PDA

View Full Version : GRM Calendar

jeffburch
12-29-2010, 04:19 PM
Anybody want my 2011 GRM calendar featuring GrandAm instead of NASA?
Free for the taking.

jb

Fbody383
12-29-2010, 04:46 PM
Only if you'll autograph it Mr. Da Champ.

BlueFirePony
12-29-2010, 05:03 PM
If I can figure out what part of "grassroots" Grand Am fills I might be interested...but don't think my brain can figure out that one.

GlennCMC70
12-29-2010, 05:28 PM
I shit can'ed mine.

AllZWay
12-29-2010, 05:33 PM
I was curious also what NASA & Grassroots had to do with Grand-Am.

ShadowBolt
12-29-2010, 06:20 PM
I shit can'ed mine.

Me too. It's got a Kia in it!

JJ

mitchntx
12-29-2010, 07:17 PM
Seriously? You guys are just now seeing NASA leaving their "grassroots" heritage and going where the money is?

Have you been under a rock while the rules have crept away from budget racing and into bank account racing?

And for the most part, the racers are to blame.

Been wanting black and white rules adherence, altering tried and true rules to open up the market, contact is NBD ... and now the result is exactly what has been asked for.

Can't have it both ways.

If you wanted a series and organization run the way the pros do it, you can't expect to field budget minded cars.

MikeP99Z
12-29-2010, 07:26 PM
I wouldn't blame NASA for anything to do with the calender. I have a feeling Grand-Am/Continental tossed a heap of money at GRM to do it.

BlueFirePony
12-29-2010, 09:42 PM
I wouldn't blame NASA for anything to do with the calender. I have a feeling Grand-Am/Continental tossed a heap of money at GRM to do it.
NASA does not have any publishing authority over GRM does it? If so they are doing a terrible job of promoting NASA....not one NASA event in the Events section?

I was not commenting at all on NASA.

Having said that though, having a calendar that promotes Grand Am is not a bias that is that outrageous for GRM considering they do still promote grass-roots stories along side professional editorial and promotions. I'm still not putting the caledar up ;)

As for NASA, do folks want the approach used in performance touring or Time Trial. Run what you brung and class based on points from mods? It might make the rule book a lot simpler to anticipate...

AllZWay
12-29-2010, 11:32 PM
I shit can'ed mine.

JJ

My daughter favorite commercial... " you get with this or you can get with that." :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfJnqbudMzs

kbrewmr2
12-30-2010, 12:46 PM
I'll take it JB - I end up needing about 3-4 calendars each year (kept in different spots) and prefer those over generic car calendars or whatever

I'll PM you my addy

David Love AI27
12-30-2010, 03:12 PM
If so they are doing a terrible job of promoting NASA....not one NASA event in the Events section?

I was not commenting at all on NASA.

As for NASA, do folks want the approach used in performance touring or Time Trial. Run what you brung and class based on points from mods? It might make the rule book a lot simpler to anticipate...

NASATX has done NOTHING to promote the region... I have talked to the people at GR and they told me that someone must submit information to the editor...

When Amber was racing NASA promised to run a article about a Father-Daughter team... it NEVER happened...

I emailed the editor of GR about LiiR's Father-son Championship and they have asked me to submit my story and they "might" run it... at least I make an effort, lots more than I can say about NASATX... at least I don't have to worry about it anymore...

edrock96GT
12-31-2010, 04:22 PM
I shit can'ed mine.

JJ

My daughter favorite commercial... " you get with this or you can get with that." :lol:

My take away from that commercial was: "Kia Soul...it's better than driving a toaster."

AllZWay
12-31-2010, 08:10 PM
I shit can'ed mine.

JJ

My take away from that commercial was: "Kia Soul...it's better than driving a toaster."

Or a box, or a washer, but probably only marginally better. :lol:

jeffburch
01-02-2011, 11:17 PM
Those things remind me of the woodenbox, rollerskate wheeled little rascals.

jb

nasa-rm
01-03-2011, 10:50 AM
I shit can'ed mine.

JJ

Olive Garden Motto - "You only have to be better than the worst....."

edrock96GT
01-03-2011, 06:00 PM
I shit can'ed mine.

JJ

Olive Garden Motto - "You only have to be better than the worst....."

Is that like the joke where the two friends are running from the bear? :lol: