PDA

View Full Version : MSR-C weekend roundup

Al Fernandez
03-15-2010, 10:55 AM
I'll get the party started telling war stories. I had an absolute blast this weekend. Many thanks to Mike P. for the extra five minutes in each of our Toyo races and to the Clader clan and everyone else that contributed to the killer sat night bbq.

On track action for me was just awesome. Even after Jerry and I had a slight real estate disagreement I had sooo much fun racing Bouddy and Leinart that session.

edrock96GT
03-15-2010, 03:55 PM
I just wanted to thank everyone for an awesome weekend. I had such a blast and I was so thrilled to finally meet everyone, and especially to get out on track with this group. Racing in AI has been a dream of mine for quite a few years and now it's finally a reality!

I'd like to give special thanks to Michael for getting out there and running with me for my check ride (we had about every track condition out there, which was a good test :lol: ), Al and Glen for helping me get my car straight, and Brian for the great food..and being a good rabbit out there :D. Jason too, for giving me a hell of a run (can't wait to see that video)!!

Looking forward to TWS!!

AllZWay
03-15-2010, 04:13 PM
Huge Thanks to Mitch for bringing me the parts to get my car back on track for Sunday.

Also, thanks to everyone that helped or offered to help get the car back together.... and to Matt for the banging the BFH...and Gary for loaning the BFH. :lol:

Awesome job by the Calders for doing the bulk of the cooking.

David Love AI27
03-15-2010, 04:23 PM
I just wanted to thank everyone for an awesome weekend. I had such a blast and I was so thrilled to finally meet everyone, and especially to get out on track with this group. Racing in AI has been a dream of mine for quite a few years and now it's finally a reality!

I'd like to give special thanks to Michael for getting out there and running with me for my check ride (we had about every track condition out there, which was a good test :lol: ), Al and Glen for helping me get my car straight, and Brian for the great food..and being a good rabbit out there :D. Jason too, for giving me a hell of a run (can't wait to see that video)!!

Looking forward to TWS!!

Jason has been working hard to get video converted... we used old school tape and need to convert...

LiiR had a good weekend on old old tires and some newer ones with flat spots... Jason ran very clean races and the old man spun in morning warmup and in R3... Thanks to all who provided food and beverage and to the Gage Team for sharing some padock space and tools... Congrats to the Kellam family on the new addition... Special thanks to Dave Neary for sharing a room at the BW.. it is a nice hotel and good breakfast, worth puting into your budget next time out...

On track: Greg H and I had a little fun... hope he learned a lesson about driving in the mirror... Greg, it was intentional, hope there are no hard feelings... It was cool to watch Gary coasting alone behind BL untill he saw the #3... Gary, don't count me out, even if the car is pointed the wrong way, I NEVER give up... Hope I gave plenty of room while being lapped... lesson to all of you speedy guys I'm not gonna be part of 3 or 4 wide in the corner... I don't do paint and body work...

ps... Where is the timing loop? inquiring minds would like to know... :roll:

BlueFirePony
03-15-2010, 06:27 PM
Had a great weekend as always with this group!
Enjoyed some close racing with some great guys and a little close at one point!
Sorry again Sam for getting into you and bungling up your passenger side. The more I thought about it on the way home, I agree we can share the incident but by going inside there I set up the situation and needed to brake harder to make sure you could overtake me and I could go in and back out clean. Too tight there.
Of course then I would not have my own rally-cross animated gif - Thanks Mitch! ;)
I managed to follow up that fiasco with a fantastic spin at big bend.
I did however manage to put in a full race w/o a spin in R3 so there is hope.

Kyri had a blast and make great progress again...first time on the track (and only his second weekend in the car) and he was putting down 1:30's and after the tire change I am sure he would have run 1:29s in that last session. I was only running 1:27s! I think I might be getting demoted here soon :shock: Maybe then I'll be able to focus on getting the cameras running...screwed up again so no video of our races (but we did at least get some of Kyri's sessions). My son and wife took pix so I'll post some this weekend when I get back in town.

