PDA

View Full Version : Some post TWS comments

Al Fernandez
04-27-2010, 07:32 AM
I'm still in that post race euphoria and trying to get back into normal life at the office. What a great weekend. Many thanks for the impromptu BBQ sat night and to those that kept me supplied with drinks all weekend (I forgot to buy anything on the way to the track and was mooching). I cant express how happy I am to be able to just hang out with this group and race with each of you.

Wirtz
04-27-2010, 04:21 PM
A bit of a similar story on my side. Those of you I talked to in some detail know I have been struggling with attending events this year, just because of my own wacky reasons. But without a doubt it was great to be at the track with everyone. It really hit me when on my drive back home and I was reflecting on everything that happened over the weekend...

I was watching my incars today, man there was some intense stuff out there. I'll try to edit up a movie in the next day or two.

I need to say "thank you" to David and Jason. I cracked a front rotor on my car and did not have a spare with me. But Dave sent a pair of rotors out to the track via Jason and that let me make it through the weekend. Thanks guys!

GlennCMC70
04-27-2010, 05:44 PM
I also would like to say I'm sorry to Nick for being so upset after R4. I avioded even looking at him due to me being very mad, not at him, just mad over the situation. I know myself good enough to not approach others when I'm pissed or when they are pissed. Nick approched me and that helped me push past being upset. Thanks Nick for being the bigger man and talking w/ me.
Guess we still can learn from our rookies. And I know Nick isnt a rookie.

David Love AI27
04-27-2010, 08:37 PM
One of the BEST race weekends EVER!!!! Two of my cousins came to hang out all weekend... Avie, Ross and Shelly brought some friends to cheer on LiiR on Saturday and the took a hotel room and came back Sunday... A friend from church brought her daughter on Sunday for their first race experience and they have vowed to return...

My Mom drove out in her cherry 88 Mustang GT vert... and missed church to hang out on Sunday...

But the VERY BEST... was racing with Jason and getting to watch him mature as the weekend progressed... His confidence was so high and he truely felt he had a chance for a podium in the last race...

It was nice to have the 27 back out there, THANKS MARSHAL...

There are others to thank but I gotta run....

michaelmosty
04-28-2010, 11:09 AM
I want to say thanks to Jerry for loaning me a brand new shaved RA1 that got me through Sunday! I'll have a new one to you shortly.
Also thanks to Jeremy for making a run to O'Reilly for two inner tie rods that I thought were worn out. I think it was just me making excuses.
Also, if you ever need tire work, the guy at the shop out by T12 did an awesome job. $20 for mount, balance, and delivery back to your pit spot. He even got them knocked out in about 20 minutes!!

Thanks to Ken Brewer and his crew for the food Saturday night!! Also thanks to the few I bummed a few beers from after my delicious Keystone Lights ran out.

I had a great time racing with everyone the entire weekend. It seemed like every time I looked up Al was glued to my rear bumper. The last race was an absolute blast. I had a slight bobble coming onto the front straight that gave Al a run and I edged him out by .03 seconds!!

See y'all at Hallett!!

HoustonNW
04-28-2010, 09:55 PM
Thanks to everyone for the help and patience this weekend.

I am a racer!