PDA

View Full Version : I lost an Uncle today!

AllZWay
07-27-2010, 10:42 AM
I lost an Uncle today that I was pretty close too. :(

We traveled racing MX most of my teenage years. He and my Dad raced in the over 30 class together.

I got a call on July 3rd that he had gone to the hospital with pain in his side. They x-rayed and sent him to Dallas for gall bladder removal. He was opened up and the gall bladder was cancer and had attached itself to his liver and stomach.

There was nothing they could do and he passed away this morning. He would have been 60 next month.

Not this really matters at this time, but I am most likely going to miss TWS, depending on when the funeral is held.

evarner
07-27-2010, 11:32 AM
Sorry to hear. :( Thoughts with you and family.

michaelmosty
07-27-2010, 01:00 PM
I'm sorry to hear that James. Thoughts and prayers are with your family.

ShadowBolt
07-27-2010, 03:20 PM
Sorry James. Your dad's brother? Hope your dad is doing alright. One thing no one can take from you is the great times you had with him at the MX tracks.
He will live forever in your mind.

JJ

Fbody383
07-27-2010, 03:41 PM
You guys are in our prayers, too.

AllZWay
07-27-2010, 04:28 PM
Sorry James. Your dad's brother? Hope your dad is doing alright. One thing no one can take from you is the great times you had with him at the MX tracks.
He will live forever in your mind.

JJ

Actually he was my Mom's brother, but he and my Dad were close since my parents got married some 40+ years ago.

Thanks everyone... I am fine, but I am worried about Mom.

BryanL
07-27-2010, 05:08 PM
Sorry to hear that for your family and your Mom. Always love seeing your parents at the track.

Never knew there was over 30 BMX racing either-sure there were lots of good memories.

ShadowBolt
07-27-2010, 06:19 PM
Sorry to hear that for your family and your Mom. Always love seeing your parents at the track.

Never knew there was over 30 BMX racing either-sure there were lots of good memories.

MX not BMX.

JJ

GlennCMC70
07-27-2010, 08:46 PM
Sorry to hear it James.

BlueFirePony
07-28-2010, 12:08 PM
Please pass along my respects. Your Mom is a sweet lady and your Dad is such a great guy...prayers are with you all.

AllZWay
07-28-2010, 06:59 PM
I defintiely am not going to make TWS, but will see everyone at ECR.

I hope everyone has a safe, fun and contact free weekend.

Drink lots of water...the temp is going to be miserable.

David Love AI27
07-28-2010, 09:50 PM
I defintiely am not going to make TWS, but will see everyone at ECR.

I hope everyone has a safe, fun and contact free weekend.

Drink lots of water...the temp is going to be miserable.

prayers going up from all of us on the LiiR team... our condolences to you and your family... please give a big hug to your Mom for me... she has always been so kind to me and my family...

Todd Covini
07-28-2010, 11:16 PM
Family first, James.
Hope everyone is doing OK considering.