PDA

View Full Version : Track support

David Love AI27
09-10-2010, 10:50 AM
Ken Brewer gave me a great idea... Since I'm still unemployed I would like to offer trailer service at the track... repack hubs, brake repairs, wiring repairs for both 12v lights and 120v service for enclosed trailers... also, I have a manual tire machine... would anyone be interestd in that kind of service??

mitchntx
09-10-2010, 03:50 PM
Ken Brewer gave me a great idea... Since I'm still unemployed I would like to offer trailer service at the track... repack hubs, brake repairs, wiring repairs for both 12v lights and 120v service for enclosed trailers... also, I have a manual tire machine... would anyone be interestd in that kind of service??

David, I have been putting off wiring the trailer's battery into the RV plug so that it charges while travelling.

Basically needs a hot wire fished down a piece of conduit, into a junction box and then to my winch. I want a continuous run from the plug to the winch. No splices between.

Then a solid system ground if what I have is not good enough.

Will TDE have you tied up all weekend?

David Love AI27
09-10-2010, 08:51 PM

David, I have been putting off wiring the trailer's battery into the RV plug so that it charges while travelling.

Basically needs a hot wire fished down a piece of conduit, into a junction box and then to my winch. I want a continuous run from the plug to the winch. No splices between.

Then a solid system ground if what I have is not good enough.

Will TDE have you tied up all weekend?

I will be fairly busy, but I can look at it and make sure I have all the materials and tools to complete the job at ECR...

mitchntx
09-10-2010, 09:22 PM
I will be fairly busy, but I can look at it and make sure I have all the materials and tools to complete the job at ECR...

I appreciate it.

But I won;t have the trailer at ECR.

Todd Covini
09-12-2010, 08:50 AM
http://assets.gearlive.com/filmcrunch/blogimages/stooges_curly.jpg

Rob Liebbe
09-12-2010, 09:09 AM
http://assets.gearlive.com/filmcrunch/blogimages/stooges_curly.jpg

Hey Todd - you do look like Curly - not the guy from The Shield. :)

David Love AI27
09-13-2010, 10:53 AM

I appreciate it.

But I won;t have the trailer at ECR.

I got REALY busy on grid on Sunday... I have tons of wire and all the necessary tools including two "fishing" tools... I'l get with you the next time I up that way. Sheri and I hung out at the lake in Granbury Sat. night and really enjoyed it there. We plan to make it back up there early at the next Cresson or ECR event, just to hang out....

BryanL
09-13-2010, 03:26 PM

I would be interested as my trailer is due to have the hubs repacked and brakes checked. Probably be next year though so I hope you have found work by then.