Glad everyone stuck around for the grub...I was getting worried when people kept asking for sausages and they weren't ready yet - thought I'd lose everyone to MER :(
Thanks to the Proctors for the sausages, dogs and the grill and helping serve the hungry, and to everyone that contributed (Randy - the beans n' sausage were great!)
Thanks to the Wayne Kellam for helping me get the car buttoned up Saturday.
Thanks to David Garland for coming out and detecting and helping fix the exhaust issue - car ran great after we took care of that.
Thanks to Sam, JJ (both of you), Eddie (so cool you are running with us now!!), Gary and everyone else that I managed to race with for a corner or two.

GlennCMC70
03-20-2010, 10:04 AM
Guys, my trip to the dyno will be delayed. I got back from being in Port Arthur all week at 2am this morning. Its raining and possible snow today and not much better tomorrow. I have to go back to Port Arthur very early Monday morning. The plan is to get it done next weekend now. I may be able to pull it off durring the week. If so, it will be a short notice type of thing.
I know this is holding up the season points, and I'm sorry. Please delay in sending in Toyo Bucks at this point if you finished behind me as the results of the dyno could move you up in finish position.

Boudy
03-20-2010, 12:46 PM
Glenn: Is it safe to assume that if anyone else's dyno was missing, points would be posted?

Boudy

GlennCMC70
03-20-2010, 08:28 PM
Glenn: Is it safe to assume that if anyone else's dyno was missing, points would be posted?

Boudy

Yes. I normally post them by Monday post event.

Boudy
03-20-2010, 11:04 PM
OK...... :roll: So post the points already, before someone accuses you of following different practices and procedures when your skins are in the game.

Boudy

GlennCMC70
03-20-2010, 11:32 PM
Since I'm in a possition of authority, I treat this diffently than any other case.
I you cant wait for them to get done, use Round 1 points and tally based off the results posted on mylaps. Everything you need to know is on the points sheet itself.
Since my time is very limited these days w/ my new job, I would rather not do things twice.

Boudy
03-21-2010, 01:20 PM
I understand your position and clearly see the message you think you're delivering. However, I'm pointing out for you how your message is being received.

Frankly, I probably won't be able to run all events so I really don't give a dump about the points. However, I do care to see rules and practices being followed consistently no matter who's involved.

Boudy

GlennCMC70
03-21-2010, 02:19 PM
Trying to hold myself to a higher standard.

Al Fernandez
03-22-2010, 04:16 PM
I'm confused Bouddy...what message is he sending? Help me understand what the problem is?

Glenn didnt have a dyno prior to the race weekend, but we let him run anyway as long as he goes to the dyno afterwards. This isnt any different than we've done many times. The results are therefore conditional on him passing the dyno test. Normally points would be out already, but since we're waiting on a dyno there's no reason to post them until they're official. If anyone else had been in the situation of not having a dyno, they'd also have been allowed to run, and the results would still be conditional and therefore not posted.

What am I missing?

Boudy
03-22-2010, 07:11 PM
Here's what you're missing -

Question:

Answer A:

Yes. I normally post them by Monday post event.

Justification A:

Trying to hold myself to a higher standard.

Answer B:

If anyone else had been in the situation of not having a dyno, they'd also have been allowed to run, and the results would still be conditional and therefore not posted.

Justification B:
None needed, it's logical.

Answer B is acceptable to most of us, Answer A is not. However, Glenn thinks it is. If you're still confused then fine, I have no point and I'm rambling aimlessly.

Boudy

RichardP
03-22-2010, 07:36 PM
Count me as one who doesn't get it. These are mid season results and as such aren't official and don't count towards anything anyway. People just want to know where they stand.

Glenn didn't win anything and wasn't even entered in the first event. Who cares where he is in the points? Post the points and fix them if he blows the dyno. Why is this hard? Why does it matter if he's an offical???

Richard P.

mitchntx
03-22-2010, 09:25 PM
Now you guys have done it. Boy, you guys are in trooooouuuuble ...

Al Fernandez
03-22-2010, 10:21 PM
:lol:
I dont know why its so hard! Post away Glenn.

If you guys prefer provisional results and corrections later, I have no problem with that.

GlennCMC70
03-22-2010, 10:41 PM
What points?

GlennCMC70
03-23-2010, 12:03 AM
Round 2 Points....

