the weekend!!

I'm in the market for a take 3 trailer and a F 350 or RAM 3500... I can haul your car up if this deal comes together... I'm also looking at Road Atlanta and I'd really love to do Road America...

We'll see what happens...

MikeP99Z
12-30-2009, 12:50 AM
Bob may resurrect his A-sedan later this year, but likely to test some suspension changes only. He generally retired from racing a couple years ago, and earlier this fall had a quintuple bypass (from which recovery is going well).

chicane23
12-30-2009, 10:45 AM
John Goerge - left due to AI/CMC leadership issues

Hold on wait a minute.....

First off, it's George ;-) and I left for completely different reasons.

Most important one was because I was not having fun anymore and I wanted to spend more time with my kids.

Plus I got tired of beating Matt White all the time ;-)

Wirtz
12-30-2009, 10:49 AM

This is one of the tracks I REALLY want to go drive. I practically grew up at this track as a kid. But was not old enough at the time to have driven it in anger.

That could be a cool road trip....

Wirtz
12-30-2009, 10:50 AM

Amazing timing :twisted: :lol:

David Love AI27
12-30-2009, 12:50 PM

If you are looking for someone to chase... Mike Patterson is back...

David Love AI27
12-30-2009, 12:51 PM
Bob may resurrect his A-sedan later this year, but likely to test some suspension changes only. He generally retired from racing a couple years ago, and earlier this fall had a quintuple bypass (from which recovery is going well).

Why no Camaros in A-Sedan?

mitchntx
12-30-2009, 12:55 PM

Most likely the engine limitations.

David Love AI27
12-30-2009, 01:20 PM

Most likely the engine limitations.

OIC... So if I take out my engine I can run A-Sedan??

Double the fun : weight reduction AND saves money

DAMN RULES!! Guess thats why Richard Dicky got out of A-Sedan...

Wonder if Richard ever got pissed at his parent's name selection, especially in high school?? Dick Dicky... Only met him once and I believe his parents were very prophetic...

MikeP99Z
12-30-2009, 01:35 PM

There are, but have a nice read in the GCR:

NOTE: For competition in American Sedan 1993+ Chevrolet
Camaros and Pontiac Firebirds shall be prepared to 1982-1992 Chevrolet
Camaro and Pontiac Firebird engine and transmission specifications per
current American Sedan Category Specifications. Ford Mustangs shall be
prepared to the 79-93 Mustang engine and transmission specifications
per the current American Sedan Category Specifications.

MikeP99Z
12-30-2009, 01:48 PM
Read the AS rules. http://cms.scca.com/documents/Club%20Forms/2010%20Tech%20Forms/2010%20GCR-January.pdf

Starts on GCR-497, section 9.1.6

2003 champ car for sale: http://limerock.racingjunk.com/category/1077/NASA_American_Iron/post/1701689/SCCA-American-Sedan-2002-Chevy-Camaro.html

Fbody383
12-30-2009, 01:51 PM

And they have cool carburetors... that with the wrong screw holding the butterfly to the shaft can get you DQed.

David Love AI27
12-30-2009, 02:08 PM
440 Horsepower Rebello Racing Engine with latest spec. updates :shock:

Out of a 305 :shock: :shock: :shock:

That has got to be really hard on a T-5...

No wonder there are very few 4th gens in A-Sedan...

Hey Mike... R they gonna make me memorize all 600+ pages of the CCR?

MikeP99Z
12-30-2009, 02:09 PM
Or I can protest your motor for like $1000. After a full tear down to the crank, if you are legal, you get it back in a box and $500 to put it all back together. Hope you have a spare $10k motor ready to go in to make the next event.

You guys have no idea how "good" you have it. You are all "friends" for the most part. The game over there is very cut throat at the national level. You rarely get any help from a competitor, because if you miss the next session or race one weekend - too bad, so sad.

At most Regional/National events, the drivers will run one 15 min practice and one 10 min qual on Sat, then skip the 30 min regional race. Then run one 10 min qual and a 45 min national race on Sunday. 80 minutes for $400.

MikeP99Z
12-30-2009, 02:13 PM
Hey Mike... R they gonna make me memorize all 600+ pages of the CCR?

You better be up to speed on the normal sections of the GCR and more importantly the A-sedan section. Also, be extremely familiar with the protest section and how it all works.

Some guys bring 3 spare transmissions for the weekend...

David Love AI27
12-30-2009, 02:20 PM
Or I can protest your motor for like $1000. After a full tear down to the crank, if you are legal, you get it back in a box and $500 to put it all back together. Hope you have a spare $10k motor ready to go in to make the next event.

You guys have no idea how "good" you have it. You are all "friends" for the most part. The game over there is very cut throat at the national level. You rarely get any help from a competitor, because if you miss the next session or race one weekend - too bad, so sad.

