PDA

View Full Version : BlueFire Racing - Team Announcement

BlueFirePony
01-25-2010, 03:15 PM
PRESS RELEASE - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

January 25, 2010

BlueFire Racing is on the move ...

Just in time for the start of the 2010 American Iron/Camaro Mustang Challenge season, BlueFire Racing is pleased to announce that Clifton Winkleman will be joining the team.

Miata Marvel Winkleman has agreed to join the team to co-pilot the #404 BlueFirePony in the 2010 AI/X season. "It's quite a bit heavier than my Miata" said Winkleman. "And quieter too! Kinda wierd actually!" he mused. When asked if those comments implied he was having second thoughts, he stated "Heck no...the car is a chick magnet...I am in for all the photo opps!".

“We'll have our work cut out for us this season as BlueFirePony will be also serving as a trainer for my son and co-owner Kyri as he works to get his competition license this year” said Brian Calder, Co-Owner/Driver of BlueFireRacing. “Our second car is a bit behind schedule. With Clifton on the team, we can share driving and logistics duties."

When asked if he is giving up a share of the photo opportunities he had this to say, "What?".

The team will be working through the season to make BlueFirePony a more competitive car and have hinted that there are several "special projects" in the works. Rumors abound but co-owner Kyri Calder was heard commenting "I just hope we remember batteries for the cameras this year!".

The team announcement comes just before Round 1 at Mercedes-Benz Sugarland Raceway near Angleton, Texas January 30-31. “We are still working out driving schedules but both of us will be in the car during the weekend” insisted Winkleman.

"On a grander note, a major reason for us bringing Clifton on is his selfless interest in helping BlueFire Racing leverage our investment in motorsports into an Outreach program during the 2010 season. We hope this partnership will be the first successful step of many as we work to give back to our local communities." commented Calder. "We are convinced that no only is this approach good for the soul, but the activities we are planning will help drive a broader interest in grass roots club racing we are sure will result in higher car counts!" he declared.

"Details are still being worked out, but we are hoping to help drive at least one charity event during the season. Folks can check out our website or contact us directly if they are interested in helping or just curious." he added.

BlueFire Racing can be reached on BlueFireRacing.Com and also on Facebook.

Rob Liebbe
01-25-2010, 04:13 PM
Uhh...you have seen this video of Clifton driving a Camaro...haven't you?

http://www.vimeo.com/5314966

Just checking. 8)

michaelmosty
01-25-2010, 06:01 PM
My in-car video just has me laughing alot. :lol:
Congrats on the partnership guys!!!

David Love AI27
01-25-2010, 07:16 PM

Just checking. 8)

Don't worry, Brian... ANYONE can drive a Mustang... It takes mad skilz to drive a Camaro... Clifton should do fine...

cobra132
01-25-2010, 07:36 PM
Note to self: Get out in front of #404 and stay there.

David Love AI27
01-25-2010, 07:57 PM
Note to self: Get out in front of #404 and stay there.
unless the camera is rolling :twisted:

Rob Liebbe
01-25-2010, 08:22 PM

Just checking. 8)

Don't worry, Brian... ANYONE can drive a Mustang... It takes mad skilz to drive a Camaro... Clifton should do fine...

David - don't make me edit a back-to-back video of you doing the same spin off the course out of turn 4 at Eagles Canyon in 2008 and 2009 in two different Camaros. :D

mitchntx
01-25-2010, 08:36 PM
David has always driven very consistently ...

Al Fernandez
01-25-2010, 09:25 PM
Awesome matchup guys. I never thought I'd see Clifton driving a Ford, but I'm psyched to hear about the three of you working together!

David Love AI27
01-25-2010, 10:41 PM

Just checking. 8)

David - don't make me edit a back-to-back video of you doing the same spin off the course out of turn 4 at Eagles Canyon in 2008 and 2009 in two different Camaros. :D

To prove that it takes more skill to drive a Camaro!?!? :twisted:

oh wait

to prove I lack those skills... ok I got it now :oops:

HEY... I believe there is a flaw in the design of that turn that makes it impossible for me not to spin...

ps Thanks Mitch... I can always depends on your support... "DEPENDS"???... I feel like a "depends", always catchin' crap from Mitch...

kbrewmr2
01-25-2010, 10:52 PM
HEY... I believe there is a flaw in the design of that turn that makes it impossible for me not to spin...

:lol: all my car does is want to spin, so if I can make it through there no one has much of an excuse :wink: :P

BlueFirePony
01-25-2010, 11:21 PM
...HEY... I believe there is a flaw in the design of that turn that makes it impossible for me not to spin...

Hey, I am with you...Turn 4 is flawed and causes your Camaro to spin and T10 is flawed and causes my Mustang to do massive 360's toward T11.