PDA

View Full Version : Once again, I have a new contact number.

GlennCMC70
07-13-2010, 05:06 PM
Looks like I'm changing jobs Monday. So I'll be giving up the company phone I've had for almost a year. I'll be going back to my old personal cell number.
817-350-3542 will be the best number to reach me at starting Friday. The old number of 817-301-5224 will likely have a message forwarding you to the new number, but I cant be sure that will happen.

FYI, this is also the reason I may have to back out of Nationals. New company has a policy that requires I wait 90 days before I can take any time off.

Papa Kellam
07-13-2010, 07:05 PM
Tell them you will work overtime (unpaid) to make up for time off. Have Al haul your trailer and car, fly out Wednesday afternoon (7pm Drivers Meeting) and fly out Sat. afternoon or Sunday. Be home for work on Monday. EASY!
Where there is a will there is a way. Got to go for the THREE-PEAT!

Todd Covini
07-13-2010, 07:24 PM
Whoa...congrats on the new job! From all the talk and your thread title, I thought maybe you had new contact to report this week.

mitchntx
07-13-2010, 07:32 PM
Whoa...congrats on the new job! From all the talk and your thread title, I thought maybe you had new contact to report this week.

Now that's funny right there ... I don't care who ya are ...

GlennCMC70
07-13-2010, 09:33 PM
Tell them you will work overtime (unpaid) to make up for time off. Have Al haul your trailer and car, fly out Wednesday afternoon (7pm Drivers Meeting) and fly out Sat. afternoon or Sunday. Be home for work on Monday. EASY!

Already been talked about. I signed an offer letter back on July 2nd. I was waiting for them to complete my background check. I start Monday and that is something I'll be talking w/ them about.
I've also considered missing the qual races and just grid up from the back Sat and see what I can do in 40 minutes. I've done more w/ less in less time before.
I've also considered giving my entry to someone if they would go and run for the region. Texas has been on the podium all 4 years. Most of which has had at least 2 Texans on it. I dont want my 4 year podium streak to end and I dont want my win streak to end either.

Todd Covini
07-13-2010, 09:42 PM
....plus there's that whole "Traveling Trophy" thing we need to keep in Texas too!

GlennCMC70
07-13-2010, 09:45 PM
....plus there's that whole "Traveling Trophy" thing we need to keep in Texas too!

If I win it, I'm keeping it at your house.

JJordan
07-13-2010, 10:19 PM

FYI, Texas law REQUIRES any non-exempt employee to be paid overtime for ALL hours worked over 40 hours in a work week. Obviously, this type of arrangement gets done all the time, but it may not be as easy as it sounds.

If you can keep it between you and your manager you are probably fine. If HR is involved, good luck... They don't like the possibility of being sued. :roll:

-Jay

cobra132
07-14-2010, 07:44 AM
You passed the background check???

AllZWay
07-14-2010, 07:57 AM
Congrats...So what is the new job?

Todd...that was prety good. :lol:

GlennCMC70
07-14-2010, 08:15 AM
You passed the background check???

They dont know about Hallett 2009.
They do know about OKC though.

New job is a Field Operations Tech for Crown Castle. They own cellulare towers and lease space to cellulare companys. I'll be performing Quarterly and Annual PM's that involve a wide range of repair. I'll be using contractors to do the climbing of the towers when required.
Its alot like my forner job w/ Sprint/Nextel. I'll have a larger area to cover and more sites. 250 sites spread fromthe Red River to Waco and from the east side of Dallas to Abilene. Lots of windshield time for me. I worked this type of job for 8 years w/ Sprint/Nextel.

Pay is half way between where I am today and where I was w/ Sprint after 8 years.

Waco Racer
07-14-2010, 08:35 AM
I've also considered missing the qual races and just grid up from the back Sat and see what I can do in 40 minutes. I've done more w/ less in less time before.
I've also considered giving my entry to someone if they would go and run for the region. Texas has been on the podium all 4 years. Most of which has had at least 2 Texans on it. I dont want my 4 year podium streak to end and I dont want my win streak to end either.

You could change your entry to a team and have someone at least shake down the car, make sure the set-up is 100% and improve your qualifying spot. Then arrive Saturday and race for the title. If there's someone you trust to not wreck your car.

kbrewmr2
07-14-2010, 08:43 AM
I've also considered giving my entry to someone if they would go and run for the region. Texas has been on the podium all 4 years. Most of which has had at least 2 Texans on it.

TTF & PTF entries are looking like they aren't going to make it at this moment - no one else from TX will go and SoCal is the only other region that has actual participation and those guys aren't signing up either. I won't go out there if my classes don't make it.

I could be talked into something else.

I don't know if I could get enough Camaro seat time between now and then to do the car justice if I'm running all 3 races so Clifton's team idea might be an option as well - put me in the car to collect points in the qual races but keep the car clean. Won't start DFL for the big race that way...

cjlmlml
07-14-2010, 09:26 AM
Looks like I'm changing jobs Monday. So I'll be giving up the company phone I've had for almost a year. I'll be going back to my old personal cell number.
817-350-3542 will be the best number to reach me at starting Friday. The old number of 817-301-5224 will likely have a message forwarding you to the new number, but I cant be sure that will happen.

