PDA

View Full Version : WTB CMC or CMC2 Mustang

CSG
02-02-2011, 02:24 PM
Hey everyone. New guy looking to get into CMC racing. If anyone knows of a good car please let me know. I am looking for something that is either complete or mostly complete. I have fab equipment so if it only needs a cage then that is fine. I am wanting something that has high quality work & is capable of winning races or could easily be made to be capable of winning races. Not that the driver is capable...

Fbody383
02-02-2011, 05:34 PM
New guy looking to get into CMC racing.

http://www.aicmctexas.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3710

Good is relative; owner of that car gets it around track quick enough.

Al Fernandez
02-02-2011, 05:45 PM
Have you checked out the national CMC forum? Pat Stone has an sn95 for sale there.

JasonLiiR
02-02-2011, 07:16 PM
I chased that yellow and black LX around a bit at TWS last year. Seems like a sturdy car but could also just be that driver.

CSG
02-03-2011, 08:02 AM
I saw Pat Stone's car. If I could have it at my house for his asking price then I would be real interested, but it is pretty far away otherwise. Thanks for mentioning it though. The yellow/black one could be a possibility if I can't find something a little "nicer".

ShadowBolt
02-03-2011, 08:40 AM
Getting a car from Cal. is not that bad. I bought my car from N. Cal. and I think it was $700.00.
I did have to shop around alot to get that price. Some bids I got were over double that.

JJ

rleng1
02-03-2011, 09:14 AM
Hey everyone. New guy looking to get into CMC racing. If anyone knows of a good car please let me know. I am looking for something that is either complete or mostly complete. I have fab equipment so if it only needs a cage then that is fine. I am wanting something that has high quality work & is capable of winning races or could easily be made to be capable of winning races. Not that the driver is capable...

Mustang???? :shock:

David Love AI27
02-03-2011, 10:19 AM
Hoiw about a white Camaro?

numerous national podiums including 1 nat championship...

3 regional championships

very easy to drive... it even made this old man look good

CSG
02-03-2011, 01:08 PM
I am not totally against a camaro but the price would have to be favorable. I have messed with mustangs since 88 & know them well and have quite a bit of spare parts around so they seem a better fit.

CSG
02-03-2011, 01:11 PM
David Love, where can I find information on the car?

BryanL
02-03-2011, 03:39 PM
Getting a car from Cal. is not that bad. I bought my car from N. Cal. and I think it was $700.00.
I did have to shop around alot to get that price. Some bids I got were over double that.

JJ

Its $800 to ship one right now from Fresno, CA to Dallas, TX with DAS.

CSG
02-04-2011, 10:03 AM
I realize that it is not that expensive to ship but still have a hard time accepting that it adds over 10% to the cost.

marshall_mosty
02-04-2011, 10:50 AM
I realize that it is not that expensive to ship but still have a hard time accepting that it adds over 10% to the cost.Each set of Toyo's adds over 10% to the cost of the car too, but you still need tires... 8)

CSG
02-04-2011, 10:54 AM
I am not claiming that it makes alot of sense, just that it bugs me...

Crumpacker
02-04-2011, 11:15 AM
Each set of Toyo's adds over 10% to the cost of the car too, but you still need tires... 8)

I had never thought of it that way. I'm off to the bar, who's with me?

David Love AI27
02-07-2011, 11:10 AM

3 Regional Championships

1 National Championship

Midpack CMC2 car in CMC trim... (But don't try it, out of class racing is frowned upon around these parts)

Ask around and most will tell you "even a monkey can drive it"

David Love AI27
02-09-2011, 11:34 AM

3 Regional Championships

1 National Championship

Midpack CMC2 car in CMC trim... (But don't try it, out of class racing is frowned upon around these parts)

Ask around and most will tell you "even a monkey can drive it"

I have had a number of PMs about the car... I'm in very dire straits financially and really need to sell... but ultimately it will be up to Jason to find some sponsorship before I can name an asking price...

Rob Liebbe
02-09-2011, 04:28 PM
[quote="David Love AI27 "even a monkey can drive it"[/quote]

quote]

That's not a nice thing to say about Burch. :D

David Love AI27
02-10-2011, 10:28 AM

not the worst thing ever said about him :roll:

Fbody383
02-10-2011, 03:58 PM
"even a monkey can drive it"

not the worst thing ever said about him :roll:

At least Burch can quote the previous guy...

mitchntx
02-10-2011, 04:04 PM
Your honor, let the record show that I wasn't the one that hosed up this guy's thread.

Fbody383
02-10-2011, 10:39 PM

We now rejoin this thread for it original purpose...

CSG
02-15-2011, 08:56 AM
It's all good, I found the hijack humorous. Looks like I need to aim lower on cars. Looking for something that can be pulled into my shop for a total of $6500 or preferably a little less.

mitchntx
02-15-2011, 10:13 AM
It's all good, I found the hijack humorous. Looks like I need to aim lower on cars. Looking for something that can be pulled into my shop for a total of $6500 or preferably a little less.

Does that mean CMC ready?

CSG
02-15-2011, 10:20 AM
At that price it would need to be ready to race CMC or cmc2. Anything requiring the purchase of many parts to be race ready would need to be cheaper.

marshall_mosty
02-15-2011, 12:16 PM
It's all good, I found the hijack humorous. Looks like I need to aim lower on cars. Looking for something that can be pulled into my shop for a total of $6500 or preferably a little less.Have you thought about spec "cake eater"... err I mean 944? I think Todd and Al both got running cars for about that price point.

Not to try and take away a prospective CMC/CMC-2 guy, but I don't think you will get too much car for $6500 in CMC/CMC-2 trim.

