PDA

View Full Version : Event #1 - MSR-H

Wirtz
01-31-2010, 10:02 PM
Woohoo! Great weekend and a blast to be back at the track. Looks like I got some good video so will try to edit it up this week.

But for now going to sit down, relax, and watch the 16 hours of Daytona 24 I recorded. I'm hoping to have it done by 11 tonight ;)

David Love AI27
01-31-2010, 10:24 PM
Thanks Professor Wirtz, for the "schoolin'"

I googled "gentleman racer" and found:

A well-mannered and considerate man with high standards of proper behavior.

Described Mr. Wirtz, perfectly

MikeP99Z
02-01-2010, 01:02 AM
Results:

http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=503250

Al Fernandez
02-01-2010, 08:04 AM
I could only stay Saturday so I missed the madness Sunday as well as the NASA awards Saturday night...but even my shortened weekend was SO awesome. I cant describe how proud I am to be part of this group.

Thanks to Frank R for the jacket without which I would've been even colder

Thanks to Jerry J for the driving shoes without which I would've been in real trouble

Thanks to Glenn for showing up without a car to run the show

And thanks to all of you that were there for the clean but stupid fast racing and all the fun in the paddock.

NickV
02-01-2010, 08:27 AM
I had a great time this weekend. Lots of great racing and lots of great friends.

Dave F, you are a fast mofo! 8)

Thanks to Sam and Wade for the extra ballast, and to Frank R for some fab material for my car.

This group rocks!!

AllZWay
02-01-2010, 09:22 AM
I had a blast racing with CM...but the cold temps really sucked.

It is time to get to work on the car for Cresson now. :twisted:

cmarvel
02-01-2010, 10:33 AM
James, the pleasure was all mine. Thanks to everyone for a good clean competitive weekend!

michaelmosty
02-01-2010, 11:10 AM
Awesome weekend!!!!
Great racing all around with amazing battles with Jeremiah, Al, and Chris. I have in-car from all 4 races and GoPro from R2 w/ Al in front. Now I need to get off my butt and do some editing.

BTW, waking up at 3:30 this morning to go throw newspapers sucked ass!! :lol:

GlennCMC70
02-01-2010, 12:00 PM
Results:

Do not use those results from R1 for Toyo Bucks. I'll corect a copy i have and link it to the site.

Fbody383
02-01-2010, 12:13 PM
I have been waiting for this weekend.

And thanks to all of you that were there for the clean but stupid fast racing and all the fun in the paddock.

Dave F, you are a fast mofo!

I'll take "quick" for now... Mosty and Wirtz just stoopid fast.

BlueFirePony
02-01-2010, 12:37 PM
Considering how it ended I still enjoyed the weekend a lot.

I am going to focus on eventually making it out of T1 in the same position I start the race in! God may have parted the red sea but Al, Michael, Jeremiah and a few others parted the AI anti-vortex I created for them nicely on R1 start (seriously - I've done launches hundreds of times and never spun that bad!). And yes, my goal is no off-track excursions at Cresson.

The two goals I had for the weekend were to get Kyri some serious seat time in the car (check! he had a blast and made great improvement each sesson - he really enjoys hanging around you guys so thanks for making him feel welcome!) and to get Clifton enough time in the car in different settings to get a baseline on the car for comparison (check! We have our list - damn February is a short month - but we'll Git 'er done!)

It was a weekend of firsts!

First time towing the car to MSR-Houston instead of driving it there.
First suspension failure - I still think Clifton running a 1:52 with no right front strut is amazing :shock: Maybe it was the -10 degrees of camber that helped :roll:
First time NOT getting a ticket on the way back - my positive nature sees that as having saved $200 for suspension fix ;)
First time having a teammate - BlueFire Racing is on the move - uhmmm, once we get the car fixed :oops:
First time Kyri has run two days straight - huge + for his progression
First DNF - doh!
First time seeing Blue Collar Comedy in person - all new material....Larry's bits on Al Gore/Global warming, Ford vs Dodge and Hillary Clinton were great!)
First time I missed Saturday night - I think we need a Friday night AND Saturday night at Cresson so I can make that up ;)

Crumpacker
02-01-2010, 01:45 PM
Excellent Weekend!!!

I definately learned alot and you guys reconfirmed what a great group AI/CMC is... perfect example -- 10min after winning R3, Michael was under my car helping me drop my fuel tank! Without his help and Frank's parts bin I would have missed R4 for sure.

