PDA

View Full Version : Remember my Mom's Coupe DeVille?

mitchntx
01-19-2011, 09:50 PM
When my mom went into full-time care, we drove her Caddy for a while and then sold it. That was about 2 years ago.

Sold it to a woman in Duncanville.

Genned a Bill of Sale and filled out and sent in the form telling the state we no longer owned the car.

Good thing.

Over the last 18 months, we've gotten letters about parking tickets, running toll booths in Houston, Austin and DFW and today, we get a certified letter telling us that we owe aver $300 in impound fees and for us to either pay up or they will auction off the car.

Made the call, explained and then told them ... knock your socks off.

I can only imagine what shape that car is in. It was a POS when I sold it ...

michaelmosty
01-19-2011, 10:59 PM
After a month I remembered to fill out the vehicle transfer form with the state after I traded in the Infinity. I didn't want to be associated with the car if it was ever linked back to me from my DNA that was on the turtle-necks I pitched in with the trade. What a bitch car. :wink:

AllZWay
01-20-2011, 09:45 AM
Recently, I got a letter from the Ft. Worth court system, saying a warrant would be put out for me if I didn't pay a parking fine for a parking ticket in Ft. Worth.

For starters, I have been to Ft. Worth only a few times and never parked on a street.

The ticket was given to a Chevy 300Z... (what the heck).... but after much griping and complaining that for starters...There is no such car and secondly I couldn't have gotten a parking ticket, they did finally drop the ticket and leave me alone.

Tobey
01-20-2011, 04:52 PM
A friend of mine once sold a car, but didn't submit that paperwork to the state. The buyer never re-titled it. About a year later, it was towed and impounded, and they came back to my friend, since it was still in his name. He paid the fees, filed for a lost title, and then sold the car again. Turned a decent profit the second time.