PDA

View Full Version : Soles 4 Souls

Mrs. Crumpacker
06-01-2010, 09:47 AM
A good friend is doing a shoe drive in order to get as many pairs of gently used/new shoes for the charity Soles 4 Souls. Please read below and help out if you can. Thank you!

About Soles 4 Souls:
Soles4Souls is a Nashville-based charity that collects shoes from the warehouses of footwear companies and the closets of people like you. The charity distributes these shoes free of charge to people in need, regardless of race, religion, class, or any other criteria. Since 2005, Soles4Souls has given away over 7 million pairs of new and gently worn shoes (currently donating one pair every 9 seconds.) The shoes have been distributed to people in over 125 countries, including Kenya, Thailand, Nepal and the United States. http://www.soles4souls.org/

SO! I am hosting a “shoe drive” that will be reaching out to churches in Houston, Pearland, Sugarland, Deer Park, and Tomball as drop off locations for shoes (and hopefully others.) I am doing whatever possible to coordinate different events and ways to collect shoes. If you could reach out to the racers of NASA and have them bring as many pairs of shoes that they are willing to donate, that would be great! They can be any sizes and types (even heels as I was told that they too have job interviews!), as long as they are lightly worn and in good enough condition to give to another. I will be at the Hallett track and will collect them all. So tell em to dig deep into their closets. Their old shoes might be another person’s first pair! A little incentive…whoever brings shoes is guaranteed a bowl of blueberry crunch dessert! :wink:
Also I will be planning another event like the last crawfish boil we threw at David Love’s as a way to collect shoes…more info on that in about a month.

chris-CMC#35
06-01-2010, 07:02 PM
Holy hole in the sole, Batman - a legitimate reason to get rid of some of my wife's shoes! This is fun. She'll send a pair or two with me.

-chris

Mrs. Crumpacker
06-02-2010, 11:08 AM
I think Sam is saying the same about my shoe collection... :lol:

Every pair helps!

Mrs. Crumpacker
06-09-2010, 11:02 PM
Don't forget to pack your gently used shoes. We will be collecting this weekend!

THANK YOU!

GlennCMC70
06-10-2010, 04:17 PM
Looks like I'll be bringing about 100lbs of these things.

Rsmith350
06-14-2010, 09:48 PM
I would like to personally thank all of you that participated in this endeavor. We collected enough shoes so that David Love had to take them home on the trailer, just wasn't enough room in the car. This is one of the many reasons I continue not only my support of NASA TX but go out of my way to help in any way I can. It's the people! You guys are awesome, every single one of you! I am proud to call you guys friends. Thank you from everyone with the Soles to Souls group and Avie and I personally. This is a huge head start for a very worthy cause. :D

David Love AI27
06-15-2010, 09:29 AM
I would like to personally thank all of you that participated in this endeavor. We collected enough shoes so that David Love had to take them home on the trailer, just wasn't enough room in the car. This is one of the many reasons I continue not only my support of NASA TX but go out of my way to help in any way I can. It's the people! You guys are awesome, every single one of you! I am proud to call you guys friends. Thank you from everyone with the Soles to Souls group and Avie and I personally. This is a huge head start for a very worthy cause. :D

Get your damn car ready so YOU can go home with a 3rd Gen FULL of shoes...

Todd Covini
06-15-2010, 09:59 PM
...and thank YOU for all your work to help out this weekend, Ross.

The event wouldn't have gone off as smooth without the Ross man filling the role of "The Impounder" on the other end of the text msgs with car #s.

Ross also played a big role to assist with the trophy ceremonies and trophy harem girls.

Rsmith350
06-15-2010, 10:23 PM
Thanks Todd, we had a great time with good friends....really all you can ask for. The girls had a blast and really enjoyed meeting everybody. The rest of the Harem will probably be there for TWS since it's closer :)