I also learned I need to add some blue to my paint scheme; Dave Francis was blazing fast in those new colors! I've got 30hp on him and could barely keep up. I finally managed some 48s on Sunday and I was still 3 seconds off the CMC2 leaders' pace... you guys are crazy fast!

For anyone that missed my last lap battle with Jay in R1, the outcome explains how tight the racing was:

Total Time:
Jordan - 21:32.093
Me - 21:32.096
:shock:

http://cafephoto.smugmug.com/NASA-MSRH-1-2010/Group-D/Sat-PM1/11112027_B4zkk#778438643_BH5u9

http://cafephoto.smugmug.com/NASA-MSRH-1-2010/Group-D/Sat-PM1/11112027_B4zkk#778438605_t4MyF

See ya'll at Cresson!

Wirtz
02-01-2010, 04:04 PM
First suspension failure - I still think Clifton running a 1:52 with no right front strut is amazing :shock: Maybe it was the -10 degrees of camber that helped :roll:

I think I caught it on video, I remember seeing the RF flopping around at one point. Will try to make time to edit through all the video soon.

GlennCMC70
02-01-2010, 09:23 PM
Results:

Do not use those results from R1 for Toyo Bucks. I'll corect a copy i have and link it to the site.

Working on getting a new corrected upload to My Laps. Thanks to Mrs Patterson and Corn.

GlennCMC70
02-01-2010, 09:37 PM
Should be corrected. The finish is not a DQ even thought its posted on the results that way. It was the only way to "fix" it today. We will work harder at correcting results prior to calling them "official".

marshall_mosty
02-02-2010, 07:01 AM
I talked to Michael througout the weekend to check on how things were going and as he was driving home he said that several asked where I was and how the car rebuild was going...

Now I have a fire lit under my ass and Michael and I are going to have a few weekend thrash sessions to get the car back together so I can make Cresson. I miss the driver's seat too much and this 9 month hiatus is just too long.

See you fools at MSR-C!!

ShadowBolt
02-02-2010, 08:28 AM
I talked to Michael througout the weekend to check on how things were going and as he was driving home he said that several asked where I was and how the car rebuild was going...

Now I have a fire lit under my ass and Michael and I are going to have a few weekend thrash sessions to get the car back together so I can make Cresson. I miss the driver's seat too much and this 9 month hiatus is just too long.

See you fools at MSR-C!!

Good news Marshall!

JJ

David Love AI27
02-02-2010, 12:26 PM

See you fools at MSR-C!!

I feel you brother... just like you, I spent alot of time setting up a car for my son... LOL... Time to get back to racing...

Alien
02-02-2010, 03:51 PM
On old (5 1/2 event) R888's for Saturday and old (5 1/2 event) RA1's for Sunday, I still managed to better my laptimes from last year.

My trick? Find a rabbit to chase! I had a blast the weekend!

David Love AI27
02-02-2010, 04:06 PM
My trick? Find a rabbit to chase!

I'm your Huckleberry!!

kbrewmr2
02-02-2010, 04:38 PM
How much time did you drop Gary?

(KB, who dropped 5.7sec and change, newer tires help though)

BlueFirePony
02-02-2010, 04:55 PM
I added 4 seconds to my best time :(

Didn't even break the 1:50 mark. I got nothing for excuses ...I had plenty of rabbits to chase, car was running fine, tires were great, brakes were phenominal.
I think the fates conspired against me for not doing the BBQ Saturday night...won't make that mistake at Cresson ;)

michaelmosty
02-02-2010, 05:14 PM
I think the fates conspired against me for not doing the BBQ Saturday night...won't make that mistake at Cresson ;)
SWEET!!! That is just extra to look forward to. :D

Hood
02-02-2010, 05:48 PM
My trick? Find a rabbit to chase!

Hippity Hop mofo... :lol:

AllZWay
02-02-2010, 07:36 PM
Good news Marshall!

JJ

I agree...

HoustonNW
02-02-2010, 08:50 PM
As a 2011 Rookie (at the latest!), I'm watching with interest the results this year.

So, first weekend at MSRH, the guy that only cleans and polishes his car and even admits that he doesn't remember the last time he made a setup change pulls off the hat trick plus one.

And our own Franz Klammer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVMJKIx34SE), who was my coach at Rookie Day, told me that he hasn't touched his car for a year or two.

So what is my first impression? Well maybe that, like golf, you can't just buy a game. :( And I gave up golf for this!

David Love AI27
02-02-2010, 09:38 PM
admits that he doesn't remember the last time he made a setup change

I call BS.... Tire pressures are part of "setup" and a pound or two here and there change how a car handles...

It is true however after MANY events of tuning you can get a car to your liking... just like a set of clubs...

my Dad had a very old set of "blades" in a 30 year old bag, he liked nothing better that to play someone with a set of high dollar Pings and $300 driver... they would out drive him and place their 2nd shot past hole leaving a tricky down hill lie 10 feet from the hole he would leave a much longer putt but it would be below the hole so he could attack it agressively and if he didn't sink it he would at least leave a gimme, their putt would be tentative and if they didn't sink it it would run way past the hole... the "gamesmanship" of racing is no different that golf...

Now go get that car ready for the next event...

HoustonNW
02-02-2010, 11:29 PM
Now go get that car ready for the next event...

Not sure what site it was, as I toiled with the decision to cut up the '07 for CMC2, but someone said [u]the first cut is the deepest[/b] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lZYAaQoks8).

Now that I think about it David, you and Rod look a little alike, no?

:D

David Love AI27
02-02-2010, 11:49 PM

YEP.. we BOTH look old and wrinkled...

built race cars are cheap right now... think about buying one before butchering a nice street car... it is always nice to take a street legal car up to TWS for a litltle fun...

ps. what do you think of my comparison with golf? My Grandfather was clubmaster of Prestwick Golf Course :shock:

David Love AI27
02-03-2010, 12:04 AM
ps. what do you think of my comparison with golf? My Grandfather was clubmaster of Prestwick Golf Course :shock:

for you golf fans:

http://www.prestwickgc.co.uk/clubhouse.html

HoustonNW
02-03-2010, 12:20 AM
built race cars are cheap right now... think about buying one before butchering a nice street car... it is always nice to take a street legal car up to TWS for a litltle fun...

David, I love you man. You prolly don't remember doing a half HPDE session with me, and then driving my car for the other half (and I have to get that full weight S197 to 2:01 - dammit). I've done at least 35 days at TWS, so I might be past the taking my car up for fun, no?

I was also allowed join the CMC/2 "rookie day", even though I was more of a potential rookie.

Regarding used race cars, I've looked at the cars online, I've done the math, and I think that I can convert my car to CMC2 cheaper than buying, given my free labor.

I'm at the TWS Motorsports Club event on Feb 13th, white '07 Mustang, if you have some time.

BlueFirePony
02-03-2010, 12:38 AM
If you need a car to compare with let me know - I'd be happy to share what I've learned building this car - particularly for the cage as there are not that many S197 built cages in Texas.

David Love AI27
02-03-2010, 01:09 AM
David, I love you man. You prolly don't remember doing a half HPDE session with me, and then driving my car for the other half (and I have to get that full weight S197 to 2:01 - dammit). I've done at least 35 days at TWS, so I might be past the taking my car up for fun, no?

I was also allowed join the CMC/2 "rookie day", even though I was more of a potential rookie.

Regarding used race cars, I've looked at the cars online, I've done the math, and I think that I can convert my car to CMC2 cheaper than buying, given my free labor.

I'm at the TWS Motorsports Club event on Feb 13th, white '07 Mustang, if you have some time.

Misty texted me and asked me to work that weekend... I will for sure, now... send her a message and ask for me

I love the power of the 197s but they ARE pigs... I'm in Tomball and out of work so I have WAY too much time on my hands as you can see by my posts... I'd rather be helping get another racer on the track...

plus a little golf never hurts now and then... Heron Lakes is cheap and High Meadows is a fun challange or the par 3 at Jones and 1960 which is open at night...

michaelmosty
02-03-2010, 08:57 AM

built race cars are cheap right now...
Agreed, if you are going to buy one, now is the perfect time!!

mitchntx
02-03-2010, 09:08 AM

You have to be SO careful, though.

A car that is advertised as "sorted and a podium finisher" has all kinds of stuff done to it that makes the new owner scratch his head and say "WTF was that guy thinking?"

Un-doing and then re-doing can be quite expensive.

GlennCMC70
02-03-2010, 09:13 AM
Mitch is right. The key is if you can provide the labor. Once you start farming out all the work, thats when its better to buy one already completed.
Most shops charge $75 to $175 per hour labor. A minimum NASA legal cage is gonna run you $2K to $3K.

mitchntx
02-03-2010, 09:30 AM
I good for instance is making a cage legal for CMC (or AI).

Ask Mike P.

A simple "remove my T2 cage and install a better engineered cage" took weeks and weeks to complete. Granted, it was on-again/off-again work, but the dominoe effect that ensued was staggering.

Mike owes Glenn and I millions of dollars. :shock: :lol:

GlennCMC70
02-03-2010, 10:29 AM
And dinner.