MikeP99Z
03-23-2010, 01:18 AM
:lol:

GlennCMC70
03-23-2010, 09:48 AM
I worked 62 hours last week. I was in Port Arthur from Tuesday thru 2am Saturday. No access to the files nor the time to do it. I got up about noon Sat and spent the day w/ my kids, the same kids who had spring break the week I was in Port Arthur. Sunday was much of the same. Left at 4:30am Monday morning back to Port Arthur and worked down there till 6pm. Turned around a headed home. Got home at midnight last night. I'm at 20hrs for the weekand its only Tuesday.
Looks like I'm free all day today. So instead of spending it w/ my wife while my kids are both in school, I'll go to the dyno and come home and work on points.

Shit must be going pretty good when this is the biggest issue folks can bitch about.

AI#97
03-23-2010, 10:02 AM
I worked 62 hours last week. I was in Port Arthur from Tuesday thru 2am Saturday. No access to the files nor the time to do it. I got up about noon Sat and spent the day w/ my kids, the same kids who had spring break the week I was in Port Arthur. Sunday was much of the same. Left at 4:30am Monday morning back to Port Arthur and worked down there till 6pm. Turned around a headed home. Got home at midnight last night. I'm at 20hrs for the weekand its only Tuesday.
Looks like I'm free all day today. So instead of spending it w/ my wife while my kids are both in school, I'll go to the dyno and come home and work on points.

Shit must be going pretty good when this is the biggest issue folks can bitch about.

I thought David drank all your whine....?

GlennCMC70
03-23-2010, 10:12 AM

I thought David drank all your whine....?

I got this batch from you. Dont you remember? You said you wouldn't be needing it once you quit racing w/ us.

RichardP
03-23-2010, 12:08 PM

In case you need a little help reading between the lines, the bitch was about the political BS that seems to surround everything around here, not whether the points were posted or not.

Richard P.

GlennCMC70
03-23-2010, 12:08 PM
Car is dyno'ed. Its legal.
high numbers are 253/306.
Points will be done later today.

GlennCMC70
03-23-2010, 12:16 PM

In case you need a little help reading between the lines, the bitch was about the political BS that seems to surround everything around here, not whether the points were posted or not.

Richard P.

Its not really political. I'm holding myself to the standard I should be holding everyone. I prefere to not be a total hard ass. But when I do, I do not want folks to come back and say "Well that's not how you applied the rules when you did it."

AI#97
03-23-2010, 12:27 PM
I got this batch from you. Dont you remember? You said you wouldn't be needing it once you quit racing w/ us.

Don't ever recall racing with CMC, but glad to see the directors still attacking people and running them off. Keep up the good work! :roll:

GlennCMC70
03-23-2010, 01:58 PM
I'm pretty sure you attacked first.
See above.

Boudy
03-23-2010, 03:03 PM
In all fairness, I started this. Not Glenn. My intent was to gently poke him to point how the ranks percieved an action. Not to crucify him or start a slam fest. Silly me. Sure his stubbornes make an obvious point difficult but he gets it now, right Glenn! :wink:

Boudy

GlennCMC70
03-23-2010, 03:37 PM
I got nuthin'.

mitchntx
03-23-2010, 03:38 PM
I have a cat

GlennCMC70
03-23-2010, 03:59 PM
Mitch, not bringing the car to ya today.

AI#97
03-23-2010, 04:00 PM
I'm pretty sure you attacked first.
See above.

The point being that if you ACTED like a leader or director, you wouldn't have returned fire. It was a trap that you JUMPED right into... Think about that.

GlennCMC70
03-23-2010, 04:03 PM
You would make a terrible Director.
I'm just saying.

So you come here to cause problems and nothing else, right?
Who made up the rule about not returning fire because I'm a Director? You? Makes sence.

GlennCMC70
03-23-2010, 05:08 PM
Car is dyno'ed. Its legal.
high numbers are 253/306.
Points will be done later today.

Correction to the numbers. The dyno was set to STD correction. Good thing i had the pulls on a USB drive. opened them up and put them to SAE and got:
247/302
The car bogged/stumbled on the very start of each pull and at the time I was suprised it didnt seem to affect the numbers. Once I got home and looked at the files, it was clear that it did. I'll bet I've got a failing O2 or TPS.

