PDA

View Full Version : Why we race....

Todd Covini
04-25-2010, 08:16 PM
It was really great to see everyone again today. Nothing is better for the mind & soul than a good track day. (I can only imagine what it will be like to race again.)

We race so we don't have to do stupid shat like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IENWE6DMYK4

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeYsIFmYT6o&feature=related

-=- Todd

evarner
04-26-2010, 07:38 AM
I'd like to give out a big word of thanks to everyone!

My initial plan was to run in TT to do some shakedown laps on the Hooptie, but one thing led to another and I found myself in the middle of a great groups of guys/gals.

It was a fun run for me (read: no pts) and hopefully this information was disseminated. :D

You all rock!!! Thanks for making me feel welcome and letting me pass some of ya. 8)

michaelmosty
04-26-2010, 09:24 AM

My initial plan was to run in TT to do some shakedown laps on the Hooptie, but one thing led to another and I found myself in the middle of a great groups of guys/gals.

It was a fun run for me (read: no pts) and hopefully this information was disseminated. :D

You all rock!!! Thanks for making me feel welcome and letting me pass some of ya. 8)
I think the big thanks needs to go to Rob Liebbe for helping make your car "legal" by adding all the decals!!

evarner
04-26-2010, 09:35 AM

I think the big thanks needs to go to Rob Liebbe for helping make your car "legal" by adding all the decals!!

Hopefully there's no pictures out there <cough> that would corroborate the LeMons car running in CMC!! 8)

Thx though RL!!! You da man!

ShadowBolt
04-26-2010, 09:56 AM
Eric,

Really good to have you on track with us. How long until you get a real CMC car and come play with us? Any plans?
Hallett will be here before you know it.

JJ

Fbody383
04-26-2010, 10:40 AM
Hopefully there's no pictures out there <cough> that would corroborate the LeMons car running in CMC!! 8)

So, uh... Varner; a picture's worth a thousand words, what about video of no brake lights? Hmmm?

Sorry, forgot you don't use brakes.

evarner
04-26-2010, 10:55 AM

So, uh... Varner; a picture's worth a thousand words, what about video of no brake lights? Hmmm?

Sorry, forgot you don't use brakes.

They looked good in the pits, but decided to go 'green' and save some gas by shutting them off? Ok, maybe not the green part, but thx for letting me know and not bump drafting meh! :lol:

Rob Liebbe
04-26-2010, 11:28 AM
I watched my videos last night - I want to see a dyno sheet for Varner's car.

Also I want to thank everyone who helped me out with my car on Saturday. At one point in time it kinda looked like a service manual exploded view of the entire car. In fact, the BMW guys asked me if it was normal for me to rebuild the entire drivetrain at every race. Ha ha, very funny.

If I owe you parts or money, please let me know. I also still have some tools that did not get claimed.

Overall it was a great race weekend. See you suckers at Hallet!!!!

Fbody383
04-26-2010, 11:30 AM
but thx for letting me know and not bump drafting meh! i'd have to catch you first ~ orange is only so fast. And I agree with Liebbe. LeMons/SchmeMons

I'll tell you why I race here... Friday was first time ever CCW at TWS and Mosty was kind enough to do some lead/follow. Apart from Michael's help I got feedback/critique/interest from at least Glenn, Al, Jeff and Rob throughout the weekend.

Best laps look like this:

Q1 2:04.592
R1 2:04.913
Q2 2:04.630
R2 2:04.479
R3 2:02.334
R4 2:02.134

Wow, 2 seconds a lap from a simple observation and the most comfortable I've felt racing to date. Great weekend.

evarner
04-26-2010, 12:37 PM
We race to have fun! 8)

You guys are a lot of fun to race and hang out with at the track!

Oh, here ya go...

http://www.tek-racing.net/dynoLeMons1.jpg

Rob Liebbe
04-26-2010, 12:45 PM
That doesn't make me feel any better.

GlennCMC70
04-26-2010, 12:48 PM
I feel better. I thought he was making 145hp.

David Love AI27
04-26-2010, 06:43 PM
Best laps look like this:

Q1 2:04.592
R1 2:04.913
Q2 2:04.630
R2 2:04.479
R3 2:02.334
R4 2:02.134

Wow, 2 seconds a lap from a simple observation and the most comfortable I've felt racing to date. Great weekend.

Go check lap times for "The Kid"... then go hide your head in shame...

Fbody383
04-27-2010, 12:03 PM
Go check lap times for "The Kid"... then go hide your head in shame... No shame at all; had a GREAT time racing Jason, looking forward to doing it again. Was cool passing both of you at the same time. 8)

Tell you what, post YOUR laptimes from your first weekend ever running CCW... and we'll laugh it out over an adult beverage at Hallett.

Al Fernandez
04-27-2010, 02:19 PM
Damn, that sounded like he's calling you out Love. Don't these whipper snapers know to respect their elders? :)

ShadowBolt
04-27-2010, 02:34 PM
DL can't even remember the first time he made a lap going CCW at TWS.

JJ

Fbody383
04-27-2010, 04:22 PM
The good news is the calvary had already run the injuns out of the area and since it was the dry season, the wagon wheel ruts weren't that deep.

Al, what were your lap times first time out at TWS?

Is it too early to stir it up for Hallett?

David Love AI27
04-27-2010, 08:17 PM

JJ

been a few mind altering elements run through this old body since then... I've done a 1:56 in Misty's car running 8/10ths :wink:

Jerry... all my buddies keep tellin' me "you're as young as you feel" and my response is "thats AWESOME cuz I would hate to be as old as I look!!!"

David Love AI27
04-27-2010, 08:21 PM
The good news is the calvary had already run the injuns out of the area and since it was the dry season, the wagon wheel ruts weren't that deep.

Al, what were your lap times first time out at TWS?

Is it too early to stir it up for Hallett?

You can't rattle the "new and improved DL"... Lets see what you got at Hallett... you're gonna have a full day advantage over me... better make sure you find two seconds up there... Cuz Sunday the show is ON!!!

Al Fernandez
04-27-2010, 09:14 PM
Well, Mr Francis, the first time I ran TWS I set the CMC track record. :lol: You brought a knife to this gunfight dude :wink:

Crumpacker
04-27-2010, 11:28 PM
Well, Mr Francis, the first time I ran TWS I set the CMC track record.

Most offs? How'd you beat DL?

GlennCMC70
04-28-2010, 07:02 AM

Oh no. I hold the "most off's" record. I had about 10 durring my 3.5 hrs behind the wheel Sat afternoon. Al has the data from the data logger. He will have the tally soon enough.

Mrs. Crumpacker
04-28-2010, 08:49 AM

Oh no. I hold the "most off's" record. I had about 10 durring my 3.5 hrs behind the wheel Sat afternoon. Al has the data from the data logger. He will have the tally soon enough.

I also have the tally from the logs I took...Pretty sure your off's take up ~3/4ths of the spreadsheet... :lol:

Rob Liebbe
04-28-2010, 09:30 AM
The "new and improved" David Love ran me off the track coming out of Turn 3. :)

Fbody383
04-28-2010, 10:42 AM
You brought a knife to this gunfight dude :wink:It won't be the last time, Mr. Track Record. It's you guys that keep making the car faster, I just attempt to drive the thing.

David Love AI27
04-28-2010, 11:06 AM
[quote="Rob Liebbe"]The "new and improved" David Love ran me off the track coming out of Turn 3. :)[/quote

sorry.. that was just the new part.. the improved part hadn't kicked in yet..