David Love AI27
02-03-2010, 12:08 PM
You have to be SO careful, though.

A car that is advertised as "sorted and a podium finisher" has all kinds of stuff done to it that makes the new owner scratch his head and say "WTF was that guy thinking?"

Yep... I been doin' lots of head scratchin' lately...

rleng1
02-03-2010, 01:42 PM
But you have the piece of mind that it is done right.

Jrod
02-03-2010, 07:49 PM

But where are all these cars hiding? I found one in San Francisco on the CMC site. Not that I'm adverse to that kind of effort to get a car, I'm just not finding many to 'shop around'. Converting my street car isn't out of the question either. Of note regarding my search: I like Mustangs.

On topic: I can't wait to watch some video and make zoomie noises on the couch.

mitchntx
02-03-2010, 08:33 PM
On topic: I can't wait to watch some video and make zoomies on the couch.

Well, you'll clean it up!

BryanL
02-03-2010, 09:20 PM

But where are all these cars hiding? I found one in San Francisco on the CMC site. Not that I'm adverse to that kind of effort to get a car, I'm just not finding many to 'shop around'. Converting my street car isn't out of the question either. Of note regarding my search: I like Mustangs.

On topic: I can't wait to watch some video and make zoomie noises on the couch.

Jared-please explain your Avatar-I like it. Gives me the idea for an x ray of mine.

Jrod
02-03-2010, 09:39 PM
Bryan, that's my right clavicle, as modified in November '09. The orthopedic surgeon gave me a CD of the x-ray files post-op. Unfortunately, I don't have the broken shot; that one's rather impressive. My former Z06 and I had a disagreement with the pit wall at Grand Sport Speedway in October. Minus Z06, plus stainless steel plate and screws. I'll stick to Mustangs and LeMons cars for a while...

BryanL
02-03-2010, 09:50 PM
Bryan, that's my right clavicle, as modified in November '09. The orthopedic surgeon gave me a CD of the x-ray files post-op. Unfortunately, I don't have the broken shot; that one's rather impressive. My former Z06 and I had a disagreement with the pit wall at Grand Sport Speedway in October. Minus Z06, plus stainless steel plate and screws. I'll stick to Mustangs and LeMons cars for a while...

Cool. Look forward to meeting you and hearing the whole story. I have some titanium in my eye socket so now I stay away from fast boats Don't have any x rays of that though I have another decent one.
If you are looking for a car PM me.

way2neary
02-03-2010, 10:21 PM
Hey Wayne,

Ok, I'm just rookie-boy here, so take my opinion for what it's worth... As I think you know, I just picked up the Orange AI car... The previous owner continuously mentioned how he had several buddies who entered the AI series at the same time he did. Each chose separate paths, some picked up a body-in-white, others built their own cars, while he purchase a seasoned racer. He had mentioned that the "buy a racer" path was far more productive for him compared to his buddies because he was able to hit the circuit quickly without having to tune the car. Meanwhile, his buddies were working out the kinks and tuning their ground-up builds and weren't competitive until a couple of years went by... My takeaway, for your first ride, buy a car, learn to drive it, see if you're competitive, upgrade later if you think you've got the mojo. For what it's worth, that's my plan. If I ain't got the mojo, I can keep the car for fun or sell it without completely trashing my beautifully maintained street car.

Here's a link to a guy willing to take an '05 trade for his car, if you're interested in looking into it... If you need someone to ride with to pick it up, I've got the trailer and will reserve the weekend to go get it with you...

http://www.nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=32208

Here's another FOX body:

http://www.nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=26292

I was also conversing with another guy who had a FOX body racer. I can check with him to see if he's still got it... It was a super clean car and was my second choice to my recent purchase.

Later,

Dave Neary
Orange AI #23

Wirtz
02-04-2010, 01:48 AM
Ok, made some time finally to finish up a video from the weekend. I always thought the "Rockstar" video Mitch made a few years back was very cool, so he is a stab at a weekend highlight video.

http://vimeo.com/9198622

DF - notice anything leaving your car at one point?

mitchntx
02-04-2010, 07:35 AM
Well played ... 8)

Has someone checked that 39 car for NAWZ?
Francis looks a little racey ....

cmarvel
02-04-2010, 10:10 AM
Great video! Anyone have any more of my "indiscretion" near the beginning of Jeff's video?

Fbody383
02-04-2010, 11:31 AM
DF - notice anything leaving your car at one point?
If you hadn't loosened up the torque arm bracket... Between racing you and pitting next to Mosty, the car was just scared - looking for a way out.