GlennCMC70
03-23-2010, 05:10 PM
Also, if anyone wants the files, let me know and I can email them to you. I would attach them here, but the site does not allow these type of file attachments.

AI#97
03-23-2010, 06:05 PM
I'm just saying.

Who made up the rule about not returning fire because I'm a Director? You? Makes sence.

My point is YOU don't act like a respectable director. For instance, YOU calling out the HPDE driver on the national forum...totally classless act and made the guy look like an idiot in public. Maybe he was, but it was totally uncalled for to call him out in public. Probably made a few HPDE people scared to attend if their car blows up because the GREAT GLENN LANDRUM might publically humiliate them.

second point, when you and others, are confronted with a point of view that differs from yours, regardless if it's a good idea or not, it is dismissed or made fun of or told you are wrong because it isn't the T.A.G. way.

The position you are in doesn't get respect from some because it isn't earned by YOU. You just don't get it that if you don't treat your customers with respect....you should NEVER expect it in return. Hence the current problem WE have.

I don't come on here to cause problems....that is your mistaken assumption about me and a defense mechanism for making it look like YOU aren't wrong. I come here to attempt to cure problems which has historically been proven to be an unacceptable practice unless your name is Todd Al or Glenn. ANYONE that has ever had a difference of opinion contrary to T.A.G. usually gets pissed off and either leaves or gets labeled as "just doesn't get it." It's insulting and runs off customers to race against.

Put your customer service hat on and ask yourself why AI/CMC only had 19 cars at Cresson and "Group 7" had nearly TWICE as many. Maybe it's a demographic thing....maybe it's 4 or 5 of us won't support the current management team because we are treated as roques and not as customers who pay your way to a free weekend.

You guys just don't get it and probably never will because you lead yourselves poorly with judgements and assumptions and not an open mind to improve.

GlennCMC70
03-23-2010, 07:55 PM
I'm just saying.

My point is YOU don't act like a respectable director. For instance, YOU calling out the HPDE driver on the national forum...totally classless act and made the guy look like an idiot in public. Maybe he was, but it was totally uncalled for to call him out in public. Probably made a few HPDE people scared to attend if their car blows up because the GREAT GLENN LANDRUM might publically humiliate them.

second point, when you and others, are confronted with a point of view that differs from yours, regardless if it's a good idea or not, it is dismissed or made fun of or told you are wrong because it isn't the T.A.G. way.

The position you are in doesn't get respect from some because it isn't earned by YOU. You just don't get it that if you don't treat your customers with respect....you should NEVER expect it in return. Hence the current problem WE have.

I don't come on here to cause problems....that is your mistaken assumption about me and a defense mechanism for making it look like YOU aren't wrong. I come here to attempt to cure problems which has historically been proven to be an unacceptable practice unless your name is Todd Al or Glenn. ANYONE that has ever had a difference of opinion contrary to T.A.G. usually gets pissed off and either leaves or gets labeled as "just doesn't get it." It's insulting and runs off customers to race against.

Put your customer service hat on and ask yourself why AI/CMC only had 19 cars at Cresson and "Group 7" had nearly TWICE as many. Maybe it's a demographic thing....maybe it's 4 or 5 of us won't support the current management team because we are treated as roques and not as customers who pay your way to a free weekend.

You guys just don't get it and probably never will because you lead yourselves poorly with judgements and assumptions and not an open mind to improve.

Your right Matt.
The HPDE guy was a learning oppurtunity. I used in hopes others would not repeat what he did. He made an ass of himself. If it makes me look bad, so what. I took one for the team so that in the future we wont have it happen again. I'll do it again. I think I'm doing it now. In fact, I got money that says you would have acted no differently than myself had you paid money to run 3 of your 4 races.
I'm ALWAYS open to others idea's. And it may very well be a good one. It doesnt mean thats whats gonna happen. You need to understand that. Clue me in, whats the T.A.G way?
As for the position I'm in and the respect I dont get... nice of you to speak for everyone else again. Yuor the only one who I hear tell me this. So I assume you are the only one. I'm not in this for anyones respect. I like this series, and I'm gonna do what i need to in order to ensure it stays the best it can. Since you are no longer a customer, why do you care?

