PDA

View Full Version : AI/CMC Dues

David Love AI27
01-04-2011, 01:51 PM
How much was collected in 2010? How much was spent and what is left?Was this ever setup as a 501C3 non profit?

GlennCMC70
01-04-2011, 02:41 PM
We spent more than was collected. There was a leftover amount form 2009 that was rolled into the 2010 fund. I know for sure that Al was out of pocket for some of the banquet as was I.
Don't quote me on this, but I think the current balance is a negative that was nulled out to a zero going forward.
Al has the info on all this. I collected over $500 this year (2010).
I'm unsure if we will collect in 2011. The banquet will be handled differently in the future. If you like the way we have been doing it (separate from a race weekend) let him know this.

David Love AI27
01-04-2011, 03:11 PM
Thanks for the info...

I paid for 5 people and a bunch of t-shirts... If I didn't pay enough, I would like to know....

mitchntx
01-04-2011, 03:43 PM
If you like the way we have been doing it (separate from a race weekend) let him know this.

I have all the respect in the world for the other race groups.

But I certainly don't get a lot out of a long drawn out awards ceremony where the majority of those being lauded I don't know nor have I met. And I assume the other run groups feel teh same way about ours.

It reduces the amount of time each run group can have fun with awards like the golden helmet, hard luck, iron-man awards.

Can you imagine how long the banquet would be if each race group had a YE video and numerous "fun" awards?

I, for one, like the way our year end banquet is handled..

GlennCMC70
01-04-2011, 04:18 PM
Dave's push is to hold the banquet at ECR on Sunday. I'm not sure, but I think this will replace the Annual Banquet the NASA TX holds each year at the first event on Sat night. I think we can still hold our own banquet (nothing really stopping us), but it needs to be able to stand on its own two feet. I cannot fork out money to cover this like Al and Todd and Adam have done in the past. The last time I set it up (Waco Sports Hall of Fame) I think we came out in the positive. This year we spent alot more on awards as we pre paid for about 8 years of engraving for the ROY and Crew Chief awards. The food was alot as well. It was good, but was not cheap.

Anyways, good feedback.

Al Fernandez
01-04-2011, 05:19 PM
Like all good politicians I left my replacement with a huge budget deficit and a giant pile of unresolveable problems! :lol:

2010 expenses
awards: $340
banquet: $1,223
Sub-total expenses: $1,563

2010 opening balance: $474
2010 collections:
dues: $540
zazzle.com sales: $48
banquet fees: $264
Fernandez donation: $237
Sub-total: $1,563

Final Balance: $0

I really like the idea of awards hot off the press Saturday night, with everyone there. I really like our annual videos, additional serious awards, and gag awards, plus getting the gang together away from the track after all the dust has settled. I dont see why we cant have both.

David Love AI27
01-04-2011, 05:32 PM
Fernandez donation: $237

Final Balance: $0

I really like the idea of awards hot off the press Saturday night, with everyone there. I really like our annual videos, additional serious awards, and gag awards, plus getting the gang together away from the track after all the dust has settled. I dont see why we cant have both.

Thanks Al

Ditto on your seperate banquet