PDA

View Full Version : Every Instructor's nightmare student

Todd Covini
07-29-2010, 11:02 PM
LOL...too funny, but too common.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7iUKaPlBl8

Rob Liebbe
07-30-2010, 07:42 AM
I would have refused to promote him and then nudged him with my CMC hooptie and offer to sign the blue paint smear on his rear bumper.

ShadowBolt
07-30-2010, 10:39 AM
I think there is one of these guys at every DE. Usually after the first session they find out they are not near as good as they think they are.

Jerry

AllZWay
07-30-2010, 11:02 AM
That is hilarious... and so very acurate.

Maybe the GT40 guy from TWS was the insperation for the movie.

It usually seems many Porsche guys I have instructed are also this very type.

Fbody383
07-30-2010, 11:44 AM
That is too funny. That's what I say to the PCA guys when I take the CMC car.

gt40
07-30-2010, 12:42 PM
I run into this type occasionally, but I think Misty is pretty good at sniffing out the type and laying down the law pretty early on. I haven't jgotten one yet (knock on wood,) but I'm sure I will dsooner or later. My students are usually the opposite. I have to push them to drive the car harder.

ShadowBolt
07-30-2010, 02:31 PM
That is hilarious... and so very acurate.

Maybe the GT40 guy from TWS was the insperation for the movie.

It usually seems many Porsche guys I have instructed are also this very type.

Wayne had a guy in a Ford GT at a TDE event that got pissed when Wayne drove his car in the first part of the first green session on Sat. morning. He told Wayne that he was abusing his new car!

JJ

chris-CMC#35
07-30-2010, 07:06 PM
Oh yeah, he's out there. In the Rocky Mtn region, he usually shows up in a ZR1...

BryanL
08-01-2010, 05:12 PM
That is greatness. I agree that should be shown as the introduction to all new DE students. Loved quoting it this weekend.

Procter is right the guy in the GT at TWS was a classic example. I remember the stuff on Fridays test day. Then in the Sat morning instruction he said.
"Some things happened yesterday and I think the people that had a problem with me were wrong. I drive a GT that has 700 rwhp and its going to get awa from you at times"

"No, its pretty much a stock miata"

Shortcutsleeping
08-01-2010, 06:33 PM
<shaking head>
It's funny because it is at least partially true. In many years of right-seat hollering I've only come across one that was similar. Frustrating for sure.

Costas
cars and such...