PDA

View Full Version : BlueFire Racing redeux

BlueFirePony
12-12-2010, 10:24 AM
PRESS RELEASE - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

December 12, 2010

It seems like only yesterday...

BlueFire Racing will have a change in the driver lineup for the 2011 American Iron/Camaro Mustang Challenge season.
David Garland (aka Sprint#84 and AceRacerGoFast84 - hey, he wanted Speed Racer but someone beat him to it) will be co-driving the team's #404 American Iron entry.
David is a well know fixture in the Sprint Series of Texas and will be bringing his considerable experience and ability to not spin out every third turn. As with teammate Clifton Winkleman, Garland will have his hands full working with co-driver Brian Calder.
"My personal goal is show Brian how he can turn right to go left...but we'll be starting with some less complicated stuff like how to turn on the camera!"

Clifton Winkleman will continue his involvement with the team testing during the off-season and periodically through the season as well as being head cheer leader.
"I am thinking about switching to a black cowboy hat and hoping I get a pair of big blue and black pom pom's for Christmas", Winkleman was heard muttering.

Garland is also bringing key sponsorships to the BlueFire Racing team for the 2011 season as the team combines their SST and NASA activities. Specific sponsorship details will be announced at a later date.

As was the case previously, the team will be working through the season to make BlueFirePony a more competitive car. Unlike last year, the team will actually be turning on the power tools. In fact, significant changes have already been made to the car. Brian Calder stated, "We originally chose #404 as a geeky inside joke - "Car Not Found" as a play on "Page Not Found" in the internet technical jargon - but as it turns out 404lbs is precisely how much the car was overweight post-race when Clifton drove. It was cool having a racing related reason for the number....with the changes we've made now we just have to shrug our shoulders and say 'cause it looks neat".

The team announcement comes in advance of Round 1 at Mercedes-Benz Sugarland Raceway near Angleton, Texas January 29-30, 2011. “With David's regular SST schedule being well over 20 races in 2011, we'll be working to get him in the car at key points through the season", suggested team co-owner Kyri Calder, "like pretty much anytime Dad wants to drive".

Garland also brings a renewed focus for the team in their Outreach program for the 2011 season. Details will be announced later, but the team is working a relationship with a local group at a grass-roots level.

BlueFire Racing can be reached on BlueFireRacing.Com and also on Facebook.

Rob Liebbe
12-13-2010, 09:27 AM
Cool - best of luck this year!

Al Fernandez
12-14-2010, 05:48 PM
You guys rock! :lol: Good luck!!

AllZWay
12-14-2010, 06:10 PM
Sounds cool... Can't wait to meet the dirt track guy. :)

#84Sprint
12-14-2010, 09:14 PM
Hello All,
I have been working on the BlueFire racing Mustang GT for next year and off shooting video at the Lone star shootout this past weekend so had not been on here much,
If you like to check out some video and photo art you can go to my FaceBook under David Garland or Youtube account aceracergofast
Looking forward to meeting every one and have some fun racing door to door with you all...

P.s can any one tell me how to make my avatar work, I keep getting a Error at the top of the page HELP

Fbody383
12-15-2010, 01:44 PM
Welcome aboard!

...and off shooting video at the Lone star shootout this past weekend.. You know we always need volunteers for this "little" year end project?

P.s can any one tell me how to make my avatar work, I keep getting a Error at the top of the page HELPHave you stayed at an Holiday Inn recently?

BlueFirePony
12-15-2010, 02:51 PM
Dave is definately on top of the whole video thing....he's got some great vidz for you all to check put from the SST races and will be a big plus to our video exploits in 2011.
And again, big kudos to DF and everyone else that worked on the 2010 vid!

jdlingle
12-15-2010, 04:56 PM
"P.s can any one tell me how to make my avatar work, I keep getting a Error at the top of the page HELP"

Open the photo you want to use with Microsoft Office Picture Manager. Click on edit pictures, resize, and type in 150 by 150 in the custom box. SAVE AS so as not to lose your original size photo and then use the smaller photo foryour avatar and that should work.

#84Sprint
12-15-2010, 06:10 PM
"P.s can any one tell me how to make my avatar work, I keep getting a Error at the top of the page HELP"

Open the photo you want to use with Microsoft Office Picture Manager. Click on edit pictures, resize, and type in 150 by 150 in the custom box. SAVE AS so as not to lose your original size photo and then use the smaller photo foryour avatar and that should work.

Sounds good, Thanks for the info............

#84Sprint
12-15-2010, 06:18 PM
Welcome aboard!

...and off shooting video at the Lone star shootout this past weekend.. You know we always need volunteers for this "little" year end project?

P.s can any one tell me how to make my avatar work, I keep getting a Error at the top of the page HELPHave you stayed at an Holiday Inn recently?

I will bring a few Drift HD170 cameras to the event and will try to get some event video
working on some new software for 2011 to make some eye popping video

am all ways willing to volunteer to help if my scheduling fits

cobra132
12-15-2010, 07:23 PM
Welcome! Did you guys put a giant vertical wing on 404? Santa Claus is bringing me a Drift HD170, it looks like a great setup. FMR

#84Sprint
12-15-2010, 08:59 PM
Welcome! Did you guys put a giant vertical wing on 404? Santa Claus is bringing me a Drift HD170, it looks like a great setup. FMR

SHH Quiet, The wing was a secret..LoL

Yes the Drift is Awesome I Love every thing about it...

BlueFirePony
12-16-2010, 11:57 PM

SHH Quiet, The wing was a secret..LoL

You know me...I am all about the aero :wink:

Rob Liebbe
12-17-2010, 09:45 PM
[quote="BlueFirePonyYou know me...I am all about the aero :wink:[/quote]

Aero in reverse helps you fly over tire barriers I'm guessing.

BlueFirePony
12-18-2010, 04:53 PM
Hmmmmm......;)