Has someone checked that 39 car for NAWZ? Must be the Mo Pah! exhaust. Or the Orange.

So, uh.. you want me to go down one restrictor plate size, like you recommended?

Now that I have the H.264 codec unlocked in Pinnacle, I hope to get some "is Wirtz really behind me?" video up soon.

David Love AI27
02-04-2010, 11:43 AM
So, uh.. you want me to go down one restrictor plate size, like you recommended?

You better make sure you have the right plate in before Cresson... protest form and money order are in my briefcase....

mitchntx
02-04-2010, 11:48 AM

Yes, thanks ... I would appreciate that.

Wow ... what a great group of folks ...

BlueFirePony
02-04-2010, 03:26 PM
Great highlights Jeff.
I think we know where the right front let go...kinda wide on T1 eh!?

Wirtz
02-04-2010, 03:44 PM
Yeah, I remember going by the car, I think right after the launch, and the right front was bouncing around like crazy, the car was at low speed at that point. Did it limp around to the pits or am I in a total fog? I checked the video but could not pick it up with that field of view...

Looking forward to seeing some more videos. It helps the good weekend feeling last longer into the week :)

Waco Racer
02-04-2010, 04:50 PM
Do you have a clip of the car coming out of the left hander at the Bus Stop where I ran over the rumble strips? I can't remember if it was 1/2 lap before or after the Turn 1 push off.

Wirtz
02-04-2010, 05:06 PM
I'll check. Confirm for me which race it was?

Al Fernandez
02-04-2010, 06:09 PM
Are you kidding? You sure you dont want to own the 2010 season video? That is awesome!

Jared...looks like your doc needs a hand in drilling holes straight :lol:

Waco Racer
02-04-2010, 06:49 PM
I'll check. Confirm for me which race it was?

Race 3

Alien
02-04-2010, 07:23 PM
Dunno where to put this, but I noticed that we had a pace car for our standing starts... Is there a reason I'm unaware of for this or can this be dropped next event?

michaelmosty
02-04-2010, 07:32 PM
Dunno where to put this, but I noticed that we had a pace car for our standing starts... Is there a reason I'm unaware of for this or can this be dropped next event?
I questioned that after Saturday also. This seems silly to have a pace car.
An out lap at 75%, burnouts, then the standing start would save enough time for an additional lap.

Wirtz
02-04-2010, 08:50 PM
Do you have a clip of the car coming out of the left hander at the Bus Stop where I ran over the rumble strips? I can't remember if it was 1/2 lap before or after the Turn 1 push off.

Ok, from what I can see, the car pulls up broken many laps after the push off at T1 I showed in my video. I did not see any major curb action prior to the push off at T1.

Then many laps go by (4 or 5) before the cars breaks sometime after Bus Stop. I didn't have the wide angle lens on the camera, so the time when you were at the exit of the left hander, the camera didn't have you in frame as I was in the right hander before it. I then see you very wide in the Keyhole, I assume something is already wrong at that point. Then approaching the Launch, I can see the right front bounching up and down very fast when I play it in slow mo. Kind of cool actually. The tire is completely bouncing up off the ground in the right hander prior to the Launch.

If you like PM me an email addy and I can try to shrink that part of the lap down enough for email.... wait, errrr, or should I be sending video files to Brian ;)

BlueFirePony
02-05-2010, 01:58 AM
Then approaching the Launch, I can see the right front bounching up and down very fast when I play it in slow mo. Kind of cool actually. The tire is completely bouncing up off the ground in the right hander prior to the Launch.

If you like PM me an email addy and I can try to shrink that part of the lap down enough for email.... wait, errrr, or should I be sending video files to Brian ;)
I don't think I want to see it :shock:

chicane23
02-05-2010, 10:57 AM
Congratulations on a successful weekend everyone!

I heard the Sports Center version and sounds like it was a bit cold, but some great racing.

Good luck at Cresson.

Todd Covini
02-07-2010, 01:34 PM
Please send all your weekend race clips to:

Jeff Wirtz
555 Vimeo St.
Annual Video, TX 77221

That was awesome....you're already 1/6th of the way there!!!

