PDA

View Full Version : Carbotech certificates expired

ShadowBolt
02-08-2010, 04:56 PM
Looks like I screwed up. I was given three $30.00 off certificates for Carbotech brake pads at the awards banquet. I just went to order pads and they expired 12-31-09! $90.00 shot to hell. Who gave these to us and why would they only be good for a few weeks? Anyone else still have theirs?

JJ

michaelmosty
02-08-2010, 05:00 PM
IIRC, you could only use one $30 certificate for each purchase. When I heard that I didn't even consider using them. The crappy expiration date is just icing on the cake. :roll:

ShadowBolt
02-08-2010, 05:22 PM
IIRC, you could only use one $30 certificate for each purchase. When I heard that I didn't even consider using them. The crappy expiration date is just icing on the cake. :roll:

Talked to Tony G and he said don't worry about the date but he did not say anything about only one per purchase.

JJ

Wirtz
02-08-2010, 07:24 PM
Al and I talked about this at MSR-H. In my case, I questioned the date on them, was told it was ok, just send them in with a note. Which I did. The certs should have covered what I ordered but in my note I gave my info and said to contact me if there was a balance I needed to cover for shipping.

Never heard anything and no pads. I sent everything in right around Christmas. Al is aware and maybe has an update?

Jeff

AllZWay
02-08-2010, 07:50 PM
I called Carbotech... He didn't have a problem with the dates.

However, I bought enough sets to use them all.... I think it would have been cheaper to buy them all from Tony without using the certificates.

mitchntx
02-08-2010, 08:17 PM
I think it would have been cheaper to buy them all from Tony without using the certificates.

This

ShadowBolt
02-08-2010, 08:24 PM
I called Carbotech... He didn't have a problem with the dates.

However, I bought enough sets to use them all.... I think it would have been cheaper to buy them all from Tony without using the certificates.

Tony said I would have to use these by ordering direct from Carbotech. Even at the price he sells them for there is a lot of mark-up on brake pads. Also Tony told me he has turned over the selling of pads to David Donovan. David, same price as we have been paying from Tony?

JJ