PDA

View Full Version : Special Thanks

JasonLiiR
09-14-2010, 09:10 AM
I wanted to say thanks again to Dr. Frank for letting me come out and hound on his 289/325 BMW. Truely a home engineered master peice. We had to chase a overheating problem all weekend and on Sunday morning I got out there and kept it going for about 2 hours and 15 minutes or so. Without 5th gear and not pushing it over 4500 was capable of setting the teams fast lap by 5 seconds and moved us up 11 spots after starting that morning 1 lap down from the next place car. After some consideration we decided to save the motor and load up around 11:30. Our race ended early but once we get the cooling situation figured out and get a 5th gear, look out Lemons Texas, we are coming for that trophy. Thanks again Frank. I had a great time and thanks for letting me crash in the Robertson Inn, that AC works great.

Fbody383
09-14-2010, 09:48 AM
Excellent! I was looking for an update. Hate to hear you guys had teething problems with the car. You guys need to stop helping Jason get faster.

JasonLiiR
09-14-2010, 10:03 AM
You can't stop the inevitable.

cobra132
09-14-2010, 01:45 PM
It was fun as usual and Jason and I, of course, drove flawlessly and were able to keep the engine cool and avoid the judges. It was more than a little frustrating being passed by "$500" race tuned miatas, a lexus, a benz, and multiple ford SHO's and mustangs nicer than some of our AI/CMC cars. We show up in a POS 87 325e with a 43 year old 289 and a broken trans and still get fined 10 laps. :evil: Oh Well. FMR

Fbody383
09-14-2010, 03:30 PM
"$500" race tuned miatas, a lexus, a benz, and multiple ford SHO's and mustangs nicer than some of our AI/CMC cars. I know you guys were the sportsmen we expect. For the effort some of those guys go through, they could have a nice race car.

Add a "claim rule" and that crap will stop.

kbrewmr2
09-15-2010, 11:42 AM
we finally got through BS Tech clean with my team - a $400 325es that came with the ricer coilovers and wheels on it too! Ugh. Then we proceeded to screw ourselves with spins, mechanical issues, etc and throw it all away. Maybe February will be our time.

That said the Mitsubishi that did win on laps wasn't anything special - I had a great scrap with them before I spun to avoid a car that gave me a point and then slammed the door on my 30mph closing speed :roll: . The driver at the time had some skill and was giving it all, but I could pull away if I didn't get balked by traffic too bad so its not like it was a cheater car at all. The Saturn that lead for a while wasn't anything special either.