PDA

View Full Version : Hallett weekend

Tommy55
06-20-2006, 04:08 PM
Thanks guys for the great time down in Oklahoma. Is was great running with a full field. Raybob and myself had the time of our lives. Hopefully you will invite us out for next years event. If anyone talks to the 69 mustang of skip I would like to pass on a few words. When two guys in the same class are battling for position, you should probably stay out of their way when you are not in a race of your own. I now have quarter panel damage to my car that I really did not want. Oh well it's racing I guess.
Anyway, Thank you Texas AI CMC and hope to see yall next year.

Tommy55
06-20-2006, 04:16 PM
Forgot to thank Mr. Love for the switch to get me through tech. Thank you Sir. You left before I could return it. Thank you.
Sorry about the rear axle.

Tommy55
06-20-2006, 04:22 PM
Mitch,
Thank you for the tires dude.
Could not have done the farming I did without you
Thanks

mitchntx
06-20-2006, 04:37 PM
Glad I could help and it was no bother at all.

But I did notice you guys were quick to ask about the homebrew ... :wink: :P

C'ya next year.

BTW ... I think I will pull my car to the RM region for a dyno cert next season.

raybob9289
06-20-2006, 04:38 PM
Mitch,
Thank you for the tires dude.
Could not have done the farming I did without you
Thanks

We did have a Hoot Tommy,
Thanks to you all.
RayBob

David Love AI27
06-21-2006, 01:30 PM
Forgot to thank Mr. Love for the switch to get me through tech. Thank you Sir. You left before I could return it. Thank you.
Sorry about the rear axle.

I want it hand delivered to me at our last event in Dallas area. I know it is a long drive but we should have a field of close to 30 AI/AIX/CMC cars.

As far as contact issues go... I hope all is forgiving from last event and that the discussion turns to the positive side for next event. You "Dudes" don't know Skip the way we do and if you just let him by he won't stick around long enough to get in "your race". I think with open and positive communication we can get the bugs out.

cjlmlml
06-21-2006, 02:03 PM
Now I am really confused.

From a Lewis Tanner post earlier:

Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:14 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The guy in the green car pitched an absolute fit in the clubhouse when asked to fill out a contact incident form. To paraphrase his input on the requirement to record the nature of all contact in a formal manner:

"If we had to fill out all this paperwork in Colorado every time someone swapped paint, we'd never have time to race. Out there, we get out there, rub sometimes, shake each other's hands and go home."

They seemed like nice enough folks, but were pretty agitated at the procedural aspect of participating in a NASA TX event.

Garbage
06-21-2006, 04:51 PM
Chis,

That is pretty much how it went down along with a few other words.

David

Todd Covini
06-21-2006, 11:46 PM
a-gain.....wish I was there.

-=- Todd "no plans to miss any more" Covini

Tommy55
06-22-2006, 09:38 AM
I had no problem filling out the accident report. Just wanted to know why when someone ran into me. I don't want any negative things against me. I am out there to race safely and have fun. Not rub fenders and put anyone in danger. I didn't throw a fit about anything. What do we do in the future to keep the aix guys in front?

Tommy55
06-22-2006, 09:42 AM
Oh and by the way that was not me that threw the fit. This is my first year and Hallet was the first time I had ever rubbed paint. I would have never made a remark like that. Let's learn from this and know that we are all out there to have fun and be safe. Accident's do happen and as long as we learn from them we can eliminate them in the future. Again, Thanx nasa texas for the great time and hope to get to run with guys again soon.