You do come here and cause problems. Your comment to me was to do what, lift me up and make me feel whole again? right. If you think its my mistake assumption, its also the opinion of several others who called me to say the same about you just today, the very same day you come in here and cause problems.

So why did AI/CMC only have 19 cars at Cresson? You act that like its a bad thing. For AI, it was. You, Lyons, Donavan, Team Downunder, Cain, Robertson and a few others I' sure I'm missing all could have come out and it would have been a great AI race/turn-out. Ask those guys why AI car count was down. For CMC, the series I'm in partial control over regionaly, it was a great weekend. For MSR-c in 2005 there was 6, 2006 there was 13, 2007, there was 12, 2008 there was 14, 2009 there was 20, and this year there was 15 w/ RL out due to work, DF out due to kids and spring break, Runyon out due to car not done, Hood w/ a blown motor as was Ron Jones, and Nick Valentine had planned to miss this event due to a prior comitment. Steve Mulder w/ a bum leg - cant even walk. Thats 22 cars. Not counting Chuck Sheibe who just sold his car to another racer who will have it at the next event, along w/ many others who normally miss MSR-C but make most other events. Wow, I see 25 car fields if we all make the same event. Things seem to be doing OK if you look at the numbers.
As for Group 7... well its about time. But hey, if our class let anything w/ 4 wheels run in it too, we would be much bigger also.

As for my "customer service hat", I dont have one. Never will. You want the current customer service team to kiss your ass because you pay for track time. Thats not gonna happen ANYWHERE Matt. My free weekend is between me and NASA TX. They seem to be pretty pleased w/ me and the way I do things. In fact, I got a few positive comments from NASA TX owners over the past event.
I'm 100% clear on YOUR opinion that "we" dont get it. Didn't you just post about how its wrong to lable folks as those who "just dont get it", but yet here you are doing exaclty that? Its OK for you to do it, yet you think its wrong for us? really?

GlennCMC70
03-23-2010, 08:10 PM
Also, you started racing w/ us in 2006. There was 14 cars that year. 2007 had 8, 2008 had 12, 2009 had 8, 2010 has 3. Since you started racing w/ AI, the car count has been on a steady drop. We should be blaming you for the floundering AI series.

mitchntx
03-23-2010, 08:18 PM
I have a cat

GlennCMC70
03-23-2010, 08:39 PM
Someone else in this thread needs to get one.

AI#97
03-23-2010, 09:02 PM
As for my "customer service hat", I dont have one. Never will. You want the current customer service team to kiss your ass because you pay for track time. Thats not gonna happen ANYWHERE Matt. My free weekend is between me and NASA TX. They seem to be pretty pleased w/ me and the way I do things. In fact, I got a few positive comments from NASA TX owners over the past event.
I'm 100% clear on YOUR opinion that "we" dont get it. Didn't you just post about how its wrong to lable folks as those who "just dont get it", but yet here you are doing exaclty that? Its OK for you to do it, yet you think its wrong for us? really?

Thanks....you just don't care to get it or want to.

cut copy pasted to Jay and Shannon. They need to know you have no intention whatsoever of catering to their customers and helping their business. World Challenge doesn't get it, SCCA didn't get it when NASA formed and there you go. It is what it is.....

michaelmosty
03-23-2010, 09:11 PM
Put your customer service hat on and ask yourself why AI/CMC only had 19 cars at Cresson and "Group 7" had nearly TWICE as many.
AI/CMC is comprised of Mustangs, Camareeos, and Pontiacs.
Group 7 is comprised of Viper, 911, 944, Corvette, WRX, EVO, 350Z, BMW, Lotus, Turbo Miata, and dozens of other cars that "fall into" their class.
For such a specific group of cars I'd say we are doing pretty darn good. 8)

GlennCMC70
03-23-2010, 09:16 PM
I'm in a position to run this series, not kiss your ass. Get over yourself.
Thanks for sharing w/ Jay and Shannon. Be sure and send them the link to the whole page and not just selective comments designed to make me look bad.
As for me being a Series Director, I work for and answer to the National Director. That is who controls who is a Series Director.
Lots to learn, dont ya.

