PDA

View Full Version : Austin Area dyno

ShadowBolt
01-12-2010, 11:16 AM
Anyone have an idea when and where you are going? I was thinking about Colvin one day after work.

JJ

Wirtz
01-12-2010, 11:57 AM
I was thinking along the same lines....

Had not set a date for myself yet. Wanna pick somtime next week?

ShadowBolt
01-12-2010, 11:59 AM
I was thinking along the same lines....

Had not set a date for myself yet. Wanna pick somtime next week?

I will call them and see if it makes any difference what day.

JJ

Chuck
01-12-2010, 12:45 PM
Colvin is open some on Saturday mornings, if the dyno guy is working. I may try to do Saturday, but might be able to do an afternoon.

Let me know when.

Chuck
CMC#14

ShadowBolt
01-12-2010, 03:49 PM
I called Colvin and the Dyno guy will not be in this Sat. He will be in Sat. the 23rd. I may just leave early from work one day next week and get it done. If not the 23rd will work but does not leave much time if something goes wrong.

JJ

NickV
01-13-2010, 09:09 AM
If any of you guys are heading up there next Saturday, I'd be down for coming up. I still need a dyno too, and the place I went to last time won't open on Saturday again.

ShadowBolt
01-13-2010, 09:54 AM
I'm not sure what I'm going to do. Sat. would be the best time to do it but it is waiting until the last minute. I may go tomorrow afternoon.

JJ

j3ffbrooks
01-13-2010, 12:04 PM
The Austin people may consider ART in Buda. It may be a hike down there but they have tons of room for trailers and will work with us if there is a group on the same day.

http://www.aicmctexas.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1858&highlight=art

ShadowBolt
01-13-2010, 01:23 PM
The Austin people may consider ART in Buda. It may be a hike down there but they have tons of room for trailers and will work with us if there is a group on the same day.

Jeff,

Are you back in Texas (I see Kerrville in your info)? Are you going to race with us this year? If so what class and in what? So many questions.

Sorry,
Jerry

GlennCMC70
01-13-2010, 01:37 PM
Last I recall, Jeff sold his car while in Cali. But i also remember him and David D having a CMC build between them.

j3ffbrooks
01-13-2010, 03:16 PM

Jeff,

Are you back in Texas (I see Kerrville in your info)? Are you going to race with us this year? If so what class and in what? So many questions.

Sorry,
Jerry

Jerry,

Sold the car before I moved to Cali for a short stint.

I've been back and living in Kerrville, TX for just over a year now. I still make it out to Austin and hang out with Donovan and Corey every so often, but racing is out for right now.

I won't be racing for a while here until I can gather the funds. I've put aside my savings for flying lessons in an attempt to become a Professional Pilot. Once I can get a stable income I'd love to come out and race again with you guys.

For now I'll just be lurking in the shadows trying to maintain the website. Hopefully, there will be some changes coming soon.

Jeff

Hood
01-13-2010, 04:26 PM
I won't be racing for a while here until I can gather the funds. I've put aside my savings for flying lessons in an attempt to become a Professional Pilot. Once I can get a stable income I'd love to come out and race again with you guys.
Jeff

That means that it will be about 10 years before you will race again :wink:

Seriously though, who are you flying with? I have my private and have looked seriously into ATP out of Sacremento for getting my ATP certification. Looked at jobs after the fact and found very low entry level pay. Helicopters was the other venue that I investigated but that needed a huge influx of cash to complete. (~$80-100K to 650hrs plus starving while building hours).

ShadowBolt
01-13-2010, 05:29 PM
Jeff

That means that it will be about 10 years before you will race again :wink:

Seriously though, who are you flying with? I have my private and have looked seriously into ATP out of Sacremento for getting my ATP certification. Looked at jobs after the fact and found very low entry level pay. Helicopters was the other venue that I investigated but that needed a huge influx of cash to complete. (~$80-100K to 650hrs plus starving while building hours).

Yea, good luck with that. I have had my private for about 15 years but back in those days if you could get a flying job it paid about $20,000.00 a year for a new guy. It's a great dream but professional pilots have a very high divorce rate! Never home to see the kids play sports. Get a real job and make some money and fly for fun.

JJ