PDA

View Full Version : I can't drive this d*mn Camaro

HoustonNW
04-17-2010, 06:31 PM
To get the street Mustang around the track and around the understeer, I had to trail brake like crazy and "toss" the car into the corner. This car turns and a "toss" will result in a spin. Back to basics, smooth smooth smooth.

And the lack of anti-lock brakes, I'm so afraid of flat spotting tires that I miss half of my turn-in points.

To add insult to injury, The Driver's Edge decided to run MSRH clockwise, so I don't even get any practice for next year!

But, I did change front rotors in two sessions, so I have hope that I'll make it as a CMC'er! (Nice that they were exactly like the Mustang, four bolts and two-piston sliding calipers. :wink: )

So, "see YOU at the track" next week!

GlennCMC70
04-17-2010, 07:03 PM
yep. 4th gens dont like being tossed around like the fords. The big ass just keeps coming around.

jeffburch
04-18-2010, 07:32 AM
I know somebody w/$7000 burning a hole in their pocket 8)

jb

michaelmosty
04-18-2010, 11:29 AM
That reminds me when Boudy drove Mitch's car at MSRH many years ago and he was even more out of control than in his Mustang. I didn't think that was possible! :shock:

kbrewmr2
04-18-2010, 08:22 PM
you'll get the brakes figured out soon enough - especially if you keep doing DEs and test days. In fact, that'll be where you learn it. You'll be so busy during races figuring out the whole racing thing that it'll be tough...

been there done that going from my 91 MR2 that had ABS to this 94 MR2 that doesnt

Boudy
04-19-2010, 06:39 PM
As mentioned, I found out in Mitch's car that they are nothing like driving a Mustang. Mustangs have to be tossed and beaten into submission. It can be fast but it's going to be a hell of a ride.

My car's current set-up is seconds faster than its ever been however, it's also twice as hard to drive than it ever was and it forgives NOTHING. Blink or hesitate and "BAM!", you're in the highlight reals! :lol: :twisted: :lol:

My next goal is to learn to drive it! :oops:

Boudy