BlueFirePony
03-23-2010, 09:19 PM
For such a specific group of cars I'd say we are doing pretty darn good. 8)
Yep. Cresson was a blast, TWS is going to be even better and Hallet will be out of this world.

Todd Covini
03-23-2010, 09:43 PM
Mitch....How'd I get dragged into this? :?:

mitchntx
03-23-2010, 09:54 PM
Mitch....How'd I get dragged into this? :?:

I have a cat?

Todd Covini
03-23-2010, 10:14 PM
http://theinspirationroom.com/daily/commercials/2005/5/eds-catherder.jpg

Boudy
03-23-2010, 10:25 PM
OMG!!! :shock: Sorry guys, someone just remind me to STFU! next time.

But since I'm here...

Glenn we all agree that you're not here to kiss anyone's ass. However, neither are you in a position to run this series. You're an administrator dude, deal with it. You're position is to administer and mediate the workings of OUR series, not yours or your kingdom to rule. Since it is OUR series then that makes your position one of service to it's constituents. I admire your dedication and I'm not aware of anyone who has put more into OUR series over the last few years. For this I think we all thank you.(some more than others, obviously):roll: Matt's point may be that your willful neglect to wear an appropriate customer service hat in some cases over shadows your hard work in other areas as we all get judged by the hats we wear.

The skills set of an effective director aren't limited to the making and enforcement of rules. They are akin to that of an ambassador. Objectivity, diplomacy, responsibility, patience, fore thought, arbitration, understanding, dedication, and yes... customer service. When the skill set is well rounded, enforcement falls to the bottom of the list as does the need for a heavy hand. You're a dedicated, passionate, and hard working director. Great start toward being a great director. I wish you well in continuing to listen and grow toward your goal.

Hope this helps both sides. If not...

Oh well, carry on!:lol:

Boudy

Al Fernandez
03-24-2010, 07:20 AM
Guys, seriously...you hate each other, we all know that. Take it off line.

GlennCMC70
03-24-2010, 07:23 AM
So tell me when there was a time I wasnt open minded?
Matt doesnt want that from me (the Directors) he wants it his way or no way at all. He doesnt care whats best for the group, he cares about whats best for him. He has not once entered into a conversation w/ me w/ all the facts in order to made an informed decition. Hell, for the life of me I dont know why Matt's pissed other than he doesnt like Todd and Al, and I will not put up w/ his mouth so I got added to the list. I've not had Matt come to me w/ any issues. Perhaps if he answered my phone calls a few weeks back we would have gotten that far. I know he's upset w/ the enforcement of a certain rule on Gunters car. And thats what sparked off the crap between us.

Your right Boudy, I'm a representative, but one from both sides - the racer and the series. At the track, I do both. I'm in constant problem solving mode. The scales are not up, my class is wrong, we should be listed as a team, my transponder didnt work, I'm grid w/ AI and I want to be w/ CMC....
But I also must enfoce the rules and such even when I dont want to, because .... guess what.... the other customers expect them to be followed. So its not just about making Matt happy, or AI/CMC happy, or NASA happy, its about the greater good for all involved.

rleng1
03-24-2010, 09:04 AM
Does this mean that Glenn is a Community organizer? he should run for president.
Opps, we already have one of those in the White House.

AI#97
03-24-2010, 09:22 AM
Your right Boudy, I'm a representative, but one from both sides - the racer and the series.

and that is the problem...you treat everyone like your competitors and not your customers. Figure that in with your genetic pre-disposition towards me or anyone that challenges your way of doing things, a trait shared by AL and Todd, and ya'll have created a very negative arena to field these issues and that prevents people from speaking their mind in fear of being relegated to the “banned list”. It has also created a situation that makes us feel we need a 10lb sledge hammer and an anvil to get you 3 to LISTEN.

I stopped drinking this Kool Aid from you 3 back in 2008. Having taken a HUGE step back and looked at this group from the outside and comparing it to other race groups in NASATX, all I have to say is WOW! Not like the rest and quite reckless. Lot's more contact and a management group that is pretty full of themselves. I'll use Rob Lay as an example of a respectful director that I would suggest you model yourselves after. Guy has class, earns respect and handles the group very professionally. He doesn’t shit up threads by making innuendos and personal attacks or any attempt to degrade or undermine a customer’s opinion. His EGO never gets in the way. Just a suggestion.