At most Regional/National events, the drivers will run one 15 min practice and one 10 min qual on Sat, then skip the 30 min regional race. Then run one 10 min qual and a 45 min national race on Sunday. 80 minutes for $400.

I've never been fast enough to draw that kind of attention.. for 4 years now I get laughed at at tech and waved through... I was freaking out at Nationals when people were climbing all over my car after every session...

AND why skip Regional??? I'm just looking for some fun, screw the points

David Love AI27
12-30-2009, 02:24 PM
be extremely familiar with the protest section and how it all works.

Switch hats here Mike... its me, David, not Matt.... I'm not that competitive!! never protested another racer, never will and only an idiot would spend money to protest the last place car :shock: .

MikeP99Z
12-30-2009, 02:24 PM
AND why skip Regional??? I'm just looking for some fun, screw the points

I've seen $10k motors go pop after 3 laps. Mostly skipped due to potential wear/tear on the car that might jeopardize the Sunday National race.

GlennCMC70
12-30-2009, 02:27 PM
Sorry John, i assumed what the issue was.

MikeP99Z
12-30-2009, 02:28 PM
I'm not that competitive!! never protested another racer, never will and only an idiot would spend money to protest the last place car :shock: .

Podium at Nationals seems pretty competitive to me :P

Yes, people aren't going to protest a car outside of the top 3 at the regional level.

David Love AI27
12-30-2009, 02:39 PM
Podium at Nationals seems pretty competitive to me :P

Thanks... the experience was WONDERFUL... thanks to Jeff, Al, Todd, Matt Glenn, The Kellams, Mosty and the rest... but MY performace only looks good on paper and in pics... I finished just as close to last as I did to first and the only two cars I finished in front of were disabled cars... I'm VERY aware of my limited skill level as a racer...

Never get tired of the back patting but it was the experience that was awesome, not my performance

chicane23
12-30-2009, 03:32 PM
If you are looking for someone to chase... Mike Patterson is back...

Not going to happen, I have sold the AI car.

Next the AIX car goes up for sale....anyone interested in 647 hp and 517 tq with 315/35-17 Hoosiers? ;-)

MikeP99Z
12-30-2009, 03:39 PM
I saw that at the shop, the finished build turned out great!

chicane23
12-30-2009, 05:15 PM
I saw that at the shop, the finished build turned out great!

What shop? When did you see it?

It has changed a bunch in the last 6 months

MikeP99Z
12-30-2009, 06:55 PM
A few months ago at Kurt's.

AI#97
12-30-2009, 08:40 PM
And they have cool carburetors... that with the wrong screw holding the butterfly to the shaft can get you DQed.

Nice! Was it in the rules? A-sedan are for the guys that WANT to be there....right?

David Love AI27
12-30-2009, 08:59 PM

Nice! Was it in the rules? A-sedan are for the guys that WANT to be there....right?

Glad I'm not a rules "pusher".... its gonna be interesting

David Love AI27
12-30-2009, 09:03 PM
You better be up to speed on the normal sections of the GCR and more importantly the A-sedan section. Also, be extremely familiar with the protest section and how it all works..

Somebody give me a dollar so I can "legally" run AICMCTexas.com as my sponsor....

AI#97
12-30-2009, 09:04 PM

Ha! Just saw that. Convenient after you sold the car there big boy! ;)

Congrats on the selling the car though...it's a tough market out there. Good luck with selling the other one too. What are the plans for the future? Wayne said you're into collecting guns now?

chicane23
12-31-2009, 08:19 PM

Congrats on the selling the car though...it's a tough market out there. Good luck with selling the other one too. What are the plans for the future? Wayne said you're into collecting guns now?

Have to you give you crap from time to time.

Yes, it took a good while to sell the car...the check cleared today and the transport comes on Monday.
You have to find the right buyer that knows what is in the car and what it will take to reproduce that same car.

Plans...spend more time with the kids mostly as we look toward our new house in Feb. Anyone need a house in Frisco? ;-)

I will be helping two new drivers in AI this next season with track support, car prep and coaching.

Good luck with your sell and to everyone this next season.

Happy New Year all.

ShadowBolt
01-03-2010, 07:18 PM

Have to you give you crap from time to time.

Yes, it took a good while to sell the car...the check cleared today and the transport comes on Monday.
You have to find the right buyer that knows what is in the car and what it will take to reproduce that same car.

Plans...spend more time with the kids mostly as we look toward our new house in Feb. Anyone need a house in Frisco? ;-)

I will be helping two new drivers in AI this next season with track support, car prep and coaching.

Good luck with your sell and to everyone this next season.

Happy New Year all.

Hi John,

Any word on Tires yet?

JJ

chicane23
01-05-2010, 09:04 AM
Hi John,

Any word on Tires yet?

JJ

No, but I will check this week to see if there is any word.

ShadowBolt
01-05-2010, 09:37 AM
Hi John,

Any word on Tires yet?

JJ

No, but I will check this week to see if there is any word.

THANKS!

Jerry