PDA

View Full Version : MSR-H Round 1

marshall_mosty
01-31-2011, 01:51 AM
WOW... that's all I can say.

From my perspective, I went from the lowest of lows to the highest of highs...

The Friday "practice day" started with a scrub of new set of shaved RA1's and bedding a new set of PFC01's... The practice day ended with a blown power steering pressure hose.

The evening turned worse when the replacement I bought at O'Reilleys leaked. I had no alternative other than to go back into town and see if someone could make a new line.

Long story short, Saturday morning I got a replacement rack (that I ended up not using) and the same power steering line as the eveing before (Thanks Ross!!!). The reason the first hose leaked was it was tightened too much, my mistake.

Due to the "issues", I missed both practice and qual. That put me DFL in AI (gridding 6th) for R1. I fought my way up to the front battling both Dave Garland and Dr. Frank the entire way. I ended up with the win in the end.

R2 was an inverted rolling start and I was able to go from 6th to 2nd in the first turn thanks to a bit of extra room that Casey provided (thanks for that..). I then proceeded to have a brain fart not once, but twice when coming out of keyhole and completely forgetting about bus stop. I went off like a hero at probably around 80 twice... I still don't know where my brain was... In the end, the "agricultural" experience blocked the radiator inlet in my bumper cover and for the last 6 laps of the race I was faced with a pegged oil temp gage (300+) and water temp gage (250+). The motor was pulling crazy timing and wouldn't get out of it's own way... Due to my mistakes, Frank was catching me like a freight train. My only saving grace was a missed shift on Frank's part on one of the last laps of the race... In the end, I took the checkered.

Saturday night festivities were a mad house with salad, lasagna, beer and wine (for the two cake eaters).... hey, they are "upper crust" now with their Porsha's... 2010 awards were given out by the new NASA TX leadership (Dave and Revkah sure now how to put on a party)!! The evening ended with Brian Calder and Eddie Rock both drinking wine from the bottle!! We also found out that we are in the presence of a star... CMC1 2010 championship went to none other than Jason Love (J. Lo)... Wade, where are the new graphics for the #3 car!!!

Sunday morning brought a 60% chance of rain, or for the optimistic types, a 40% chance it wouldn't rain. Apparently the 40% was somewhere other than MSR-H, so we were met with a wet practice, qual, and race 3...

R3 was a very intersting standing start... IN THE RAIN!!! Everyone got away without much issues and going into T17 (T1 going backwards), everyone was expecting a pile-up... We all kept our noses clean and fought a good battle. Unfortunately there was some contact between several cars that required suspensions and probations to be handed out.

My R3 race was a fight from the start. Dave Garland and I fought tooth and nail the entire time. The only difficult part was we had three CMC2 cars in the mix as well. Jeremy, Michael, and Corey were mixing it up with myself and Dave so we had to all play nice. On the final lap I was finally able to get past Michael, knowing I would never live it down if I let him beat me... :D A 2nd place was all I could do. All I can say is Dave can drive in the rain!!!!

R4 put me 3rd on grid and Dave 4th. Going into T17 I was able to capitalize on what was going on and come out in the lead. Unfortunately Dave figured out how to squeeze by to. We raced nose to tail and side by side the ENTIRE race. I swear I looked in my mirrors almost more than the windshield!! It wasn't raining, but the track was still slick as snot. The AI lead changed hands between me and Dave probably 4 times during the race... crazy!!! In the end, I was able to nudge out the win by .67 seconds!!!

All in all the BEST racing I've ever been a part of. All you guys are the best and I thank each of you that offered help and support while I was getting the power steering back together.

See you guys in six short weeks at MSR-C!!!!

#84Sprint
01-31-2011, 10:32 AM
It was very nice to meet you, and So AWESOME to RACE you door to door & Noise to Tall all over that slippery MSRH when wet track.....

edrock96GT
01-31-2011, 01:12 PM
It was also nice meeting and racing with you too Dave!