What more concerns me is that if you look back over the years what I have lobbied for and "yelled" for boils down to:

1. Please enforce the rules without waiver.
2. Please deal with contact in a serious manner to prevent accidents, injuries and costs.
3. Increase safety with regards to preventing contact.
4. Curtail costs...ie, no rules creep, be smart about how YOU are spending MY money.

For years, I have been told that I am wrong for asking for it, or that I am taking things too seriously. Well, it's MY safety and MY money with which the management around here seems to NOT take seriously enough. For airing and voicing these reasonable and righteous concerns, I have been labeled as a vagabond, an asshole, insulted by the directors and continuously get run down as someone that just needs to take a chill pill. Really? I need to chill about safety concerns? Think about that...

Matt doesnt want that from me (the Directors) he wants it his way or no way at all. He doesnt care whats best for the group, he cares about whats best for him. He has not once entered into a conversation w/ me w/ all the facts in order to made an informed decition. Hell, for the life of me I dont know why Matt's pissed other than he doesnt like Todd and Al, and I will not put up w/ his mouth so I got added to the list. I've not had Matt come to me w/ any issues. Perhaps if he answered my phone calls a few weeks back we would have gotten that far.

Have you ever considered for one minute that I, and others, won't speak to you because we don't want to get 'talked at' by someone that won't listen or is unapproachable, or doesn't intend to provide customer service, or the fact it will be totally unproductive because of your pre-disposition toward ME? Have you ever considered that people just don't want to speak with you because you're an asshole to them? I am guessing not because you can't and won't ever admit you are wrong. Quit being a marine for 30 seconds and act like a director, ambassador and leader, not a Dictator.

to say I don't care what is best for the group means you have NEVER listened to one word I have ever said and discount my opinion because it isn't the same as yours. You are so off base because you don't LISTEN or don’t seem to care to LISTEN to what people are saying because you exude this mantra that GLENN IS ALWAYS RIGHT. Same goes for AL and Todd, but Todd is less aggressive than you and AL.

While I agree with Boudy that Glenn is probably one of the most dedicated directors CMC has ever had, I'd also have to say you are one of the most handicapped directors out there and that completely detracts from your ability to be effective or earn respect. Your "people skills" need a ton of work and you need to get fitted for that hat I keep talking about. The fact that you believe you were right in that post on the national forum to the HPDE driver proves you should not be in a position to PUBLICLY represent NASA. If that track time was so important, I'd think you would have picked up a broom and helped clean up the mess.

At least AL has the good sense NOT to fuel fires like you do or say stupid things in public. That alone should be a lesson for your to do list.

Boudy….you are a lot smarter than you let on dude! :thumbsup:

kbrewmr2
03-24-2010, 09:29 AM
If there's one thing I've learned as TT Director for Southeast for 3 years and Texas for going on 2 years:

You can't please everyone

back to your regularly scheduled catfight

GlennCMC70
03-24-2010, 09:49 AM
I do not agree w/ one single word you just typed.
I'm not going to do this anymore w/ you Matt. I've attempted to call you to no avail even as of this morning. I should have never responded to your jab at me yesterday about the wine. I should have ignored you then just as everyone did at MSR-C this past event. It was said to me many time over that weekend about how quiet it has been on the forums as of late and how nice it was there was no drama being generated. My responce to you about the wine just opened the door for you to start shit. Sorry to everyone.
Sorry you are unhappy. Let me say this for those who will not - please leave and do not come back. Forget your password for the site and let us wallow in our own misery.

ShadowBolt
03-24-2010, 10:11 AM
Please take this off line. I don't want a possible new racer to not come race with us because of this kind of shit.
I agree Glenn, you should have never answered the post. There was no way you guys were going to agree going back and forth in a thread on the interweb. Send e-mails back and forth all day just please don't put it on our forum.

Looking forward to TWS!

JJ

michaelmosty
03-24-2010, 11:20 AM
Please take this off line. I don't want a possible new racer to not come race with us because of this kind of shit.
I agree Glenn, you should have never answered the post. There was no way you guys were going to agree going back and forth in a thread on the interweb. Send e-mails back and forth all day just please don't put it on our forum.

Looking forward to TWS!

JJ
Perfectly said!!!
All I see is two awesome race weekends in the book for 2010 with much more excitement at TWS, Hallett, and beyond.
We also have a handful of great guys that have started racing with us this year with many more to start in the upcoming events.
Things look pretty good to me! :D

Fbody383
03-24-2010, 11:54 AM
<< Smart Enough For Once To Think It And Not Type It >>

Get ready, I'm bringing the orange to TWS! Maybe I'll pull the restrictor and let Kellam and Mosty get a closer look.

Chutzpah!

Boudy
03-24-2010, 12:20 PM
Boudy….you are a lot smarter than you let on dude! :thumbsup: :oops: :oops:

TWS is coming up. Woohoo...

Boudy

AllZWay
03-24-2010, 01:21 PM
All I see is two awesome race weekends in the book for 2010 with much more excitement at TWS, Hallett, and beyond.

See that is where you are wrong.... it has been two crappy race weekends. I had my butt whooped and my cars butt whooped. :P

Wanna cat fight about it? :D

rleng1
03-24-2010, 03:12 PM
It is in the CCR that all rookies have to have a cat?
I'm jus sayin'

Fbody383
03-24-2010, 04:56 PM
Wanna cat fight about it?

Another reason to move to 2 - whoop up on Proctor.

And prolly STILL have to help keep his car on the trailer.

JAMES EDWARD!

AllZWay
03-25-2010, 07:53 AM
Wanna cat fight about it?

Another reason to move to 2 - whoop up on Proctor.

And prolly STILL have to help keep his car on the trailer.

JAMES EDWARD!

Hey now.... :twisted:

David Love AI27
03-25-2010, 08:32 AM

Richard P.

CAN I GETs ME AN "AMEN"???

opps... "shut up and drive, shut up and drive, shut up and drive...."

David Love AI27
03-25-2010, 08:39 AM
HEY, MATT... Gimme back my pokin' stick.... I put it away for a reason...

BlueFirePony
03-25-2010, 09:02 AM
Maybe I'll pull the restrictor
Orange is fast!

David Love AI27
03-25-2010, 09:07 AM

I think you forgot to put it in.... you better check before TWS

Fbody383
03-25-2010, 11:23 AM

I think you forgot to put it in.... you better check before TWS

MMMmmmm.... third gens look good in the rearview mirror...

Orange is fast!And sometimes adds lightness :shock:

Wirtz
03-25-2010, 01:12 PM
And sometimes adds lightness :shock:

Ya, apparently in the head....

See what I mean :twisted:

I see your "Pah!" and raise you with a PAH - PAHHHH!! :D

Fbody383
03-25-2010, 03:48 PM
Need more vids and stories from Cresson.

See what I mean :twisted:

Mr. Wirtz, would you bring a copy of your video from Houston for races 1 and 3. No, no... not for selective editing... for the year end vid. 8)

Now when are you going to The Duece?

Wirtz
03-25-2010, 03:51 PM
Mr. Wirtz, would you bring a copy of your video from Houston for races 1 and 3. No, no... not for selective editing... for the year end vid. 8)

No problem. I'll burn them to disk.

TWS?

RichardP
03-25-2010, 04:04 PM

TWS?

Cool. You're going to have to do a few things to make your car legal and competitive in the upgraded class. The list looks something like this:

1) Several "2" stickers

Richard P.

David Love AI27
03-26-2010, 08:53 AM

TWS?

Cool. You're going to have to do a few things to make your car legal and competitive in the upgraded class. The list looks something like this:

1) Several "2" stickers

Richard P.

I would be happy to have them sent to your house... Address, please?

Alien
03-26-2010, 04:09 PM
TWS?

Jump ship mid year? Do you really want people to say you pulled a Glenn? :D

Wirtz
03-26-2010, 04:37 PM
Ouch!

GlennCMC70
03-26-2010, 05:42 PM
Not really mid year. My drops are from an event I never ran.
Pulling a Glenn is far better than pulling a Ginsburg.

Fbody383
03-27-2010, 04:56 PM
Pulling a "Glenn" is far better than pulling a "Ginsburg."Dr. Frank probably has a story about that.