PDA

View Full Version : My first traffic stop in the V

mitchntx
09-29-2010, 05:01 PM
Occurred about 15 minutes ago, 2 miles from my house.

I was doing 65 in a 70 ...
Seat belt on ...
Current inspection and registration ...
Current license and insurance card ...
Had a front plate mounted ...
Catalytic convertors were on ...

After about 10 minutes of hunting ... too dark tint warning ticket.
His meter read 18% on the side windows ... :roll:

GlennCMC70
09-29-2010, 06:34 PM
hoodlum.

David Love AI27
09-30-2010, 10:32 AM
Occurred about 15 minutes ago, 2 miles from my house.

I was doing 65 in a 70 ...
Seat belt on ...
Current inspection and registration ...
Current license and insurance card ...
Had a front plate mounted ...
Catalytic convertors were on ...

After about 10 minutes of hunting ... too dark tint warning ticket.
His meter read 18% on the side windows ... :roll:

At least it wasn't a ticket... I got one in Jason's truck... 2%... $250.00 fine

kbrewmr2
09-30-2010, 11:02 AM
factory tint? I'd tell him where to put that warning....

Fbody383
09-30-2010, 11:31 AM
After about 10 minutes of hunting ...

As the son of a cop, I'm fed up with that crap.

Couple weeks ago coming home in the back entrance to the neighborhood there are some speed tables and it's a fairly narrow street. The oncoming F150 was there first so I waved him on even though there was a car parked on his side of the street.

I DID NOT let the moron behind him, whose left wheels were in my lane come through so he stops and rolls his window down. Gives me the "I have the right of way" line and wants to blow it up and asks if I want him to call the local PD.

I say "sure, let's call 'em." So he starts digging around in his pocket and shows me a badge and starts his line of crap. So I ask the officer for his name, which he won't give me.

But since it's 2010 and everybody has a cell phone, and he told me where he worked, his Lieutenant was happy to give me his name. Apparently both guys live in my neighborhood and the guy I met is a rookie. No formal protest submitted but I was confident my new friend, Officer Burroughs, learned a lesson.

I say call the dudes Captain and make them tell you why they initiated the stop.

ShadowBolt
09-30-2010, 01:04 PM
After about 10 minutes of hunting ...

As the son of a cop, I'm fed up with that crap.

I know the feeling. My dad was with the DPS for 33 years. We was license and weight for the first 10 years then was seargent in Abilene for 3 years, and then an instructor at the academy for 20 years. Even as an instructor he was a commissioned officer, carried a concealed 45, wore plain clothes and drove a plain white wrapper with a 383 or 440 in it. Used to be most DPS and larger city officers were mostly good guys with a lot of the small city cops being the A-holes. Now..........

JJ

michaelmosty
09-30-2010, 01:47 PM
Awesome story Dave! :lol:

cobra132
09-30-2010, 09:39 PM
It's just another tax. Get ready, more to come. FMR