PDA

View Full Version : THANKS!

ShadowBolt
06-14-2010, 08:39 AM
I want to thank everyone that helped me try to get the 55 back ready to race for Sunday. It was not to be since the pistons hit the valves on a 4.6 when a cam chain breaks for comes off (chain guide broke). Several of you missed the party working on my POS and I really want you to know how much it meant to Jay and I. Dr. Frank did the most work and without his knowledge I had no chance. I don't really understand why an engine can't be made where the pistons have enough relief cut in them for the valves but I'm no engineer.

Thanks again to everyone that helped and Doc. I owe you big time!

JJ

AI#97
06-14-2010, 01:01 PM
sucks Jerry. Rumble strips at Hallett eat those guides so be careful. It can also be a sign of bad harmonic balancer or flywheel. I'd check the fly wheel as well for this...

http://www.aggie97.com/hole.jpg

stock cast flywheels should NOT be used in racing environments for safety reasons.

cobra132
06-15-2010, 03:25 PM
Glad to help out. I only wish we could have found something that we could fix. FMR

stevecmc8
06-15-2010, 08:09 PM
Thanks, Jerry, for letting the wife and I hang out in the RV. It sure made the day easier! And she says thanks for letting her make her cobblers! Thanks, also, to Randy and Glen for letting me use their bicycles to get around since I flew in and didn't have my scooter. It was a great weekend!

Todd Covini
06-15-2010, 09:50 PM
Thanks, also, to Randy and Glen for letting me use their bicycles to get around since I flew in and didn't have my scooter. It was a great weekend!

I was wondering why the bikes were never where I left them!!! :lol:

(If only Fernandez brought my bike like I had asked.... :roll: :wink: )