PDA

View Full Version : Need suggestion for rental car for SVTOA event....

AI#97
06-22-2006, 03:21 PM
Budget set me a reservation for a 2dr V6 stang but they are "out"....don't feel like chancing a crown vic or charger and don't want to pay $350/day for a corvette....

Any suggestions for a "sports car" rental for the weekend? I will be instructing but just wanted some left seat time before august even if it is in a street car. Thanks!

Worst case I go down and right seat drive every session I can....I am just worried my nerves will be shot by the end of the weekend! Do you think they will let me take my 3/4 ton 4x4 out on track?! It said "all makes Friendly"!!! :wink:

Rob Liebbe
06-22-2006, 03:57 PM
Some of the smaller Mazdas are really good. GTO might be good. Toyota Solara. Hertz has some sportier stuff sometimes. Weekend dealer test drive so "the wife can see it too". TWS track Miata !!!!!! :o

michaelmosty
06-22-2006, 04:09 PM
If you can find one, I hear the Daewoo is a sharp ride! :wink:

AI#97
06-22-2006, 04:30 PM
Some of the smaller Mazdas are really good. GTO might be good. Toyota Solara. Hertz has some sportier stuff sometimes. Weekend dealer test drive so "the wife can see it too". TWS track Miata !!!!!! :o

Thought of that "test drive" stuff but I am atleast trying to be halfway honest and atleast take out the Loss Damage Waiver! :lol: I have made a couple more calls to Budget at Love Field and they have a couple of stangs....just concerned about burning it up because I don't know when to slow down! Damn aggressive personality disorder... :P

Called Hertz and tried for an Audi A6 but didn't want to be passing any of you CMC guys......and it was booked! :wink:

Heading down tomorrow afternoon and settling into the hotel. HoJo out on 6 is only $49/night so I may start rethinking my lodging for August and NOT camping in the trailer!

drierson
06-22-2006, 06:16 PM
I hear some Hertz have Infinity G35. That would be an okay track ride.

AI#97
06-22-2006, 08:49 PM
I hear some Hertz have Infinity G35. That would be an okay track ride.

All booked! :wink: There were also a couple of CTS's and one jaguar.

If I can get my hands on the V6 stang, that will be fine and it's only $76 for three days but I am sure the LDW and taxes will add up! Maybe I will get luck and get a v8 car from out of state?!