Adam Ginsberg
02-15-2011, 12:22 PM
Not to try and take away a prospective CMC/CMC-2 guy, but I don't think you will get too much car for $6500 in CMC/CMC-2 trim.

Are you sure about that (http://www.camaromustangchallenge.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3791), Marshall??

marshall_mosty
02-15-2011, 01:06 PM

Are you sure about that (http://www.camaromustangchallenge.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3791), Marshall??
Okay, I stand corrected... That's why I used "think" and not "won't" in my sentence. Kinda like "Shall" and "Should" from a technical prospective.

There are always some form of a fire sale going on if you look for them...

RichardP
02-15-2011, 02:19 PM

Not that the car shown isn't a good deal, but it's a bit of money, time, and hastle from being a CMC2 car located in Texas. Since Al officially announced the end of CMC1, saying that's a turn key car for $6500 just isn't quite true...

Richard P.

David Love AI27
02-15-2011, 07:15 PM

Not that the car shown isn't a good deal, but it's a bit of money, time, and hastle from being a CMC2 car located in Texas. Since Al officially announced the end of CMC1, saying that's a turn key car for $6500 just isn't quite true...

Richard P.

BUT... it is still a CMC2 car... just like the 3 car :roll: :roll:

meets the rules, just not a front runner

CSG
02-16-2011, 08:37 AM
I appreciate hearing everyone's opinions. I did not know that cmc1 had gone away, I did know that it did not have much interest. I must say that I do like. Mr. Pat's car in that link. I know it could use parts but I like that most of the parts that it has are good parts. Mr. Pat is at his bottom dollar price though & I still need it shipped. I am coming into this sport after many years of offroad racing. The last 2 years have been really slow & it has been hard to find races. That and when it is was going well it was hectic chasing a championship in a 13 weekend series. Hard to do for a working family guy. When work picks back up I will have more to spend but for now I just want to get on track with a car that will make a solid foundation for future modifications.

CSG
03-14-2011, 11:18 AM
I purchased a car! thanks to everyone for their help, hope to see you guys on track.

Scott

BryanL
03-14-2011, 11:31 AM
I'm glad we could make a deal this morning. Look forward to meeting you and good luck.

mitchntx
03-14-2011, 12:48 PM
Hey ... gimme a chance to post all my stuff for sale first.

BryanL
03-14-2011, 01:15 PM
Hey ... gimme a chance to post all my stuff for sale first.
Why would you sell your stuff when you can take care of business even when you are sick?
I'm just going to go a different route and see about getting into this stuff for awhile.
http://www.nhrda.com/Flrz-2011/0402.htm

mitchntx
03-14-2011, 01:32 PM
Oh ... that'll be MUCH cheaper. :roll:

bossskip302
03-15-2011, 12:24 PM
Howdy folks, been a long time since chatting on this forum, Scott and I are selling all of our Racing inventory. His CMC ford all the finest items /add ons
his had top three fnishes never a dnf, took ove a year to build Adam and or wayne.John George know the car well.
Also have numerous new sets of toyos rain and shaved brand new it would take four paragraphs to explain all great products on car, asking 12,500 new refreshed motor, too much to list for another insight ask AJ or Joe at performance speed .
Also selling my 05 Mustang all Steeda products used, moton shocks , stack system BBC rims, alum driveshaft, plexaglass windows major motor improvements nascar tuned exshast system both cars have radio systems along with crew radio,06 AIX Texa Champ, never DNF weighs 2950 with/out driver, was Steeda magazine layout 05,06 and 07 used in all ford magazines
Ads. Way to much to list over eighty grand in car, very easy to drive asking $42,500 will pay a finders fee if help sold

Includes with both cars extra rims and tires, scales, radios car covers and many more

48 ft gooseneck 06, two car Pace trailer ac/heater generator, direct tv hookup, escape doors for all major full size race cars makes it easy to open outside door and hop out has checker floors custom cabniets stainless steel workbench ect new 32k selling 18k , new 16 ply tires

28 ft 06 bumperpull custom Pace trailer checker floors direct tv hookup, custom cabinets great for CMC AI car with lots of spaced for gear tires etc. new 24k asking 16k

If you have any question or need more info please call Skip @ 254 485 0286, or email @ fugowee12000@yahoo.com, As mentioned prior AJ knows these race cars inside and out ha drive both and PST has spent mucho time dialing these beasts in
Reason for selling
Scott and I have spent the last nine years training with Blackwater and Tacpro shooting center in Mingus reaching goals of range officers and Instructors in Pistol Basic to advanced, same with shotgun , carbine and Designated Marksman. Scott is qualified at 1909 meters with a sniper weapon while my old ass is good to 1507 hitting a 24 inch steel targets three out of five times in under a min.
The family is buying ten acres training center located on 377/67 east of Comanche has a ten thousand sq ft building with that 4k 0f showroom space. five lane indoor 75 ft range, hundred yard rifle range, 50 yrd outside pistol range and live shoot house for Law Enforcement. In addition a Intenational Defense and Pistol asso competitive range to hold national matches, intrsruction for both men and women, CHL carry permits and renewal, three gun matches and other fun items.
Will have over 200k of inventory, reloading supplies, EMT equip,steel targets all items needed for hunting and training , Law Enforcement training personal defense for both couples and women taught by Amy, Very unique facility.

Call if any questions on the Race cars and Trailers, will keep y'all informed on the grand opening
Regards
Skip and Scott

Thirteen miles from the shop we have on our ranch/farm a 900 meter range as well as a fake deer blind to simulate deer hunting and allowing fathers/sons/daughters to have confidence in making a longer shot while explaining the "dope" of their particular rifle and be able to take that longer shot with confidence shooting at steel deer, pigs etc targets
All NASA members will have a twenty percent discount on yearly memberships......as y'all can tell we are fired up :D