PDA

View Full Version : CMC racer bites the snow

ShadowBolt
01-14-2010, 05:33 PM
There are skiers and then there are old men CMC racers that think they can ski.

Got a message from Rob. He took a hard fall (bunny slope) at Winter Park and went to the hospital in Denver by ambulance. He is okay (on pain meds) but skining for this year is over and racing in January is not likely. There but by the grace of God go I.

Hey Rob, I hope you get to feeling better soon. Maybe your dad can race the car in your place as team Liebbe.

JJ

michaelmosty
01-14-2010, 05:51 PM
The bunny slope Rob???
Hope you recover soon, keep us posted!!

AllZWay
01-14-2010, 05:52 PM
Rob... Glad to hear you will survive. Get off your butt and make it to Houston anyway.

Fbody383
01-14-2010, 06:04 PM
Get off your butt and make it to Houston anyway.

Yeah, you're only driving a CMC mustang.

Weren't you talkin' the first smack of '10? Maybe that was Mosty, can't tell you ford guys apart...

'Cept Jerry - super nice guy, super nice car...

Rob Liebbe
01-14-2010, 06:11 PM
I don't know about smack talk, but I smacked the hell out that mountain! Broken rib(s) are going to make it hard to get in and out of the car.

I've yet to make the January Houston event completely.

JJ - Who you calling old there pops!

BlueFirePony
01-14-2010, 06:22 PM
Hope you have a speedy recovery Rob..take it easy on those ribs and get back to health!
As for the bunny slope...I remember doing something similar about 5 years ago while *learning* to snow board.
I skied growing up in Canada so thought it would be easy - but man did I hit hard...I think I heard the mountain laughing back at me...maybe it was just my kids, but it sounded like the mountain :oops:

ShadowBolt
01-14-2010, 06:28 PM
JJ - Who you calling old there pops!

The guy that fell and broke a rib (s).
I didn't fall.
JJ

Alien
01-14-2010, 07:06 PM
Can we have the outside of T1 at Hallet renamed "Rob's Bunny Slope"?

I'm all for Rob's dad running for Team Liebbe (assuming Rob can't drive).

Rob... Glad to hear you will survive. Get off your butt and make it to Houston anyway.
I agree on both counts wik the guy who played pirate and showed up at the following event 2 weeks later!

AllZWay
01-14-2010, 08:44 PM
I agree on both counts wik the guy who played pirate and showed up at the following event 2 weeks later!

VERY funny.... :x

David Love AI27
01-14-2010, 09:14 PM
He is okay (on pain meds)

Got any extra "meds"??? I'll cancel trip to Rolex 24... for some extra meds!!

Rob Liebbe
01-14-2010, 10:13 PM
No dice David, us old guys need our meds.

PS - It was not the bunny slope - it was Roundhouse at Winter Park. Seems aptly named all of a sudden. Blue slope that hadn't been groomed and had hard packed snow on it. No powder to absorb the hit.

David Love AI27
01-15-2010, 12:21 AM
Feel good story for Rob:

Took daughter's extended cab Silverado with Neon 0f Doom attached on a car dolly down a "bunny slope" in Ft. Knox, Ky... jacked knived at bottom of hill, stopped 3 feet from M3 BMW convertible... blocked traffic for an hour trying to get untangled... no meds for relief...

ShadowBolt
01-15-2010, 09:16 AM
PS - It was not the bunny slope

I thought it sounded better to say it happened on the bunny slope.

Jerry

cjlmlml
01-15-2010, 09:47 AM

PS - It was not the bunny slope - it was Roundhouse at Winter Park. Seems aptly named all of a sudden. Blue slope that hadn't been groomed and had hard packed snow on it. No powder to absorb the hit.

Didnt we talk about you getting in shape at rookie day?

Rob Liebbe
01-15-2010, 09:57 AM

Didnt we talk about you getting in shape at rookie day?

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah.

Hood
01-15-2010, 10:43 AM
Don't know about the rest of you but I really would like to see Rob make the first event... maybe the handicap will be enough to slow him down so that I may be able to finish ahead of him. Hmmm, on second thought, the pain might make him 'drive angry' and just be that much faster...

Fbody383
01-15-2010, 01:04 PM
Don't know about the rest of you but I really would like to see Rob make the first event... maybe the handicap will be enough to slow him down so that I may be able to finish ahead of him. Hmmm, on second thought, the pain might make him 'drive angry' and just be that much faster...

I don't wish broken ribs on anybody, but I just want to see him laughing/crying trying to get in/out of the car.

Crumpacker
01-15-2010, 03:52 PM
Get better soon Rob! Broken ribs are the worst, Banff ski area in Canada gave me my first taste of 'em... along with a torn spleen. :oops:

I don't wish broken ribs on anybody, but I just want to see him laughing/crying trying to get in/out of the car.

The laughing/crying thing is the worst... something funny goes down so you and all your friends start laughing; only your laughing is met with unbelievable pain which makes your friends laugh at you, which makes you laugh, which brings more pain... ... it's a vicious cycle.

cjlmlml
01-15-2010, 05:01 PM
A woman gets on a bus with her baby. The bus driver says: “That’s the ugliest baby that I’ve ever seen. Ugh!” The woman goes to the rear of the bus and sits down, fuming. She says to a man next to her: “The driver just insulted me!” The man says: “You go right up there and tell him off – go ahead, I’ll hold your monkey for you.”

Rob Liebbe
01-15-2010, 05:55 PM
A woman gets on a bus with her baby. The bus driver says: “That’s the ugliest baby that I’ve ever seen. Ugh!” The woman goes to the rear of the bus and sits down, fuming. She says to a man next to her: “The driver just insulted me!” The man says: “You go right up there and tell him off – go ahead, I’ll hold your monkey for you.”

Not even close.

What did one lesbian frog say to the other?

Hey, we do taste like chicken!

HoustonNW
01-16-2010, 03:39 PM
Sorry to hear ... get well soon ... yadda yadda.

So tell us about the cool helicoptor ride through the mountains! :D

Boudy
01-16-2010, 07:34 PM
Sorry to hear about that. Take care of yourself and get well soon.

rb

Rob Liebbe
01-16-2010, 07:53 PM
Sorry to hear ... get well soon ... yadda yadda.

So tell us about the cool helicoptor ride through the mountains! :D

No helicopter, lame ambulance ride without sirens.

Todd Covini
01-17-2010, 12:45 AM
Did you at least get a ride from the Ski Patrol taboggen?

Al Fernandez
01-17-2010, 03:45 AM
Just goes to show you racing is safer than hurtling yourself down a mountain! 8)

donovan
01-18-2010, 10:22 PM
Sounds like someone needs to declare a Team for 2010!!

DD

Rob Liebbe
01-19-2010, 09:14 AM
Back in Houston - ribs still hurt.

No toboggan ride. I knew I was hurt, but only sissies ride the toboggan. I fiished my run down the back side of the hill, rode a lift back up, then skiied back down the front. 45 minutes of blissful joy, especially the last 10 minutes. :roll:

No teams for me. I just want everyone else to give Wirtz a run for his money.