I had an absolutely amazing time this weekend. It was my first time racing in the rain and it turned out to be one hell of a rush! I was a little hesitant to go out in those conditions but I'm glad I did, Thanks Mike for talking me into it!

I also would like to give a HUGE thanks to Rob for the belts that let me get out on track this event and to Dave Neary for letting my break in his new tires in the rain. I hope I can repay the favor some day!

The rain turned out to be quite an equalizer and I had one hell of a good time battling Dr. Frank all the way to the last turn! It was hairy and got a bit close but very exciting and I'm glad we both made it to the end ok. I figured experience (and power) would prevail in the end but I'm just glad I got the chance to hang with you around the track!

...and Saturday night....WOW, no comment needed :lol: I miss you guys already and I can't wait until Cresson!

Fbody383
01-31-2011, 01:29 PM
It was very nice to meet you, and So AWESOME to RACE you door to door & Nose to Tail, nose to tail, nose to tail all over that slippery MSRH when wet track.....Fixed. :D

Donut Dave... gonna take a while to live that down.

You AI guys better hope it stays dry and I'm not sure he's any slower then either.

As much as watching sucked... it was some great racing to see.

#84Sprint
01-31-2011, 11:53 PM
It was a awesome weekend of racing as well as meeting new friends every one was so good to me, made me feel like I was a long time friend..

Yep Donut Dave, I was glade I could see around the corner to see if there were any one right there to be able to pull that off as well as every one around being good drivers in helping to give enough room to make it work out....I have to give out mad props to all in the CMC and AI Group for some mad skills...

There are tons of Photos for all to grab on Flicker.com for free to use in how every you like,,web address

http://www.flickr.com/photos/DavidGarland

there are 500 uploaded so fare and 1500 more to look threw so tell every one go get your free photos

David Love AI27
02-01-2011, 02:34 PM
It was a awesome weekend of racing as well as meeting new friends every one was so good to me, made me feel like I was a long time friend..

Yep Donut Dave, I was glade I could see around the corner to see if there were any one right there to be able to pull that off as well as every one around being good drivers in helping to give enough room to make it work out....I have to give out mad props to all in the CMC and AI Group for some mad skills...

There are tons of Photos for all to grab on Flicker.com for free to use in how every you like,,web address

there are 500 uploaded so fare and 1500 more to look threw so tell every one go get your free photos

Any pics from the banquet?

jdlingle
02-01-2011, 04:32 PM
I caught the R4 race from the stands and it had everyone up there talking. That was some great racing at the front of the AI field, especially given the track conditions.

Who drives the yellow Fox body CMC car? We were all getting a kick out of watching you that last race. Their were a couple of times there that we couldn't believe you held onto it. Very entertaining and a nice finish (P2 I think)!

I only got to see bits and pieces of the other races you guys had but it was really fun to watch.

ShadowBolt
02-01-2011, 05:13 PM
Who drives the yellow Fox body CMC car? We were all getting a kick out of watching you that last race. Their were a couple of times there that we couldn't believe you held onto it. Very entertaining and a nice finish (P2 I think)!

WHo was that masked man?

JJ

michaelmosty
02-01-2011, 05:39 PM
Haha, Corey has been gone for 2-years and he is already famous again.

I would have bet he was going to spin on the warm-up lap for R4 with all the showing off that was going on. 8)

GlennCMC70
02-01-2011, 06:07 PM

I would have bet he was going to spin on the warm-up lap for R4 with all the showing off that was going on. 8)

His "cooldown" lap was the point of conversation w/ the corners and T/S'ing.

AllZWay
02-01-2011, 06:17 PM

His "cooldown" lap was the point of conversation w/ the corners and T/S'ing.

I wondered what they thought of his "mad drifting skills". :lol:

NASA13
02-02-2011, 10:15 PM
If I cannot win, I can at least entertain the spectators and workers! I missed you guys and I had a great time. Can't wait for cresson !

#84Sprint
02-02-2011, 11:09 PM

Any pics from the banquet?

Sorry no photos of banquet Renee and I had went back to hotel to upload video from camera's