PDA

View Full Version : Man dies during track day at Texas Motorspeedway

mitchntx
05-18-2010, 10:59 AM
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local-beat/Man-dies-driving-around-Texas-Motor-Speedway-track-93998504.html

By Shane Allen
NBCDFW.com
updated 8 minutes ago

Police said an 87-year-old man died during his trip around the Texas Motor Speedway track Saturday.

Fred Krusemark was driving around the track when he lost control and hit a wall, police and the Tarrant County Medical Examiner's Office said. He was transported to a local hospital by medical helicopter, where he died.

A friend said in an e-mail that Krusemark was in a Corvette. It is not clear who the car belonged to or what played a factor in the crash, such as speed or weather.

Fort Worth police said Krusemark's death is not under investigation.

"We are not investigating since it was an agreement between the citizen and the track in which the citizen waived liability," police spokesman Paul Henderson said Monday.

Texas Motor Speedway, which hosts many high-profile NASCAR and other racing events, offers driving schools and several "racing experiences" on its website. In the classes, attendees can learn how to drive on a track and experience what NASCAR drivers experience speeding fast around the racing landmark.

It was not known if Krusemark was participating in such an event.

The Texas Motor Speedway did not immediately respond to requests for more information or comment Monday afternoon.

http://media.nbcdfw.com/images/410*307/TMS-Accident.jpg

Rumor has it that this happened during the annual Lone Star Corvette Club event. James, Glenn, Chuck, Nick and I all worked this event years ago. James was almost killed by a driver. We never went back.

David Love AI27
05-18-2010, 11:07 AM
Very sad...

on a lighter note: I was almost killed when I dove under Sam and went 2 wide in T3 at TWS on Saturday... no big deal you say :roll: , I was in a rented 2010 Impala :shock: but I swear, I thought Sam "pointed me by" :P

AI#97
05-18-2010, 11:44 AM
edited....

I was reading the original email on my iphone and missed the request to not post too many details...

Mitch, can you please remove my quote from your post?

Thanks.

mitchntx
05-18-2010, 12:03 PM
edited by request

I hate that the gent was killed but also hate to hear that Andre was involved. Nice guy and a good driver/instructor. Interesting character.

AllZWay
05-18-2010, 12:42 PM
That is terrible news. :(

cmarvel
05-18-2010, 01:13 PM
That is why Driver's Edge only runs solo students at TMS.

I have calls in to Rick and Kevin at Driver's Edge. I will post whatever I hear.

AllZWay
05-18-2010, 01:51 PM
I saw this from another site.

Yep...

i was there this weekend. From what i understand, a tireblew out and they hit the wall in turn 3. I did the hot laps Sunday and seen the skid marks.. a little unsettling while i was going around the track..

kbrewmr2
05-18-2010, 01:52 PM
http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/Bucket-list-treat-ends-in-death-at-Speedway-94030034.html

BryanL
05-18-2010, 04:16 PM
And Sunday my Dad tells me he is thinking of selling his drag car, truck/trailer and getting a new Vette. He used the term Bucket List as well.

BryanL
05-18-2010, 05:11 PM
What kind of safety equipment do the cars/drivers have? Full cage, hans, etc?
My wife heard about this on the radio today and they were saying these are $300k cars-whatever.

AI#97
05-18-2010, 05:19 PM
Looked like a hertz rental vette

mitchntx
05-18-2010, 05:20 PM
What kind of safety equipment do the cars/drivers have? Full cage, hans, etc?
My wife heard about this on the radio today and they were saying these are $300k cars-whatever.

Open face helmet and a 5 point

mitchntx
05-18-2010, 07:32 PM
Please, keep these two and their families in your prayers.

Lewis Tanner
05-18-2010, 11:36 PM
Terrible news. I couldn't believe it when I found out it was Andre. Please let him know he and his family, as well as the Krusemark family are in our prayers.

Boudy
05-19-2010, 09:31 AM
Very sad to hear this. I read that is was Texas Driving Experience. Isn't that Don Barnes' outfit?

Boudy

mitchntx
05-19-2010, 10:01 AM
Very sad to hear this. I read that is was Texas Driving Experience. Isn't that Don Barnes' outfit?

Boudy

Unconfirmed reports tell me that DB went back to Atlanta a few months ago.

He was deeply involved with Panoz for years.

AI#97
05-19-2010, 01:13 PM

Boudy

Unconfirmed reports tell me that DB went back to Atlanta a few months ago.

He was deeply involved with Panoz for years.

Mitch, can you go back and edit your post quoting mine....?

Thanks.

mitchntx
05-21-2010, 11:14 AM
Update ...

Andre is making good prgress.

Responding to simple commands.
Drs. are slowly starting to remove life support equipment.

gt40
05-21-2010, 12:45 PM
Update ...

Andre is making good prgress.

Responding to simple commands.
Drs. are slowly starting to remove life support equipment.Good news -- thanks.

Any word on what his injuries were and what the prognosis is?

mitchntx
05-28-2010, 08:21 PM
Could a mod please move this thread to a forum that is hidden unless logged in. Apparently there has been some snooping going on by investigators.

GlennCMC70
05-28-2010, 08:58 PM
There are none.