PDA

View Full Version : Please read: important announcement about NASA Texas

Al Fernandez
11-04-2010, 03:15 PM
Read the press release here:

http://www.nasaproracing.com/2010/11/nasa-to-expand-events-in-the-s.html

In short, Jay and Shannon are no longer the Texas Regional Directors, that role being taken over by Dave and Revkah Balingit effective immediately.

I spoke to Shannon briefly, and she is excited about being able to focus on the Mile and Jay’s racing. They plan to be full time competitors with NASA with at least one and possibly two cars. I wish both of them the best of luck in their plans and thank them for establishing NASA Texas and giving all of us a place to call our racing home for so many years.
Revkah, Dave…welcome to Texas!!!

nasa-rm
11-04-2010, 03:27 PM
Thanks Al.

We've got some big shoes to fill but are very excited about growing NASA TX to that next level. Over the next month, we will be looking to everyone for feedback and insight.

We realize that Texas/LA/OK market is different from here and we want to keep that Texas flair, but will also be trying some new things out.

Fbody383
11-04-2010, 04:01 PM
They plan to be full time competitors with NASA with at least one and possibly two cars. They should come play with us...

Congrats guys and good luck with The Mile. I still want to tape up a CMC car and see what it'll do.

Funny this isn't in the ANNOUNCEMENT section. :roll:

Hey Dave and Revkah, welcome... so about that ECR date... 8)

mitchntx
11-04-2010, 04:02 PM
we will be looking to everyone for feedback and insight.

Wow ... just wow ...

Jay and Shannon brought affordable racing to Texas. I have been blessed to be a part of their entire program ... from DEs to TTs to W2W.

I've also played in the Balingit's backyard and I can certainly see N-Tx going to another level. Dave and Revka run a quality show. I was impressed with their hands-on approach and face time with the group.

We've seen it at Hallett.

Welcome to the Balingits ...

Fbody383
11-04-2010, 04:12 PM
From the NASATX site news release:

Schedule
An exciting schedule of events for 2011 is being planned. This schedule will continue to accommodate the Texas Region members with similar dates at their favorite tracks but will expand to accommodate the larger area and increase the popularity and availability of NASA’s signature HPDE and Time Trial programs. Expect that the schedule will be released by late-November.

Almost like an early Christmas present... I might need more vacation.

kbrewmr2
11-04-2010, 04:17 PM
Thanks Jay & Shannon
Welcome Dave & Revkah

GlennCMC70
11-04-2010, 04:25 PM
I still want to tape up a CMC car and see what it'll do.

One year Todd put the mile on the schedule as a points race. Didn't go over too well.
I too have been wanting to take a CMC car in full legal CMC trim. We should go as far as to establish SPEC class speed records.

ShadowBolt
11-04-2010, 05:32 PM
Hey, This means LT can come back. I don't know the man myself but his excuse is gone.

JJ

nasa-rm
11-04-2010, 05:40 PM
Hey, This means LT can come back. I don't know the man myself but his excuse is gone.

JJ

Isn't that the guy who played for the Cowboys that ya'll ran out of town?

GlennCMC70
11-04-2010, 05:43 PM

JJ

From my understanding, there is a list of them behind that one.

Todd Covini
11-04-2010, 11:20 PM
Overall I think this is a win-win for Texas! More road racing, more HPDE and more Texas Mile. How can we go wrong!?!

Should we put a a 10 points race at the Texas Mile for 2011 now???
I wanna!

-=- T

David Love AI27
11-05-2010, 06:26 AM
Thanks Jay & Shannon
Welcome Dave & Revkah

Ditto

michaelmosty
11-05-2010, 07:47 AM
It mentions a new 2011 schedule will be coming out in late November. Will there be a change from the existing schedule? Different dates than current or more dates added to the existing?

AllZWay
11-05-2010, 07:53 AM
Congrats Dave and Revkah and Welcome to Texas.

Good Luck to Jay and Shannon and thanks for all your effort over the years.

gt40
11-05-2010, 09:32 AM
Overall I think this is a win-win for Texas! More road racing, more HPDE and more Texas Mile. How can we go wrong!?!

Should we put a a 10 points race at the Texas Mile for 2011 now???
I wanna!

-=- TIt would be interesting, but the lightweight, low HP cars (Mosty,) would be at a disadvantage.

nasa-rm
11-05-2010, 10:17 AM
It mentions a new 2011 schedule will be coming out in late November. Will there be a change from the existing schedule? Different dates than current or more dates added to the existing?

We've got some different ideas on the table that have to be accomplished in order to grow HPDE/TT. So there will be some changes possibly made to the schedule to get it done.

I'l have more details next week, but something similar to 2009/2010 blended with 2011 and another date or two added. How's that for vague? 8)

gt40
11-05-2010, 02:02 PM
We've got some different ideas on the table that have to be accomplished in order to grow HPDE/TT. So there will be some changes possibly made to the schedule to get it done.

I'l have more details next week, but something similar to 2009/2010 blended with 2011 and another date or two added. How's that for vague? 8)Will you be communicating the HPDE changes through Ryan?

nasa-rm
11-05-2010, 07:19 PM

I'l have more details next week, but something similar to 2009/2010 blended with 2011 and another date or two added. How's that for vague? 8)Will you be communicating the HPDE changes through Ryan?

All changes will be communicated through chiefs, email blasts, website and forums. Whatever it takes to get the clear message out quickly and efficiently.