-=- Todd

Al Fernandez
02-07-2010, 03:06 PM
Here are some highlights from my R1...watching Michael and Jeremiah slowly pull away :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhHf7sxO0IA

Al Fernandez
02-07-2010, 10:37 PM
Here is my view of R2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ox6guakx4M

jeremiahkellam
02-07-2010, 11:07 PM
Get some...

http://www.vimeo.com/9284437

crazyamc
02-08-2010, 10:45 AM
Looking forward to meeting more great people and seeing more great racing at Cresson, which is coming up soon I think.... This forum still has the 08 and 09 calender on it....... just something for whoever to do in all that free time which we all have so much of.... Thanks, Ken

Wirtz
02-08-2010, 11:09 AM
Sweet! Now this thread is getting somewhere...

AllZWay
02-08-2010, 12:07 PM
Get some...

http://www.vimeo.com/9284437

Good stuff Jeremiah...except for the beating me badly stuff. :lol:

Wirtz
02-08-2010, 12:38 PM
I don't know, that was a pretty sweet slide going into the Bus Stop.

BlueFirePony
02-09-2010, 07:34 AM
I don't know, that was a pretty sweet slide going into the Bus Stop.Yep! JP making it look easy with style!!

Wirtz
02-10-2010, 09:38 PM
So JP, Michael, Dave F, what's up? Where the videos? Anyone else? Must have been some more cameras out there rolling... Help! My weekend buzz is gone :(

Greg_FW
02-10-2010, 11:19 PM
I think the production quality that Jeremiah posted might intimidate others... awesome!

jeremiahkellam
02-11-2010, 08:24 AM
I'd like to thank the Academy... and Mr. Wirtz, he is my inspiration.

:lol:

AllZWay
02-11-2010, 08:56 AM
Unfortunately, I was too lazy to run my camera. Between instructing and racing I don't seem to have a lot of time to set it up.

Too bad also ...the two orange cars trying to mate probably would have been good video from my perspective. :shock:

BlueFirePony
02-11-2010, 09:51 AM
My video sux - unless you are interested in the humor of seeing me botch a standing start or spend 2 minutes getting unstuck.
Oh wait...my mistake...my driving sux...video is fine. I'll post something this weekend.

michaelmosty
02-11-2010, 10:03 AM
I have all 4 of my videos on my computer now, just need to edit them. Hope to do it tonight.

Fbody383
02-11-2010, 12:25 PM
So JP, Michael, Dave F, what's up? Where the videos? Anyone else?

I hate Pinnacle 12.1. I made my rookie year end but the audio kept skipping after render.

Same thing with MSRH - I have race 1, in HD baby, but need to try the Cyberlink product I guess.

Here's (http://vimeo.com/9228003)the VERY abbreviated version that proves Wirtz had to pass me, either for position or as lapped traffic.

Psst - I also heard from a littlie birdie there's at least a draft race report floating around cyberspace.

mitchntx
02-11-2010, 12:56 PM
I hate Pinnacle 12.1. I made my rookie year end but the audio kept skipping after render.

Same thing with MSRH - I have race 1, in HD baby, but need to try the Cyberlink product I guess.

GoPro video, right? Frustrating ain't it.

First of all, check the audio sample rate. I'm not familiar with P12, but Premeire converts (conforms) the original audio rate to a rate it can handle.

Next, check to see if your original recording is DF (19.97 fps) or NDF (30 fps) and then see if P12 is editing in DF or NDF. Make them match.

Finally, export at a lower quality (bit/rate) and see if the problem persists.

Edit:

That's 29.97 ...

Fbody383
02-11-2010, 01:50 PM

Almost as bad... Aiptek .MOV.

I got some tips from Wirtz and just haven't had time to try 'em out.

But yes, frustrating. Maybe a $10k full Avid pro box for my birthday?

BlueFirePony
02-11-2010, 02:13 PM

Almost as bad... Aiptek .MOV.

I got some tips from Wirtz and just haven't had time to try 'em out.

But yes, frustrating. Maybe a $10k full Avid pro box for my birthday?
When we get our video game done maybe we can roll an EOY video into post-production... uhmm 2012 season? Maybe 2011 if I get off my ass and get some code written (wifey and team are moving on the graphics...but it is SOOOOO much work!)

Wirtz
02-11-2010, 03:30 PM
What I really like about the highlight videos is you get to know something about everyones music preferences :) I havn't heard that song in a LONG time.

Now, someone tell me why my car was smoking like that (no, not in a good sense of "smokin'!"). Maybe has something to do with all the oil I found under the car....

Look out Duece, me maybes needs to put Mr LT1 in sooner than planned. :twisted:

Todd Covini
02-11-2010, 10:08 PM
Great videos Jeff & Jeremiah! The bar is getting raised!!!
Man...you guys are racing hard...I thought JP was gone more than a few times but "he's still there!!!" and making it around.