FYI, this is also the reason I may have to back out of Nationals. New company has a policy that requires I wait 90 days before I can take any time off.

Does this really need to be a sticky?

Come on.

michaelmosty
07-14-2010, 09:55 AM
Congrats on the job Glenn, I hope all works out to make Nats.
Thank goodness racing contact is not part of the background check. :shock:

David Love AI27
07-14-2010, 10:17 AM

You could change your entry to a team and have someone at least shake down the car, make sure the set-up is 100% and improve your qualifying spot. Then arrive Saturday and race for the title. If there's someone you trust to not wreck your car.

There is this guy in the Dallas area that is about your same size, has some driving experience, been to Nationals and just started driving a 4th gen daily driver.... :roll:

David Love AI27
07-14-2010, 10:19 AM
I thought maybe you had new contact to report this week.

Got coffee all over my shirt....

BryanL
07-14-2010, 11:06 AM

Well that takes you out as an option.

David Love AI27
07-14-2010, 11:21 AM

Another coffee stain... and I just changed shirts

Waco Racer
07-14-2010, 12:25 PM

That's funny, he's let me drive his car before. However, I wasn't talking about me. I know of 1 or 2 other drivers that will most likely be at Miller that could do the job.

GlennCMC70
07-14-2010, 01:15 PM
If I was to give my entry away, I would want to give it to someone I felt I owed it to or deserved the help I recieved in the past. The Jordan's are more than welcome to take it. I'll not list names beyond that due to the risk of offending folks. If you think you can go in my place and its the entry thats keeping you from it, contact me. I'll know more of my status come Monday morning.

Wirtz
07-14-2010, 02:19 PM
Thanks nice of you to offer it up Glenn but I hope you end up getting the pieces put together so you can go up and bring it home again.

mitchntx
07-14-2010, 02:38 PM
Thanks nice of you to offer it up Glenn but I hope you end up getting the pieces put together so you can go up and bring it home again.

No, he was offering it to me.

BryanL
07-14-2010, 02:47 PM
If I was to give my entry away, I would want to give it to someone I felt I owed it to or deserved the help I recieved in the past. The Jordan's are more than welcome to take it. I'll not list names beyond that due to the risk of offending folks. If you think you can go in my place and its the entry thats keeping you from it, contact me. I'll know more of my status come Monday morning.

I want you to get on your knees and BEG!

GlennCMC70
07-14-2010, 02:48 PM
Perhaps one of you could cover for me here for a few days.

Wirtz
07-14-2010, 03:24 PM
I like that idea. I vote a Glenn impersonation contest for TWS!

michaelmosty
07-14-2010, 04:10 PM
Lets all hit up Wal Mart for the blue shirt and shorts.

BryanL
07-14-2010, 04:16 PM
Lets all hit up Wal Mart for the blue shirt and shorts.

Greatness. I'll wear the rarely seen Gold that made him look like Big Bird.

I'll do an impersonation in my hail damaged Suburban if you let me on track. I would start at the front on the invert, if I get a good jump and can catch the field going into 13 with my lack of brakes I bet I could take out 3/4 of the field.

mitchntx
07-14-2010, 04:24 PM
:swish:

Market is up ... Bryan is feeling his Wheaties

GlennCMC70
07-14-2010, 06:54 PM
See, Bryan has it all wrong.
When have I ever started up front for an Invert?
Your thinking of yourself and all those who want to drive around the track holding hands singing "coom-by-ya"

Papa Kellam
07-14-2010, 07:32 PM
Amen

Papa Kellam
07-14-2010, 07:40 PM
Actually I like the team idea if you can't be there before Saturday.
If JW has nothing to do he could put you on the pole for Saturday and then you could drive it home for the THREE-PEAT.
Or, let AF drive for qualifying since he will be there for sure. Then you arrive and get all the glory!

GlennCMC70
07-14-2010, 08:13 PM
Mike Patterson will already be there.

Todd Covini
07-15-2010, 12:28 AM
I'll be there...and I've been called The Stig by some. 8)

mitchntx
07-15-2010, 04:32 AM

must .... refrain ........... from ....................... comment ........................

Kahn!
http://www.lovehkfilm.com/blog/juiyinjong/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/shatner_st2.jpg

michaelmosty
07-15-2010, 07:53 AM
Thats a good one Todd, I hope David Love doesn't get coffee on another shirt. :lol:

kbrewmr2
07-15-2010, 08:47 AM
HPDE1 students maybe... Todd who? :lol: :P

good to hear you've got experienced driver options Glenn. No excuses not to get the car out there now :wink: :D Go get 'em!

David Love AI27
07-15-2010, 07:07 PM
Thats a good one Todd, I hope David Love doesn't get coffee on another shirt. :lol:

Stopped drinking coffee while on the forums... did lots of eye rolling tho... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: