PDA

View Full Version : Engine Help

way2neary
01-31-2011, 07:41 PM
Hey Guys

Thanks again for the help and suggestions on my engine issue. I ended up taking Al's advice and ordered a short block assembly today. They plan to have it built and shipped next Friday Feb 11th. That means if everything goes well, I should have the assembly by Friday Feb 18th.

A few folks mentioned that they would be willing to help with a swap for beer and food. If you are willing /able, how would Sat Feb 19th look? I am in the North Houston area.

Thanks again,

Dave N

Casey_SS
01-31-2011, 10:57 PM
I'm in....

David Love AI27
02-01-2011, 02:36 PM
I got laid off saturday... call me if you need help, I owe you one anyway... 281-414-1738

way2neary
02-15-2011, 07:49 PM
Thank you David. I am still a go for this coming weekend. Will you be around or are you going to TWS?

If anyone else would like to stop by, even for a beer, let me know and I will PM you directions.

Thx

Dave

HoustonNW
02-16-2011, 11:27 AM
The wife and kids are busy all day so I can make it by mid-morning. Please PM me the directions.

David Love AI27
02-16-2011, 01:31 PM
Thank you David. I am still a go for this coming weekend. Will you be around or are you going to TWS?

If anyone else would like to stop by, even for a beer, let me know and I will PM you directions.

Thx

Dave

Will be cornerworking at TWS... really need the cash, sorry

I will PM if plans change... do you need stand or hoist?

way2neary
03-02-2011, 11:03 PM
I get my motor and trans back Friday. I should be able to get it back in on my own. However if I run into a pinch, will anyone be around to help?

Thx

Dave

Al Fernandez
03-03-2011, 10:35 AM
I would, but I still have to cut/fit/weld/paint door bars into the poorsha :shock:

marshall_mosty
03-03-2011, 12:21 PM
Dave,
Bring it to the track in pieces, if needed. We can assemble it there. You would be AMAZED at the work that's been done on the MSR-C skidpad...

BlueFirePony
03-03-2011, 05:37 PM
If it comes to that I'm planning to be at the track early Friday and can bring Kyri's engine hoist, stand and the transmission dolly and a several jacks etc.

Along with the smoker ;)

way2neary
03-03-2011, 07:14 PM
Thx Gents.

Wayne has offered to stop by Saturday to help with some of the heavy lifting.

Brian, thx for the offer, but don't worry about bringing the hoist and stand. I have Todd's stuff right now if needed.

Marshall, sounds like a plan. If I can't get my junk running, I will tow it there.

As it is, I will be challenged to get a dyno done. I hope to get there early Friday to break in the motor AND transmission. If I can break it in, then I should be able to get a clean dyno for the race.

Rob Liebbe
03-03-2011, 07:51 PM
I should be able to come by for a while. What time?

Todd Covini
03-08-2011, 12:51 AM
Update? How did it go??

way2neary
03-08-2011, 06:11 AM
Todd

Thx for asking. Both Rob and Wayne came by on Saturday and helped me get the motor loaded. Most of the motor is re-assembled now, save for a few items. Rob is going to stop by tonight to help me load up the transmission and hook up the driveshaft.

Not everything will be done the way I want (no oil sump or cooler right now). But it should be ready for the race. I plan to start it up Thursday and run it as per break in. On Friday, I am taking the car to TWS and will try to complete the break in. If I can get enough run time at TWS, I will attempt to get the dyno done there.

If there are major issues with the car at TWS, I am going to pack up my shit and go home.

Al Fernandez
03-08-2011, 10:33 AM
hope for the best, plan for the worst

marshall_mosty
03-08-2011, 12:39 PM
Fixed it for ya...

If there are major issues with the car at TWS, I am going to pack up my shit and come to MSR-C so everyone can help get it fixed!!