Too cool...see you guys at Cresson!

-=- Todd

mitchntx
02-11-2010, 10:14 PM
Look out Duece, me maybes needs to put Mr LT1 in sooner than planned. :twisted:

You see what a LAW MS LT1 did for Francis ...

michaelmosty
02-11-2010, 11:50 PM
http://vimeo.com/9393842

Sorry, I'm too lazy to put music to the video.
I'll try to keep my lobster toes to myself. 8)

jeremiahkellam
02-12-2010, 08:35 AM
Good vids, what's wrong with your steering wheel?? You keep pushing at something...

I wish I had vid when my shifter broke in that first race

mitchntx
02-12-2010, 09:15 AM
Good vids, what's wrong with your steering wheel?? You keep pushing at something...

I noticed that as well.

Also, it usually occurs after a slow turn, in traffic and followed by an amazing burst of speed. :lol:

I LOLed at 3 wide exiting T5 ...

AllZWay
02-12-2010, 09:36 AM
I don't know, that was a pretty sweet slide going into the Bus Stop.

meh...Cold tires, new rear brakes = bad combination. :P

michaelmosty
02-12-2010, 10:21 AM
Man, first my lobster toes, now y'all make fun of my little right hand tick. :lol:

I was blown away James made it stick going through the sweeper, it was a slick move! 8)

Al Fernandez
02-12-2010, 11:14 AM
Man your guy's videos make mine look positively boring.

James...un-fucking-believable. That was serious big balls driving.

Here's the best video though...
http://vimeo.com/9377621

David Love AI27
02-12-2010, 11:22 AM
now y'all make fun of my little ***** **** *ick. :lol:

Your little WHAT?? it didn't come through on my computer.... let me guess... "micro tiny d" ???

AllZWay
02-12-2010, 12:34 PM
I was blown away James made it stick going through the sweeper, it was a slick move! 8)

"perfectly matched tires, staggered just right.... Cole you can stick." :lol:

jeremiahkellam
02-12-2010, 06:50 PM

I noticed that as well.

Also, it usually occurs after a slow turn, in traffic and followed by an amazing burst of speed. :lol:

I thought he was honking the horn! :lol:

David Love AI27
02-12-2010, 10:16 PM

I noticed that as well.

I thought he was honking the horn! :lol:

I do it too... because it is the only way I can see the oil pressure guage..

Fbody383
02-13-2010, 10:47 PM
In theory, the full Race 1 video will be here: http://www.vimeo.com/9435088

New music for Prof. Wirtz curtesy of his Brother in Duece, M-M-M-Mosty.

Orange is fast!

Wirtz
02-14-2010, 05:03 PM
Noice!

BlueFirePony
02-14-2010, 05:38 PM
I'll post something this weekend.
Got most of the editing done but ran out of time...having to catch flight tonight instead of tomorrow....I'll get it done when I return...I was working on a slo mo segment after my off ...kind of a salute to the cars passing me ;)

jeremiahkellam
02-14-2010, 10:12 PM
Love the still shots mixed in David. I was thinking about getting more video form the paddock to splice in next time.

Fbody383
02-14-2010, 10:19 PM
Love the still shots mixed in David. I was thinking about getting more video form the paddock to splice in next time.

I tried to take pics of every car in our group that weekend as a pre-Hallett practice. And tried to take some pics of the regular goings on. (Like the Director cleaning up the coffee he spilled in my car and then saying, "too bad you didn't get a picture of that." But I'm sure the coffee spill was my fault; orange is fast.) I have the same thought about video at random during the day.

James' comment is telling; when we have "spare" folks around we can see if they'll help turn on cameras and such.

Mitch, I used the Cyberlink Power Director trial version and it had zero issues with the .mov from the Aiptek. I haven't tried the transitions and some of the special effects yet though.

Crumpacker
02-15-2010, 11:14 PM
fashionably late:

http://vimeo.com/9483696

David Love AI27
02-15-2010, 11:33 PM
fashionably late:

Thats what you were doing yesterday.... you're forgivin'......

Todd Covini
02-16-2010, 12:49 AM
fashionably late:

Deter from Sprockets likes it!!! Yes! Yes!!
http://goodgreasyeats.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/Snl89188.jpg

mitchntx
02-16-2010, 06:52 AM
"Insert sponsor text here."

Al Fernandez
02-16-2010, 08:37 AM
Awesome job Sam and David. Those are just great.

By the way, whatever configuration James has that makes it shoot flames out whenever he lifts is getting written into the rules next year as mandatory! :lol: Thats the coolest.

