PDA

View Full Version : Hallet Thread

cjlmlml
06-19-2006, 09:17 AM
OK, let er rip.

Wow what a weekend.

Any pics of the Saturday night margarita party ?

mitchntx
06-19-2006, 09:24 AM
OK, let er rip.

Wow what a weekend.

A few.

Now accepting "donations" to NOT upload them.

GlennCMC70
06-19-2006, 09:57 AM
OK, let er rip.

Wow what a weekend.

Margarita's!!!!! someone told me that was a slurpie machine!!!! :shock:

David Love AI27
06-19-2006, 10:21 AM
OK, let er rip.

Wow what a weekend.

Margarita's!!!!! someone told me that was a slurpie machine!!!! :shock:

Luckily, Boudy passed his test on Sunday morning, I don't think my blood/alcohol level was low enough to pass test...

gt40
06-19-2006, 10:23 AM
I'm sorry the Wife and I missed it, but I promised to take her out to a "nice" dinner.

We found an excellent Irish pub in Tulsa -- Black & Tans and steak!

michaelmosty
06-19-2006, 10:29 AM
Thanks to everyone for an exciting weekend!!!
I have WAY too much to say so I'll keep it short (for now).
First off, thanks to JB, Corey, Darin, Robert, and everyone else who helped with my vibration issue Sat. morning. It sounded like a chainsaw cutting through the car and with their help I was able to finish both Sat. races.
Most importantly, thanks to Jeff Burch for going over the track map with me Friday night. He gave some great tips regarding driving and said to "bail out right" "SHOULD" anything happen while braking into stop-sign. :(
As most of you know on lap 3 of race 3 on Sunday I had a total brake loss while heading into stop-sign. I was right behind Lewis (on the inside) and as soon as I stepped on the brakes I heard a pop and the pedal went to the floor. After the initial thought of shit, crap, f*&k, I remembered what JB mentioned on Friday to "bail out right". I cut the wheel to the right and went off, missing Daron by ~1", and went bouncing and spinning through the grass. Jerry did an awesome job and checked his mirror just before turn-in which gave me enough room to get through w/o contact. :shock: :shock:

I will hopefully post the video late today or tomorrow.

I will follow up this post later with one regarding brake lines!!! This is the second brake line failure I have experienced (the first was @ TWS last year on the warm-up lap (passenger side)). This failure was the drivers side and both lines broke in the same place. Both lines seperated right @ the caliper where the stainless-steel line connects to the fitting.
I am trying to find out all info. I can regarding these lines as I will be replacing every brake line on my car as well as throwing extra brand-new lines I have from discbrakesrus.com in the trash.
I will follow-up when I have more info.

BTW, awesome racing this weekend!!!

cjlmlml
06-19-2006, 10:32 AM
MYLAPS are posted.

I have an extra jack stand that either belongs to Jerry or Donovan?

Thanks to Jerry , Corey , and Donovan and everyone else for their help over the weekend.

Big thanks to R. Painter and son for help with yet another busted radiator.

This is getting annoying.

Later

macstang
06-19-2006, 10:45 AM
Thats Donovans jackstand, he was looking for it and figured yall picked it up by mistake.
The weekend was really cool, I'm glad I made the trip (as long as it was). I got home at 0430 after leaving at 1700. That is 730 miles, 11.5 hours, 104 gallons of gas, and no incidents!
I wouldnt think of driving that far to visit family, but i know yall are one cool bunch and are great to race with.
Cant wait til TWS.

AI#97
06-19-2006, 11:04 AM
MYLAPS are posted.

Thanks to Jerry , Corey , and Donovan and everyone else for their help over the weekend.

Big thanks to R. Painter and son for help with yet another busted radiator.

This is getting annoying.

Later

You busted ANOTHER radiator! Guess I should get off my arse and paypal you the money I owe you so you can get another huh!!! I'll get on it tonight! :lol:

donovan
06-19-2006, 11:18 AM
MYLAPS are posted.

Later

It's mine... just bring it to the next event...

Boudy
06-19-2006, 12:46 PM
Yep! "WOW" is the word. I would like to thank everyone for a great weekend. We had a terrific time and I finally got signed off to race in 3 and 4 on Sunday, which in itself, was awesome. Finished 7th and 5th from last. I realize it's not much, but I'm still silly giddy and slap happy.

I was really worried about bringing the auh, "Slurpie Machine" as I didn't know the group too well. Well, thanks again, everyone enjoyed responsibly with no problems. (not too sure about Scott's corner workers though, haha...) Which means I really feel comfortable bringing it to the next event.

Love: Get that axle replaced that you twisted (sorry, broke) because the 55 now has a full time driver. hehe...

Mosty: Awesome job sir. Hope you can get your panties unlodged sometime soon.

Cooke: Thanks for the Cool Shirt connector. I'll bring a new one to the next event.

Burch: Damn! That's about all I can say about your weekend.

Thanks to all who made fuel runs, ice runs, and everything else that makes this the group that it is.

Boudy

David Love AI27
06-19-2006, 05:43 PM
I will follow up this post later with one regarding brake lines!!! This is the second brake line failure I have experienced (the first was @ TWS last year on the warm-up lap (passenger side)). This failure was the drivers side and both lines broke in the same place. Both lines seperated right @ the caliper where the stainless-steel line connects to the fitting.
I am trying to find out all info. I can regarding these lines as I will be replacing every brake line on my car as well as throwing extra brand-new lines I have from discbrakesrus.com in the trash.
I will follow-up when I have more info.

Please update with contact information... as a fellow racer I want to send them my 2 cents for selling a crappy product... if that would have happened to Amber she would have hit either Daron or the tire wall or both and the results would not have been pretty!!!

David Love AI27
06-19-2006, 05:57 PM
MYLAPS are posted.

THANKS NASATX!!!

What is up with Burch posting fastest lap under DOUBLE YELLOW in R2???...

Steve, the pace car owner/driver must have been trying to post his own fastest lap.... I slowed to 95% and it took 3 laps to catch the pack

NASA13
06-21-2006, 12:09 PM
MYLAPS are posted.

THANKS NASATX!!!

What is up with Burch posting fastest lap under DOUBLE YELLOW in R2???...

Steve, the pace car owner/driver must have been trying to post his own fastest lap.... I slowed to 95% and it took 3 laps to catch the pack

Burch and I were racing for several laps before we caught up with the rest of the pack. I was running 105% and Jeff was probably in neutral.