Crumpacker
02-16-2010, 09:54 AM
"Insert sponsor text here."

last minute addition after watching jeramiah's vid... just jealousy really. :)

AllZWay
02-16-2010, 10:26 AM
By the way, whatever configuration James has that makes it shoot flames out whenever he lifts is getting written into the rules next year as mandatory! :lol: Thats the coolest.

I wished I knew too... other than PIG rich. :evil:

Wirtz
02-16-2010, 10:28 AM
Great video Sam! Lots of good stuff in there, I really liked Boudy playing on the curbs a bunch ;)

Fire! Goooodddd!!!

Fbody383
02-16-2010, 11:27 AM
fashionably late:http://vimeo.com/9483696
Dude... SWEET!

Ditto on the Proctor Spy Hunter Flame Thrower; Al I think you can pick that up at KaleCo.

I keep watching everybody else's videos and thinking, "gave up time there, and there, and I'm not so good at that..." Watching Wirtz from race 3 I now know why I was feeling stalked.

Loved the 5 car Duece Train at the end; Hallett is going to rock!

Alien
02-16-2010, 11:30 AM
Meanwhile, 1 1/2 minutes behind everyone else, Nick, Hood, and myself found a way to keep ourselves entertained in the Third Gen Challenge class. :D

Saturday: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ix1Q0JQ5Nj0
(forgot the rubber isolator on the camera mount)

Sunday: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLAzmN3e_GU

cobra132
02-16-2010, 03:20 PM
Hummmm, ?pass under yellow?

Wirtz
02-16-2010, 05:10 PM
Some great action in there, could see everyone was trying really hard.

And cool that Gary R is a talker in the car :)

mitchntx
02-16-2010, 06:09 PM
Saturday: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ix1Q0JQ5Nj0
(forgot the rubber isolator on the camera mount)

Was that a congratulatory sneeze at 2:10 after passing two cars in the thin air?

Please don't describe what the inside of your face shield looked like. That OK ...

Driving angry at 2:30

jeremiahkellam
02-16-2010, 08:46 PM
"Son of a" WHAT!?!?!

That's awesome.

Alien
02-17-2010, 05:01 PM
"Son offa Mitch"... new easy going guy, white F-body, clean racer, just trying to come up wik a nickname for Nick.

Al Fernandez
02-17-2010, 05:44 PM
Gary that is awesome video. How cool is it to go lap after lap after lap racing that hard with your friends? Doesnt matter the position you're fighting for...its a fight everywhere!

mitchntx
02-17-2010, 07:26 PM
"Son offa Mitch"

Why son of a Al ... after all, he nailed you in the rear on grid.

nasa-rm
02-18-2010, 09:21 AM
"Son offa Mitch"

Just a good series director making sure the camera was securely attached. :P

mitchntx
02-18-2010, 01:20 PM
... thick as thieves, you are ...

8)

David Love AI27
02-18-2010, 01:33 PM
"Son offa Mitch"

Just a good series director making sure the camera was securely attached. :P

Wasn't Al still on probation????? Things that make you go UMMMM??

BlueFirePony
02-19-2010, 05:28 PM
Finally got time to render this out. I really need to remember to get both cameras rolling during sessions...not a lot of footage this time.

Large file warning...just uploaded and did not compress much...

Probably best to download and watch locally or you can wait for it to buffer a bunch

http://www.bluefireracing.com/assets/media/2010Round1MSR-H.wmv

Al Fernandez
02-22-2010, 09:11 PM
For your reading enjoyment...http://www.camaromustangchallenge.com/reportstx.html

Wirtz
02-22-2010, 09:22 PM
Very cool. Thanks for getting it written and posted.

Jeff

Fbody383
02-22-2010, 09:48 PM
Nice! Why is there a fourth gen in that CMC field.

Ok; I owe you a beer.

MOSTY! Pass Al a cold one.

michaelmosty
02-22-2010, 10:11 PM
The CMC2 results are a little off for Sunday.

David Love AI27
02-22-2010, 10:19 PM
Thanks Al... good job...
it is really nice to be able to send a link to our sponsors..

ShadowBolt
02-23-2010, 08:48 AM
A virus tried to load when I followed the link to the write-up.

JJ

AllZWay
02-23-2010, 07:32 PM
The CMC2 results are a little off for Sunday.

I am glad I am not the only one that thought that. I was wondering where Al got those results from. :lol:

Al Fernandez
02-23-2010, 09:49 PM
WTF!? :lol: So much for my editing skills...
I sent a revised version to Brad to publish, sorry guys.